2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:49
diffuser wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:45
Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:35
Yet another lucky race for Ferrari.
Lucky how ? Lap 50 it was Norris 1st but both Ferrari's were in front of Ric. McLaren still ended up with more points than Ferrari in the constructors. If anything it was sideways from a McLaren/Ferrari perspective. Obviously it sucks for Norris but that has nothing to do with Ferari getting lucky, they didn't.
Lucky by the fact that Sainz got a podium he did not deserve as the car was nowhere near podium speed in Russia. We didnt get as many points as I hoped we would get.
Lucky...how? They left Leclerc out as well. Lando threw it away and it is a fact. It hurts like hell but it it what it is. He was to eager for win, especially since he almost won a race ago...this is a valuable lesson and they as a team will discuss it.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

SmallSoldier wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:53
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:41
Lando overruled the team. Nothing you can do. He thought he knew better and it bit him badly
I know we are all gutted… His youth got on display today… But, even when it clearly didn’t work out, a part of me likes the aggressiveness and fearless that he had today, he had a victory in front of him and he went for it, he gambled and lost, but Kudos to him for trying.
Totally agree. The kid has developed extremely well over the last few years. This will polish him off even more. We have a diamond in him

Emag
Emag

blastdoman wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:53
You have to take the positive from today. Great pace from Lando, practically the same as Mercedes. And above all, learn for the future, both Lando and the team. You must learn things like today so as not to repeat them.
Great pace is putting it mildly. Literally lapping 2 seconds faster than the next car after Lewis. That's not great pace, that's --- lightning quick.

univex
univex

Poor pit stops x2. Team cost RIC P2 today.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Just no words really for Lando...

There was a moment I was thinking he could still do it and then saw the rain coming down as a solid sheet in turn 4 and it was all over.

All changed in 1 lap.
Last edited by Raleigh on 26 Sep 2021, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

Darth-Piekus

People should stop blaming Norris or the team. They took a risk. It was 50-50 for the rain to get stronger or stop. Nobody knows how that would go. Ferrari had luck on their side as Mclaren probably gained 1 or 2 more points instead of let's say 12 or 14 more which would have been the normal on this GP due to two bad Ricciardo Pit Stops and the rain at the end.

Anyway. Doesn't matter now. According to the Constructors Points on espnf1 we have a 18 point lead over Ferrari.

JRindt

F**k. Absolutely heartbroken..! I haven’t cursed this much since high school.

The team should’ve been proactive in bringing lando in, just like the Merc pit wall were telling Hamilton that there’s more rain coming in. They have a weather radar and data of those on inters. Once lewis pitted, I think all Lando could do to get a win is stay out, hang on for dear life and hope the rain stays away. Alas… it wasn’t to be.

bauc

Lando put himself in a position to take his first win and then his desire to get his first win overtook his ability to judge correctly .... what a missed chance for Lando and our 2nd win of the season.... This will be one big and harsh lesion for Norris and Mclaren, in F1 you always must be on the right tire at the right time.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:49
diffuser wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:45
Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:35
Yet another lucky race for Ferrari.
Lucky how ? Lap 50 it was Norris 1st but both Ferrari's were in front of Ric. McLaren still ended up with more points than Ferrari in the constructors. If anything it was sideways from a McLaren/Ferrari perspective. Obviously it sucks for Norris but that has nothing to do with Ferari getting lucky, they didn't.
Lucky by the fact that Sainz got a podium he did not deserve as the car was nowhere near podium speed in Russia. We didnt get as many points as I hoped we would get.
Both McLaren and Ferrari Split the stratregy...LeClerc/Norris stayed out Sainz/Ricciardo pitted for inters. Sainz Ricciard finished 3ird and 4th. The other 2 7th and 15th. They rolled the dice.

JRindt

Actually, I’m surprised lando didn’t put the car in the wall. It’s amazing, if you think about it

Darth-Piekus

So we have a 18 point lead over Ferrari and let's hope there isn't a penalty due to rain circumstances. Next stop Turkey. Are there any other GPs where we can have the upper hand against Ferrari?

I must say that it was a great lesson today for the driver and the team to be ready to make decisions at any special circumstance. If Mclaren has to get that number 1 place they must improve in that domain.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 26 Sep 2021, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Zangetsu
Zangetsu

Apart from disasters at last couple of laps, Lando and Lewis clearly at their league of their own with such lightning quick pace. Its some positivity that's worth noting for imo. I hope team will learn their mistakes today and make a redemption at next race. This season is full of ups and downs and arguably the best F1 season since 2012 for me =D>

bauc

The worst thing about today is Lando screaming to his race engineer to Shut UP, for a moment he reminder me that he is still a kid and this is his only 3rd season in F1, he has still a lot to learn and the team cant take BS from the drivers, they need to have a firm hand on who is making the calls.
Last edited by bauc on 26 Sep 2021, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

bauc

Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:03
So we have a 18 point lead over Ferrari and let's hope there isn't a penalty due to rain circumstances. Next stop Turkey. Are there any other GPs where we can have the upper hand against Ferrari?

I must say that it was a great lesson today for the driver and the team to be ready to make decisions at any special circumstance. If Mclaren has to get that number 1 place they must improve in that domain.
I only think Brazil will suit Ferrari better, for the rest we are at level with Ferrari or maybe at a slight advantage.

blastdoman
blastdoman

Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:03
Common sense tells me that they should not penalize Lando, but you know, the FIA ​​stewards, in that sense sometimes they have little