2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pany

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Serious problem perez. Constructor title is gone. Better change engine to him too and go back to help verstappen

Gillian

Jambier wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 10:23
Gillian wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 08:14

Schumacher was the best of his time, Alonso and Hamilton after that and right now I would rate Verstappen higher.
I agree with that but I think RB should focus more on the second car, having someone really good and reliable that can be 3tenth behind VES is the target.

But indeed not easy to know who.
2022 cars will be brand new and PER will be at his second season with RB, let’s hope he could be at the right level
Riciardo would have been perfect but I understand why he did not want to stay. Sainz would have worked as well. Its just a shame Red Bull decided to let him go (or push him away with how they treated him) due to circumstances. I think Sainz and Verstappen in one team would work now, because I believe the gap between them would bigger than it was in their first season together. But I am very sure Sainz would be closer to Verstappen than the current driver's. But alas, mist oppurtunity and the beauty of hindsight.

Juzh

Verstappen got saved by rain but overall pace in traffic was horrendous. Apart from a few overtakes on hards he couldn't do anything on mediums. That trimmed wing really doesn't work around here, you're dead slow in S3 and you just kill any tyre you got fitted twice as fast as on regular setups. Proven as much by perez of all people who ran more traditional downforce levels and could go on for much longer on same set.

I believe turkey will be decisive. If red bull is behind on pace on that track it's gonna get desperate real fast.

JordanMugen

Gillian wrote:
Schumacher was the best of his time, Alonso and Hamilton after that and right now I would rate Verstappen higher.
Red Bull had the chance to sign Alonso twice (or more) but they didn't -- instead signing Albon for 2020 and then waiting on evaluating Albon for 2021 at which point Alonso had already signed for Alpine. Oh well. What's done is done.

Fortunately a quality driver signing doesn't have to be a veteran. It is also possible to sign rookies or juniors who, too, are aces. There are other exciting & young prospects like Piastri, Pourchaire and co -- unfortunately the ace drivers at F2 are aligned with rival junior programs. Doohan in F3 seems quite competent though.

For the Red Bull program drivers at F2 level Lawson seems very competent, albeit not as exciting as Piastri. Vips seems to be a relative disappointment. Ticktum is OK on pace but obviously a bit of a hothead and rightly dropped from the Red Bull roster.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 26 Sep 2021, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

ringo

No even after Turkey they have a good car under them to challenge everywhere.
Mexico and Brasil could suit the RB16B well.
And with the engine situation LH wont be able to fully capitalize on the higher speed tracks.
The constructors is their issur. Perez needs to wake up.
For Sure!!

JordanMugen

ringo wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:29
If not for a slow pitstop and slow decision to change to inters, Perez could have taken P2 or victory. :)

The poor race result can hardly be blamed on Perez in this instance. Perez was running right behind eventual winner Hamilton until the pitstops after all.

It does seem that RBR needs more pitstop practice with these new procedures! :shock:

DChemTech

JordanMugen wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:32
ringo wrote:
If not for a slow pitstop and slow decision to change to inters, Perez could have taken P2 or victory. :)

The poor race result can hardly be blamed on Perez in this instance. Perez was running right behind eventual winner Hamilton until the pitstops after all.

It does seem that RBR needs more pitstop practice with these new procedures! :shock:
He was following Ham just fine on hards, but by the time Hamiltons mediums should have been at their end, Perez didn't manage to land an attack... and Ham got away once the air was clear in front of him. So it seems more that Perez managed to keep up with Ricciardo, as long as he was there.

ringo

Ok right that is true. I forgot he has a 9 second stop. Nonetheless his qualifying needs to improve. He is doing an okay job but needs to do a little more in qualy.
From what i see in mercedes Bottas is in his own world so redbull could push perez a bit more to try and overtake Bottas at the end of the season.
For Sure!!

Gillian

JordanMugen wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:27
Gillian wrote:
Red Bull had the chance to sign Alonso twice (or more) but they didn't -- instead signing Albon for 2020 and then waiting on evaluating Albon for 2021 at which point Alonso had already signed for Alpine. Oh well. What's done is done.

Fortunately a quality driver signing doesn't have to be a veteran. It is also possible to sign rookies or juniors who, too, are aces. There are other exciting & young prospects like Piastri, Pourchaire and co -- unfortunately the ace drivers at F2 are aligned with rival junior programs. Doohan in F3 seems quite competent though.

For the Red Bull program drivers at F2 level Lawson seems very competent, albeit not as exciting as Piastri. Vips seems to be a relative disappointment. Ticktum is OK on pace but obviously a bit of a hothead and rightly dropped from the Red Bull roster.
Alonso and Verstappen in a team would have been a treat for sure!

I hope Red Bull will take their time with new drivers and don't burn through talents so fast like they have been doing.

Pany

Yes, good point
DChemTech wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:37
JordanMugen wrote:
ringo wrote:

He was following Ham just fine on hards, but by the time Hamiltons mediums should have been at their end, Perez didn't manage to land an attack... and Ham got away once the air was clear in front of him. So it seems more that Perez managed to keep up with Ricciardo, as long as he was there.

Gillian

DChemTech wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:37
JordanMugen wrote:
ringo wrote:

I agree. Everyone was stuck behind Russel during first stint and then Riciardo held up Hamilton. When Hamilton was in clear air he had much better pace. Didn't look like it for Perez.

nzjrs

Great race by Perez today, got hung out to dry in strategy, but he will be happy with his performance.

Pany

No, he did nothing special. He had pace simimilar to mclareb, nothing more

Sieper

Juzh wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:55
Verstappen got saved by rain but overall pace in traffic was horrendous. Apart from a few overtakes on hards he couldn't do anything on mediums. That trimmed wing really doesn't work around here, you're dead slow in S3 and you just kill any tyre you got fitted twice as fast as on regular setups. Proven as much by perez of all people who ran more traditional downforce levels and could go on for much longer on same set.

I believe turkey will be decisive. If red bull is behind on pace on that track it's gonna get desperate real fast.
Max was very fast in free air. He just got very unlucky in the traffic, especially after the pitstop. I agree the set-up in hindsight wasn’t great (nor starting on White) but Max today showed fantastic restraint. He evaded the Leclerc chop on his wing (when leclerc and Vettel battled). He was very sensible in defence when Alonso and leclerc were faster (after the pitstop and Max needing a long stint on yellow) and He did a great inlap on slicks in the wet. The race wasn’t going his way but in the end still P2 as they made the right call together and got lucky with the rain messing the order up.

Gillian

Sieper wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 17:35
Juzh wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:55

Max was very fast in free air. He just got very unlucky in the traffic, especially after the pitstop. I agree the set-up in hindsight wasn’t great (nor starting on White) but Max today showed fantastic restraint. He evaded the Leclerc chop on his wing (when leclerc and Vettel battled). He was very sensible in defence when Alonso and leclerc were faster (after the pitstop and Max needing a long stint on yellow) and He did a great inlap on slicks in the wet. The race wasn’t going his way but in the end still P2 as they made the right call together and got lucky with the rain messing the order up.
Some sensible comments.

It seems like when Verstappen goes all the way and doesn't budge an inch he isn't "mature" or should calm down but when be does so and drives safely he suddenly is too slow or there is something wrong. I don't get it.

The first pitstop was just a bit too soon which hampered his second stint. Many struggled to overtake today, just look at Hamilton behind Riciardo... It also looked to me like he didn't want to risk anything today and just take home some points.