2021 Alfa Romeo F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MrMuffins

Re: 2021 Alfa Romeo F1 Team

In the news: Andretti Autosport is set to purchase 80% of Longbow S.A. which is Alfa Romeo's backer.

Baulz

I never expected this to get passed the rumour stage, hopefully it works out to be positive for the team.

nacho

Giovinazzi probably isn't continuing next year as he did not obey team orders and cost the team at least a point.

Big Tea

I wonder if Bottas knew?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AMG.Tzan

MrMuffins wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 17:23
In the news: Andretti Autosport is set to purchase 80% of Longbow S.A. which is Alfa Romeo's backer.

Soo what happens to Alfa Romeo?? It will just be called Alfa Romeo - Andretti Team?? Because I really liked that Alfa Romeo is back in F1 even just as a sponsor...

A bit off topic but...
Has anyone got an opinion on why it's Haas and Andretti that come into F1 although Penske and Ganassi are the biggest teams in US?? If there was one US team strong enough to compete with the best in F1 it clearly is Penske I think...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Manoah2u

Big Tea wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 21:43
I wonder if Bottas knew?
Likely Wolff knows. Likely too that Andretti would have interest in Merc engines.
It would also likely put De Vries in that seat, have him 2 seasons in F1 to concider him as a Hamilton replacement (or Vettel), and then have Herta in there in 2024 with enough time to achieve sufficient Superlicense points.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 16:18
Big Tea wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 21:43
I wonder if Bottas knew?
Likely Wolff knows. Likely too that Andretti would have interest in Merc engines.
It would also likely put De Vries in that seat, have him 2 seasons in F1 to concider him as a Hamilton replacement (or Vettel), and then have Herta in there in 2024 with enough time to achieve sufficient Superlicense points.
I would think it highly likely that an American driver, probably an Andretti, would be in sharpish.

Manoah2u

For your information, Herta is an American Indy GP winner, he just doesn't have a SL.
And apart from that, afaik, there is no Andretti driver available either.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 22:44
For your information, Herta is an American Indy GP winner, he just doesn't have a SL.
Yes. Herta does not have enough points for a licence does he? I suspect it will have to be a long(ish) term project staring with coming through lower grades. Does Herta get some points from the series he has run? possibly a crash (probably a bad choice of words) course via F2? Does he not run Piquet?

Manoah2u

Big Tea wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 23:00
Manoah2u wrote:
Yes. Herta does not have enough points for a licence does he? I suspect it will have to be a long(ish) term project staring with coming through lower grades. Does Herta get some points from the series he has run? possibly a crash (probably a bad choice of words) course via F2? Does he not run Piquet?
i've just literally mentioned twice that he doesn't have a SL.
i also mentioned the two year potential placeholder 'de vries' so he has time to enter.

do you even read before commenting?

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 04:18
Big Tea wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 23:00
Manoah2u wrote:
i've just literally mentioned twice that he doesn't have a SL.
i also mentioned the two year potential placeholder 'de vries' so he has time to enter.

do you even read before commenting?
Some times

Mogster

With even a modicum of circumspection Herta could have mounted a challenge for the 2021 Indycar title. Settling for 2nd in Nashville would have bagged another 40 points. I realise most drives in Indycar are just about the individual win as anything other than a championship win has zero value, but for Herta superlicence points were available. The way he was driving I’d assumed F1 was completely off the table, but now it seems not, you’d think he’d know about the potential Andretti/Sauber tie up being so close to the Andrettis?

Big Tea

Mogster wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 09:48
With even a modicum of circumspection Herta could have mounted a challenge for the 2021 Indycar title. Settling for 2nd in Nashville would have bagged another 40 points. I realise most drives in Indycar are just about the individual win as anything other than a championship win has zero value, but for Herta superlicence points were available. The way he was driving I’d assumed F1 was completely off the table, but now it seems not, you’d think he’d know about the potential Andretti/Sauber tie up being so close to the Andrettis?

The list of Andretti drivers also include other than Colton Herta: Ryan Hunter-Reay. James Hinchcliffe.
Alexander Rossi. Marco Andretti. Stefan Wilson, and (aparently) according to NBC; Grosjean is 'on the Andretti team' from next year.

Mogster

It’s been mentioned elsewhere that (rightly or wrongly) the 2022 F3 Asian winter series pays 10 SL points for 5th place. Zhou entered last year and won.

That would give Herta the SL points.

Big Tea

Looks like the deal is off then