2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
aran.vtec

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Alexf1 wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 23:46
Tizz wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 20:35
Alexf1 wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 19:26

Noticed this too. Could it be Max used the old ES in Turkey?
Don't they adjust the deployment for each track and they didn't get it 100% ?
Yes they do, but Honda usually doesn't run out of K in a qualy lap. So this happening is odd. Especially as the new ES was brought to us as a good step forward in efficient harvesting so running out of steam so early on that straight while Merc and Ferrari do not is strange.
Is there anyway to find out what components out the pool were used per race? Knowing Lewis had a grid penalty at the beginning on the weekend and weather looking very much like wet weekend, it makes sense they would used the oldest components as all they needed to do was stay ahead and not go for the win. Could also explain max lack of pace.

Alexf1

aran.vtec wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 07:14
Alexf1 wrote:
Tizz wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 20:35
Don't they adjust the deployment for each track and they didn't get it 100% ?
Yes they do, but Honda usually doesn't run out of K in a qualy lap. So this happening is odd. Especially as the new ES was brought to us as a good step forward in efficient harvesting so running out of steam so early on that straight while Merc and Ferrari do not is strange.
Is there anyway to find out what components out the pool were used per race? Knowing Lewis had a grid penalty at the beginning on the weekend and weather looking very much like wet weekend, it makes sense they would used the oldest components as all they needed to do was stay ahead and not go for the win. Could also explain max lack of pace.
Not officially no. They usually keep mileage as low as possible on all race engines by circulating (oldest race engine on lower power tracks). Friday engines are used on low modes until they pop or start to get hickups. In the roundup on racefans.net Horner mentions they are happy that Max took a fourth engine as they now have more than 1 engine in the pool which could indicate engine nr.1 is out of the pool (even as friday engine) which would make sense as it must have done nearly 6k km by now.

aran.vtec

Alexf1 wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 12:57
aran.vtec wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 07:14
Alexf1 wrote:

Not officially no. They usually keep mileage as low as possible on all race engines by circulating (oldest race engine on lower power tracks). Friday engines are used on low modes until they pop or start to get hickups. In the roundup on racefans.net Horner mentions they are happy that Max took a fourth engine as they now have more than 1 engine in the pool which could indicate engine nr.1 is out of the pool (even as friday engine) which would make sense as it must have done nearly 6k km by now.
Ok, Well we know PU 1 has done allot and most likely not even used for practice anymore.
PU 2 was damaged in Silverstone crash.
PU 3 if I recall he took at spa as there was mention of new components there.

So before turkey we know PU 3 maximum 3 races old and PU 4 1 race.

Hopefully these last 2 PU can be pushed little harder than normal as it looks like they going to need it.

godlameroso

6 races left that means each power unit left only has to do 3 races.

It will be interesting to work out which races they want to win.

The gap is 8 win 2 more and the gap becomes 22 Hamilton wins 3 plus 1 fastest lap and the gap is nullified going into the final race.

Then the championship is decided on the final race, winner take all.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

wdc desided at last race would be very exciting

McG

I'll be very surprised if Honda can get 1 over Mercedes in the closing stages of the championship where everything becomes even more critical. I wonder if Red Bull's flexing rear wing is a gift to Honda so they can map the PU to have less stress going through as the wing flexes. If they are using it in that way it could play a part in over all reliability which could show in these closing stages.
F1 is dead.

etusch

McG wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 15:09
I'll be very surprised if Honda can get 1 over Mercedes in the closing stages of the championship where everything becomes even more critical. I wonder if Red Bull's flexing rear wing is a gift to Honda so they can map the PU to have less stress going through as the wing flexes. If they are using it in that way it could play a part in over all reliability which could show in these closing stages.
As I said earlier Mercedes still can not cleared reliability side of it's PU and they are pushing to limit their pu, using bigger wings to keep up with redbull. They are not faster car otherwise.
When it needed and Honda opens up a little bit more it will turn around towards Redbull again. But I think Redbull don't need it now. Their rival need to push hard as their boss already declared and we will see how long they can keep doing this.

Zynerji

Mercs front wing was much more bendy than the RBR in the Turkey onboards.

I think RBR need an "update" to the layup orientation pattern for their flaps for the rest of the season.

McG

etusch wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 16:54
McG wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 15:09
As I said earlier Mercedes still can not cleared reliability side of it's PU and they are pushing to limit their pu, using bigger wings to keep up with redbull. They are not faster car otherwise.
When it needed and Honda opens up a little bit more it will turn around towards Redbull again. But I think Redbull don't need it now. Their rival need to push hard as their boss already declared and we will see how long they can keep doing this.
Yes we will see. And I'm not saying that like I know any more than you. It could go either way but I will still be surprised if Honda can provide as much as they have seemed to for the remaining races.

Edit: lol at the downvote reasons. " Oh I see your signature" and "Red Bull's wing wasn't illegal". I didn't say it was illegal and thanks for reacting like a child to a signature on the internet 😂
F1 is dead.

McG

Zynerji wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:08

I think RBR need an "update" to the layup orientation pattern for their flaps for the rest of the season.
And? Please continue. Because if you are saying that part a front wing flexing is just as much as a whole rear wing flexing I welcome you to confirm you think that.
F1 is dead.

etusch

McG wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:54

Yes we will see. And I'm not saying that like I know any more than you. It could go either way but I will still be surprised if Honda can provide as much as they have seemed to for the remaining races.
If you are saying merc were running conservative at first and now pushes but honda were pushing from the beginning and now not have margine to give up reliability by giving more power, it is simply nonesense

dans79

Zynerji wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:08

You do realize that's a horrendously bad idea right?

Structural design and aerodynamic design have to work together.

You can't change one and not the other, unless you wanna throw chunks of performance out the window.
197 104 103 7

McG

etusch wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 19:05
McG wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:54

If you are saying merc were running conservative at first and now pushes but honda were pushing from the beginning and now not have margine to give up reliability by giving more power, it is simply nonesense
I didn't say that. You just said that. You're writing your own nonsense 😂 How you got all that from what I said I don't know.
F1 is dead.

Curbstone

Frankly I have no clue of what you're saying, you haven't been particularly clear.
The bendy wing is long gone, Honda's high power was always confused with the effects of tiny rear wings.
You cannot simply change the lay-out of the front wing. It works as the first part of a total aerodynamic concept. If it was so easy, they would have already done it.

Curbstone

On another note, Red Bull used a filming day in Istanbul, so to say to find more top speed. I hope they found what they were looking for.