2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SiLo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Jaisonas wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 09:54
My biggest hope really is that Honda was running in a very conservative mode or even safe mode cause ferrari was matching RB's speed in most sections in q3...
https://i.imgur.com/PGTtlmW.jpeg
Ferrari finally had their upgraded engine in both cars. I think it's a decent jump for them which makes everything a lot closer in terms of straight line performance.
Felipe Baby!

Wouter

CHECO TO RACE THROUGH DALLAS

F1 driver Sergio Perez will be behind the wheel of his Red Bull F1 car tomorrow in Dallas.
The team is hosting a 4-hour event in the Harwood district of Dallas and it's expected to draw a big crowd.

He'll do 4 runs along a 600m section of closed streets from 10am to 2pm
Just an image of the show car.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The RB16B isn’t the only F1 car Red Bull Racing Honda will have in Texas this weekend.
We’re heading to Dallas with the RB7 for a Live Demo, but what exactly is that?
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... LiveDemos/?

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Perez arrived in Dallas with ACURA on his overall. :)

Last edited by Wouter on 16 Oct 2021, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

ringo

It seems the gap between mercedes at turkey and the understeer in the rb16 had a lot to do with setup. Newey was in a. ike accident and was absent from work. On his return he quickly pointed out the glaring setup mistakes made by redbull at Turkey. Looks like they need Newey to help them to understand the cars he designs.
So who knew how much better the car would have been had Newey been present to guide the team on setup?
Maybe they can get back to the front new when the car is setup in the right window.
For Sure!!

etusch

ringo wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 18:59
It seems the gap between mercedes at turkey and the understeer in the rb16 had a lot to do with setup. Newey was in a. ike accident and was absent from work. On his return he quickly pointed out the glaring setup mistakes made by redbull at Turkey. Looks like they need Newey to help them to understand the cars he designs.
So who knew how much better the car would have been had Newey been present to guide the team on setup?
Maybe they can get back to the front new when the car is setup in the right window.
I think unexpected grip level (probably more at rear ) broke balance that Redbull find this year and they looked like they are not there.

bigblue

ringo wrote:
On his return he quickly pointed out the glaring setup mistakes made by redbull at Turkey.
What!? Where did you hear that, and if he did, it didn't seem to do them much good. I'm not sure I believe this.

godlameroso

Saishū kōnā

ringo

bigblue wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 01:06
ringo wrote:
On his return he quickly pointed out the glaring setup mistakes made by redbull at Turkey.
What!? Where did you hear that, and if he did, it didn't seem to do them much good. I'm not sure I believe this.
see here:
https://www.planetf1.com/news/adria ... njury/
For Sure!!

Gillian

ringo wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 17:45
bigblue wrote:
ringo wrote:
see here:
Thanks, nice read.

PlatinumZealot

The car is an aerodynamic goldielocks it seems. It's need everything just right or else it understeers. In Hungary it had some understeer issues and instability too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bigblue

ringo wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 17:45
bigblue wrote:
ringo wrote:
see here:
Fair enough, thanks. If true, Red Bull really shouldn't be so reliant on Newey even down to getting the best set-up !

Tizz

bigblue wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 23:54
Fair enough, thanks. If true, Red Bull really shouldn't be so reliant on Newey even down to getting the best set-up !
It is always difficult to understand who is doing what but this has puzzled me a while. Mercedes seems not to be dependent on a specific person whereas RB seems to be totally depending on Newey. It makes RB very vulnerable...

adrianjordan

That bastion of good journalism (joke) the Express trying to stir things up over the Silverstone crash again:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... on-f1-news

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

etusch

There is a saying in here. Translating these kind of things are hard but I will try with help of google tranlate

"It's easy for a single person to divorce a wife."

If you are professionally doing this, you can not let it go so easy. I think they have to push at Pu side too. We understand ( and Fia also declared that ) from Ferrari investigation that Fia has not got ability to investigate this PU tech sufficiently so need help. If they could not find anything wrong with merc PU that means nothing. And it is a question marq when you didn't find anything with Ferrari but that unfounded thing slowed down Ferrari and it didn't resulted same with mercedes.
( I am expecting at least 10 downvotes :lol: )