2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I'm liking our chances in Austin, and if we make progress with the setup, Losail should be a good one too.

Having sampled the track, it has 1 hairpin everything else is medium and high speed corners. DRS is useless, and it's very easy to keep the ERS topped off.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Tizz wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 09:13
bigblue wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 23:54
Fair enough, thanks. If true, Red Bull really shouldn't be so reliant on Newey even down to getting the best set-up !
It is always difficult to understand who is doing what but this has puzzled me a while. Mercedes seems not to be dependent on a specific person whereas RB seems to be totally depending on Newey. It makes RB very vulnerable...
Overreacting much? :D

Keep in mind these statements come from headmaster Helmut who has a penchant for emotional statements.

No. RedBull did well on their own when Newey took a little break; they have very competent people there. What may have happened was a sort of genius, one-time fiddling anf fobbing may have been identified as a way to fix the issues in Turkey - in hindsight.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

etusch

yener

godlameroso wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:41
I'm liking our chances in Austin, and if we make progress with the setup, Losail should be a good one too.

Having sampled the track, it has 1 hairpin everything else is medium and high speed corners. DRS is useless, and it's very easy to keep the ERS topped off.
I think we are (RBR) going to be "sitting ducks" in Austin. Dont forget that we are approx 10km/h slower on the straights. And this is with the merc running way more downforce on their RW.
TBH it was almost humiliating to see the lack of top speed at the Redbulls. Even Ferrari is becoming a serious threat.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

hkbruin

Our only hope is that Merc have to be conservative with their PU’s and lose that edge, or if they take another engine penalty to cover for HAM’s 5th ICE because they don’t know of unit 4 will blow up. We can only look at other Merc powered teams and see where their issues are to predict if Merc reliability falters and RB Honda can win out by a small margin. We could be looking at a single digit difference to determine both drivers and constructors titles.

adrianjordan

hkbruin wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 05:33
Our only hope is that Merc have to be conservative with their PU’s and lose that edge, or if they take another engine penalty to cover for HAM’s 5th ICE because they don’t know of unit 4 will blow up. We can only look at other Merc powered teams and see where their issues are to predict if Merc reliability falters and RB Honda can win out by a small margin. We could be looking at a single digit difference to determine both drivers and constructors titles.
I think WCC is a long shot, a very long shot. Bottas seems to be driving back to his best and is getting better results than Perez.

I believe that RBR are focused solely on the WDC, and perhaps rightly so, such that if they happen to win the WCC it will be a bonus.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

TNTHead

It might however be that RB chose to use a conservative engine setting at Turkey because of their low chance of beating the Mercs anyway. So it might be that next GP the differences in top speed are smaller. Difficult to compare engine power / top speed on only one race. The long game is most probably playing a part here.

basti313

I think they used too much wing. RedBull was good on judging the necessary wing level and that gave them together with the good floor a top speed advantage. This was leveled with the Merc upgrade and now misjudged in Turkey due to the unknown grip levels. For the next races I expect it on par.
Don`t russel the hamster!

etusch

I am sure that Honda also will go aggressive at engine mapping if needed. But for now it is not needed. First we need to see how Redbull and their rival performs at austin. Can merc engine handle that much bump with that aggressive settings.
At the other hand I think coming 2-3 race results also will affect Redbull Honda's strategy. Maybe they can achieve to get enough point to stay reliable instead of being powerfull.
( The year Alsonso raced with andretti at indy 500, I had read Honda asked costumers to choose one of two options; more power or reliability. I remember that teams chosen more power. That was not brought result for Alo but if I remember right another Honda powered car was winner )

godlameroso

yener wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 01:55
godlameroso wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:41

I think we are (RBR) going to be "sitting ducks" in Austin. Dont forget that we are approx 10km/h slower on the straights. And this is with the merc running way more downforce on their RW.
TBH it was almost humiliating to see the lack of top speed at the Redbulls. Even Ferrari is becoming a serious threat.
There's only one real straight in Austin, the pit "straight" is pretty short with some clever energy management and trimming the car a bit, shouldn't be too bad. The RBR has the most downforce of any car, so they should be fine in the corners if they get the balance right. The car and circuit in the right window will make all the difference.

They were out of the window in Turkey and Mercedes smack dab in it and the difference was only .3, Mercedes falls out of the window and Red Bull gets in it and the tide can turn very quickly. Monaco Austria and Baku were cases of Mercedes not being in the window.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

How Alex Albon has helped the Team collect wins and podiums in 2021.
Written by Red Bull Racing Honda. Published on 19.10.2021

How is it that both Max and Checo can go onto track on a Friday and instantly impress with the RB16B? Well, there’s several reasons, but the standout one is that the car has been set up for the right conditions and the track before they’ve even sat in it. And that’s thanks to Red Bull Racing Honda’s Test and Reserve Driver, Alex Albon.
We sat down with Alex to find out more about his role driving in the simulator and why he might just be the busiest driver in Formula One.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... riverRole/?
The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

So has Alex stepped back now as he has signed for Williams ? has he stopped doing the sim work recently ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NL_Fer

Redbull had always been good at the next 3 circuits, Merc has a good car now. It is up to the drivers now

Wouter

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 17:32
So has Alex stepped back now as he has signed for Williams ? has he stopped doing the sim work recently ?
No, he hasn't. Why do you think that?
The Power of Dreams!

Tizz

Wouter wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 18:07
NathanOlder wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 17:32
No, he hasn't. Why do you think that?
Last time Albon was in Turkey during the race weekend. Then it was Sebestian Buemi in de sim.