2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Ryar wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 17:46
I heard on Sky commentary that, Perez is now moving away from Max's setup to his own, since Turkey. It probably has something to do with uptick in his quali form.
this time he was good at Q but not that good ( not bad too ) at race. It is very welcome if he perform like that. One step more (race pace) and he is very competitive.

wowgr8

Finishing nearly a minute behind your teammate is not bad? Especially in a race where Max needed protection from Hamilton? I thought his race pace was shocking, but like I said he had the drink issue and he was unwell

Gillian

wowgr8 wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 19:59
Finishing nearly a minute behind your teammate is not bad? Especially in a race where Max needed protection from Hamilton? I thought his race pace was shocking, but like I said he had the drink issue and he was unwell
His good qualifying saved Verstappens race though. It was pretty obvious Perez gave second place to Verstappen. Imagine that was another driver and it would have atleast cost Verstappen some time to overtake. Seeing the race was won with a margin of a little over a second, that could have been crucial.

Sieper

Yes. True. But if it weren’t for Perez I think Max would have aborted the keeping Lewis at bay attempt earlier (as to not lose P2). But we will never know. Had Perez been a smidgeon quicker in Qualy it would have been a front row lock out. That would have helped a lot here with that P2 spot on the inside. Also, he had just one set of white left and a used (needed two attempts in Q2) yellow so that counts for some say 10 seconds time loss? The white set Ofcourse was sacrificed for the team benefit, but the yellow Ofcourse was his own doing.

Perez is overall imho .7 slower than Max. But who will be closer? Lando? But he is Mclaren’s man. One of the big F2 talents?
Last edited by Sieper on 26 Oct 2021, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

Tizz

wowgr8 wrote:
Go to the gym in a racing suit while you have a cold. Do a real workout without any water for an hour and a half uninterrupted and let's see what you make of it. You're not being very fair.

Sieper

Tizz wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 23:22
wowgr8 wrote:
Go to the gym in a racing suit while you have a cold. Do a real workout without any water for an hour and a half uninterrupted and let's see what you make of it.
He didn’t loose so much time early on. When he was on comparable tires. Only when he went to the used mediums (and tried to get into the pit window of Lewis) he fell away.

Sickness imho surely didn’t help but what I saw happening was to be expected due to the tire situation. Rubber to spent is critical. I see people judging that far too lightly often (not aimed at you, but in the race threads).

erikejw

No,its not.

Noone believed Verstappen would be able to hold off Hamilton with the last two superlong(including me) stints on new hard tires.

Perez had to do the same(bare 2 laps) on used mediums and new hards. He also had to punish those used mediums early on to force LH to pit. That won Verstappen the race and his own race was over.
wowgr8 wrote:

Wouter

Max also remained super calm this race, just like his home race in Zandvoort.
There was no pressure at all. That's good to hear here.
Lambiase always remains very calm. A perfect duo.

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

onboard us Q lap of 33

Wouter

Full throttle with Ocean Bottle

Written by Red Bull Racing Honda Published on 28.10.2021

Red Bull Racing Honda is therefore pleased to announce a new partnership with reusable water bottle company Ocean Bottle
to help prevent pollution of our ocean and lower the Team’s environmental impact.
In 2022, Ocean Bottle will supply the Team and its guests with fully recyclable reusable water bottles made from
recycled materials, and that’s not all!
With each unit supplied to the Team, Ocean Bottle will commit to collecting the equivalent of 1,000 plastic bottles.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

ocean's 12 :D

(12 means gap at wdc)

FW17

If they really feel the Merc setup to squat to gain top speed, does Red Bull work late into the season to bring a upgrade to Saudi?
They sure discovered the advantage at Turkey, so 7 weeks to address it mechanical or areodynamicaly, sufficient?

godlameroso

The tires being used for Mexico are very conservative. I would have guessed they'd use the C5 as the soft. The C2 is too hard for the circuit in my opinion, not that it matters at this point. The C3 is just right and C4 is not bad either as a race tire.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

FW17 wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 15:47
If they really feel the Merc setup to squat to gain top speed, does Red Bull work late into the season to bring a upgrade to Saudi?
They sure discovered the advantage at Turkey, so 7 weeks to address it mechanical or areodynamicaly, sufficient?
The two cars work very differently. The RB is setup so that it always has nicely defined flow structures over as wide a speed window as possible. Using Mercedes approach would require all new bodywork suspension and new brake ducts. Mercedes relies more on the brake ducts for their diffuser performance than RBR.

Here you can see a side by side amateur cfd study of the 2019 cars. RBR on the left, Merc on the right. Not totally accurate but I'd say enough to get the gist of the two different aero philosophies.
Saishū kōnā