General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Thank you Honda! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

. Image

Image...Image

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

voice you want to hear

Wouter

From an interview with Yamamoto-san:

“The first thing we focus on anyway is winning the title.” Yamamoto told Formule 1 magazine.

“That has priority. Other than that, we don’t talk about personal moves, although I am considering a few things."

“I personally think it is disappointing that we are withdrawing."

“At the same time, we at Honda Racing understand that Honda as an automaker must commit to becoming carbon neutral."

“That process must be accelerated, hence this decision."

“From Honda’s point of view, the end of this year is the end of the project."

“2022 is a transition period for Red Bull, with people from Honda sticking around to help. The easiest way to explain it is that everyone from the management, like myself and the marketing department will be gone."

“As a brand, Honda will no longer be visibly present.”

“I personally think Honda will return to Formula 1."

“Right now Honda needs to focus on becoming CO2 neutral and accelerate that project, and if it goes well, I think there are definitely people within the company who want to get back into Formula 1.”
Image ... Image

Such a shame that Honda is discontinuing it. :( The collaboration with AlphaTauri and RBR is perfect.
This has been confirmed many times by all concerned.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Setup Round 18 #MexicanGP Race Setup
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

Toyoharu Tanabe
Honda Racing F1

This weekend is another important race for us, being Sergio’s home Grand Prix. The Hermanos Rodriguez circuit sits at 2300 metres above sea level, by far the highest of any venue on the F1 calendar. The altitude means air pressure is much lower and the air is less dense than at sea level, which affects many aspects of the Power Unit and chassis. Specifically the effectiveness of the turbine is less than at low altitude, while the aero efficiency and cooling effect of the air are also reduced. Therefore the PU and chassis require a different set-up to normal with a specific calibration of the PU. We will optimise out settings from past data from actual running during free practice over the weekend. There are now just five races remaining as we go into this triple-header, with Brazil and Qatar following on from Mexico City. The fight for the two championship titles is very close and every race counts, so we cannot afford to make any mistakes and we hope to perform well here this weekend.
Sergio Perez 11
Red Bull Racing Honda

My country has been so supportive of me throughout my career and I always love the chance to race in front of those fans. People are always blown away by the support I receive here in Mexico but they have always backed me, since many years ago, when my career was first starting.
A few words from the drivers .................

https://honda.racing/f1/post/mexican-gp-race-setup
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Thanks to the power of Honda!! =D>
A well deserved podium for Sergio P3, Max P1 and Pierre P4!!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Adrian Newey:
"However, we have been in a situation since 2014 where we were not really able to go for the championship.
If we are honest with ourselves, we have had a very competitive chassis several times between 2014 and now,
but we had not the power unit to supplement it.
This year we have a good engine from Honda, which is doing a great job. It comes at the right time
and that's exciting because it's a bit depressing when you come with a good car and you can't compete for the prizes."
Yamamoto-san is always smiling! 🤗

The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 12:51
Adrian Newey:
"However, we have been in a situation since 2014 where we were not really able to go for the championship.
If we are honest with ourselves, we have had a very competitive chassis several times between 2014 and now,
but we had not the power unit to supplement it.
This year we have a good engine from Honda, which is doing a great job. It comes at the right time
and that's exciting because it's a bit depressing when you come with a good car and you can't compete for the prizes."
Yamamoto-san is always smiling! 🤗

https://i.imgur.com/DukAplR.gif
He has good reason to.

(edit)
OH I hope Honda have a change of plan and stay on
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Nelson Piquet, Max Verstappen and his manager Raymond Vermeulen yesterday in Brasilia
with the Honda powered Williams FW11B , with which Piquet became world champion.

and Max :-)

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

2022 Honda Civic Si & Everything Honda Brought to SEMA

Wouter

F1 2021 Round 19 #BrazilianGP Race Setup Interlagos

Toyoharu Tanabe
Honda Racing F1

We have arrived in Brazil for the Sao Paulo Grand Prix, the last race of the year in the Americas, in good shape off the back of two consecutive wins for Max Verstappen in the United States and Mexico.

This is Ayrton Senna’s home town and therefore this weekend holds special memories for me of my time working with him at the races, especially here in Brazil and also for all of us at Honda, as we enjoyed so much success with Ayrton all those years ago. Interlagos is one of the classic tracks with a long history in Formula 1. At 4.3 kilometres, it is one of the shortest tracks, located in a hilly area so that it has many changes of gradient and features mainly low and medium speed corners. Unstable weather is often a feature of the weekend.

At around 800 metres above sea level, altitude does have an effect on the car-PU package. It is not as extreme as in Mexico, but nevertheless we will be taking our data from the last race into consideration, as we prepare for this weekend. There are now just four races to go, so we hope to keep up the momentum of the last few races, concentrating on doing everything to the very best of our ability with both our teams.
A few words from the drivers : [ ............. ]

https://honda.racing/f1/post/brazilian-gp-race-setup
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Sprint Qualifying F1 2021

Verstappen Extends His Championship Lead And Starts P2 In Brazil Tomorrow

Toyoharu Tanabe
Honda Racing F1

Unfortunately, in today’s Sprint Qualifying all four Honda-powered cars lost places compared to their grid positions and tomorrow we face a long race over 71 laps, with Max, Checo, Pierre and Yuki starting from 2nd, 4th, 7th and 15th respectively. As we saw today, the gaps to our rivals are very small and it was also clear that subtle differences in conditions can have a big impact on car performance levels. We will now study the data from yesterday and today’s 24 laps, as well as considering the weather forecast for tomorrow, with the aim of doing better in the Grand Prix itself.

A few words from the drivers [ ..... ]
https://honda.racing/f1/post/brazil_saturday
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

😢.❤️

The Power of Dreams!

Alakshendra

Somehow today race was really strange, Merc has so much pace over RB that both driver seemed helpless.

Does Merc did some upgrade or is RB using safe mode for engines. If this insane straight line speed continues then better hand over championship to Lewis and Merc.

mstar

Alakshendra wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 21:14
Somehow today race was really strange, Merc has so much pace over RB that both driver seemed helpless.

Does Merc did some upgrade or is RB using safe mode for engines. If this insane straight line speed continues then better hand over championship to Lewis and Merc.
Its not engine power entirely. Its more car aero/drag. Thats whats clouding the issue. On power i dont think Honda are that far behind.