More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
nzjrs

More Moderators Please

Subject says it all.

A number of private discussions among senior members have been about adding more Moderators.

Id like to make that request publicly now.

I'm basically not using this forum anymore. I hope additonal moderation comes.

Just_a_fan

Re: More Moderators Please

+1..
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

cooken

Agreed. Would this be better served with a poll?

Ryar

What is the qualification to be a moderator here? Of course I can't (nobody likes me and I don't qualify), for sure so the question is not in my interest. :lol:

Jokes aside, what exactly are the skillsets for a moderator here? Should they be technically sound, like programmers type who are required to also manage if there are issues around the website or just some kind of motorsport qualification (educated in the area, or experience of some sort)? Or just that one had to spend a lifetime on the forum to then become a honorary member and a moderator.

While we are at this topic, I would like to know how the moderation works here.
- Does the decision taken by one moderator is discussed in a moderators group or every moderator is left on his own to make whatever decision they take? No questions asked.
- If there is a contention on a moderator's decision, where to addresses it?
- Does some kind of appraisal happen for moderators by seeking feedback about their work from people here?
Hakuna Matata!

RZS10

From what i gathered the last three would be answered with
- individual decisions (reports)
- pm to the mods, or if reporting a post where no action was taken report it again hoping someone else gets to look at it, don't recall if mods get locked out of that post once they've decided on it once, might be the case
- not that i'm aware of

and if i had to guess the qualification for being a mod would be a relatively neutral posting history here, obviously no one who is too biased should even be considered for that position
Last edited by RZS10 on 12 Nov 2021, 18:03, edited 2 times in total.

dans79

+1 I agree as well!
197 104 103 7

west52keep64

More moderators, or a tougher action. It seems it doesn't matter how many times the mods deal with the posts, the same users keep doing the same thing again and again.

I've been a long time reader of this site, and I've never seen it this bad.

dans79

west52keep64 wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 22:44
More moderators, or a tougher action. It seems it doesn't matter how many times the mods deal with the posts, the same users keep doing the same thing again and again.

I've been a long time reader of this site, and I've never seen it this bad.

It seems the procedure now is just to edit or remove posts. It seems warnings don't get handed out until you have annoyed a moderator for one reason or another!
197 104 103 7

Big Tea

Can we not open 2 new threads one called 'Mercedes has been faster all season' and one 'RedBull has been faster all season' and INSIST either phrase can only be used in the appropriate thread and nowhere else?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

notsofast

Someone with a 574 rating makes an obviously trolling comment and someone with a 704 rating takes the bait. I don't know how you fix this without giving some of the apparently more valuable members a permanent ban.

Sieper

We need more moderation here. Too many people feel free to troll around. Celebrating their insecurities on Others. It sucks. The life out of this forum.

dans79

notsofast wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 23:28
Someone with a 574 rating makes an obviously trolling comment and someone with a 704 rating takes the bait. I don't know how you fix this without giving some of the apparently more valuable members a permanent ban.
I think the reason why people are responding is because they are also tired of certain individuals getting away with it. People will only turn the other cheek so many times, before they will take matters into their own hands!
197 104 103 7

Ryar

dans79 wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 23:58
notsofast wrote:
I think the reason why people are responding is because they are also tired of certain individuals getting away with it. People will only turn the other cheek so many times, before they will take matters into their own hands!
That doesn't make sense. It's like, anything wrong (in one's own opinion, regardless of others') happening in the world, I am going to be the Avenger. It's that exact reaction from the poeple who decide to take matters in their own hands, is an invitation for others to troll. It's taking the bait, not solving the problem.
Hakuna Matata!

Ryar

RZS10 wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 17:00
From what i gathered the last three would be answered with
- individual decisions (reports)
- pm to the mods, or if reporting a post where no action was taken report it again hoping someone else gets to look at it, don't recall if mods get locked out of that post once they've decided on it once, might be the case
- not that i'm aware of

and if i had to guess the qualification for being a mod would be a relatively neutral posting history here, obviously no one who is too biased should even be considered for that position
Thanks for your thoughts there.
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 15:37
dans79 wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 23:58
notsofast wrote:
That doesn't make sense. It's like, anything wrong (in one's own opinion, regardless of others') happening in the world, I am going to be the Avenger. It's that exact reaction from the poeple who decide to take matters in their own hands, is an invitation for others to troll. It's taking the bait, not solving the problem.
Doesn't really matter does it. When the community no longer feels the police are doing their job properly (and i mean that's in the very broadest sense), things get messy.

Go into any major city where a "bad" neighborhood has an underfunded/inadequate/indifferent, or any other mitigating circumstance police force, and you will find the law is taken into their own hands regularly (on both sides).
197 104 103 7