2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pany
Pany

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Im afraid perez is gonna be useless this and next races. Redbull had to plan an ICE change here for him

Pany
Pany

Im afraid perez is gonna be useless this and next races. Redbull had to plan an ICE change here for him

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

max_speed
max_speed

I hope higher track temp plays in redbull's hand else looks like Merc are going for kill. Bit disappointed in perez he should have passed sainz. First few laps will be crucial. Hope verstappen can clear bottas and can build a decent gap with perez ,things not looking bright but not lossing hope yet.

hasika
hasika

Maybe Perez will be passed by Hamilton in the race.I mean his pace was not there this weekend,Max passed Sainz easily in the next lap after DRS enabled,but Perez just followed Sainz in the whole race.As the Mercedes's race pace was so strong,I really doubt if he can defend Hamilton.

Pany
Pany

Surely not. Need ICE change

JordanMugen

max_speed wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 05:54
I hope higher track temp plays in redbull's hand else looks like Merc are going for kill. Bit disappointed in perez he should have passed sainz. First few laps will be crucial. Hope verstappen can clear bottas and can build a decent gap with perez ,things not looking bright but not lossing hope yet.
It seems it was a tactical mistake to not match the soft tyres of the cars around the Red Bulls, oh well.

Hopefully, the warmer track temperatures on Sundays will restore the quick and planted Red Bulls we like to see! =D>

Juzh

hasika wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 07:31
Maybe Perez will be passed by Hamilton in the race.I mean his pace was not there this weekend,Max passed Sainz easily in the next lap after DRS enabled,but Perez just followed Sainz in the whole race.As the Mercedes's race pace was so strong,I really doubt if he can defend Hamilton.
If perez is stuck behind a car ahead and hamilton catches up to him there's no way he'll be able to defend for long, he will just get eaten up, even with drs.
But actually Hamilton will probably pass him either way at some point, stuck or not.

Mr.S
Mr.S

If Perez goes past Sainz in Lap 1 or 2, he will probably finish ahead. Verstappen had the fastest lap & was as quick as Bottas & Hamilton in the sprint. Perez just got stuck behind Sainz & lost time. Verstappen pulled 8-9 tenths per lap on Sainz after passing him by.

By the time Lewis come to P4 odd from P10, there will be a 8-10s cushion between Perez & Hamilton, Hamilton even @ 3 tenths pace advantage will need 30 laps to catch up. Plus we don't know the different with higher tyre wear & higher temperature (Perez is good @ tyre management) & on full fuel tanks.

What is clear though is if Perez is stuck behind Sainz, he is done. By Lap 6-7 Hamilton will march up & overtake. Once Max was past Sainz, he was able to pull 9 tenths on an average on Sainz. Perez needs to go past Sainz latest by Lap 3 (Hopefully @ the start)

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

If Max is able to get past Bottas at the start it should be an easy race barring any other circumstances. I expect Bottas will be able to, at most, match Max's pace with the increased temps.

max_speed
max_speed

As feared, same thing happened. Things were looking good but that car 44 seems too fast. We need more power. Looks something fishy in that car not sure what ?

Mr.S
Mr.S

It is okay. Saudi & Qatar are power tracks especially Saudi. Max should be happy to come even P3 (I expect Mclaren & Ferrari to push as well). That is 22 points lost & by Abu Dhabi Max will be 7-8 points behind. Don't see him winning in Abu Dhabi.

Max has to win 1 of the remaining 3 races atleast & get P2 in the other 2. In that case he is WDC. How does he do that with the car half a second slower in tracks where straightline speed & engine power is required (The tracks left are not Monaco type tracks !)

tpe
tpe

max_speed wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 20:32
As feared, same thing happened. Things were looking good but that car 44 seems too fast. We need more power. Looks something fishy in that car not sure what ?
How on earth a car becomes THAT fast in just 7 days?

godlameroso

Qatar is NOT a power track it is a downforce track. Qatar is like if Silverstone Barcelona and Motegi had a flat track offspring. Sector 1 is the power sector but could still go Red Bull's way because of the high speed entry necessary to position the car on exit. Sector 2 will likely go Mercedes way because of the power and traction requirements, and sector 3 is all Red Bull because you need a lot of high speed downforce.

If I could describe the overall theme of the circuit in terms of an F1 car, it's to send it. I think RB16B has enough downforce to win on entry and not lose too much on exit, especially considering the speed range of the circuit.
Saishū kōnā

Dee
Dee

godlameroso wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 21:50
Qatar is NOT a power track it is a downforce track. Qatar is like if Silverstone Barcelona and Motegi had a flat track offspring. Sector 1 is the power sector but could still go Red Bull's way because of the high speed entry necessary to position the car on exit. Sector 2 will likely go Mercedes way because of the power and traction requirements, and sector 3 is all Red Bull because you need a lot of high speed downforce.

If I could describe the overall theme of the circuit in terms of an F1 car, it's to send it. I think RB16B has enough downforce to win on entry and not lose too much on exit, especially considering the speed range of the circuit.
Any chance Max can win that looking at Mercedes bonkers speed?