2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dee wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:22
godlameroso wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 21:50
Qatar is NOT a power track it is a downforce track. Qatar is like if Silverstone Barcelona and Motegi had a flat track offspring. Sector 1 is the power sector but could still go Red Bull's way because of the high speed entry necessary to position the car on exit. Sector 2 will likely go Mercedes way because of the power and traction requirements, and sector 3 is all Red Bull because you need a lot of high speed downforce.

If I could describe the overall theme of the circuit in terms of an F1 car, it's to send it. I think RB16B has enough downforce to win on entry and not lose too much on exit, especially considering the speed range of the circuit.
Any chance Max can win that looking at Mercedes bonkers speed?
It's going to be close, we saw what happened in Mexico, so when the downforce counts it puts the Bulls into contention. Then there's the new Abu Dhabi layout which may play into our hands. If Max wins in Qatar that means Mercedes will have to get consecutive 1-2's to seal the driver's.
Saishū kōnā

Dee
Dee

godlameroso wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:27
Dee wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:22
godlameroso wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 21:50
Qatar is NOT a power track it is a downforce track. Qatar is like if Silverstone Barcelona and Motegi had a flat track offspring. Sector 1 is the power sector but could still go Red Bull's way because of the high speed entry necessary to position the car on exit. Sector 2 will likely go Mercedes way because of the power and traction requirements, and sector 3 is all Red Bull because you need a lot of high speed downforce.

If I could describe the overall theme of the circuit in terms of an F1 car, it's to send it. I think RB16B has enough downforce to win on entry and not lose too much on exit, especially considering the speed range of the circuit.
Any chance Max can win that looking at Mercedes bonkers speed?
It's going to be close, we saw what happened in Mexico, so when the downforce counts it puts the Bulls into contention. Then there's the new Abu Dhabi layout which may play into our hands. If Max wins in Qatar that means Mercedes will have to get consecutive 1-2's to seal the driver's.
You have been on the money so far, especially with turn 12 being so important and going Mercedes way. It looks like the car that can come out better in 12 can overtake easily because they can run onto the slipstream so well.

primatives
primatives

Damn how is Lewis able to be so fast? Would it be tactical or beneficial if Red Bull changed their ICE take the penalty and turn it up seeing as there are only a a few races left?

dans79

primatives wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:40
Damn how is Lewis able to be so fast? Would it be tactical or beneficial if Red Bull changed their ICE take the penalty and turn it up seeing as there are only a a few races left?
It depends how high they can turn it up, and how well the chassis can cope with it.
197 104 103 7

zibby43
zibby43

primatives wrote:
After the race, Marko said that they asked Honda, but the the potential advantage gained wouldn’t really put a dent in the deficit they’re claiming to perceive at the moment.

Pany
Pany

I DONT buy that. They need engine change. This is why i told they should have done already to perez at least. AS I predicted, Perez is useless now. Today it would have been better change the whole pu for him. Occasion lost
zibby43 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:53
primatives wrote:
After the race, Marko said that they asked Honda, but the the potential advantage gained wouldn’t really put a dent in the deficit they’re claiming to perceive at the moment.

Pany
Pany

I DONT buy that. They need engine change. This is why i told they should have done already to perez at least. AS I predicted, Perez is useless now. Today it would have been better change the whole pu for him. Occasion lost
zibby43 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:53
primatives wrote:

godlameroso

Red Bull still has a good chance to win, like I said, Qatar is going to be very close, if Max wins in Qatar then Mercedes needs consecutive 1-2's and fastest lap to win.
Saishū kōnā

Jambier

I think with this special engine that Hamilton have he could win the 3 races so… it will be difficult and bring back the Silverstone crash. My fear is that this crash is what will cost the title , losing a title because your opponent push you out is the worst of F1

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Of the remaining 3 races (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Abu Dhabi), which does Red Bull have the best chance of winning?

The Mercedes is looking super dominant like it did in Turkey, though I wonder if the benefit of Hamilton’s new ICE will degrade quickly. If not it will be a huge mountain to overcome to win either championship, I fear.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Sieper

You really can’t get a 30 kmh speed difference from a fresh engine. Set up doesn’t explain it too as they ran quite a big wing.

I saw on the telemetry data Lewis was 339 to Checo 304 and Max similar end of the straight in the attack. Yes with tow and DRS but this has not been witnessed all season long. They are doing something with the Wing, not only the DRS gap being too big which they got caught with.

Toto said it before the weekend “we go all in”.

I hope RBR can find & proof it before it is too late.

TNTHead

Either you should lower drag by a significant amount and/or increase power by quite some. Globally, increasing power is only possible by a higher efficiency or by more energy in the fuel. Hugh leaps in performance may therefore be suspicious, indeed.

godlameroso

Qatar is going to play into RBR's hands from what I can tell, downforce helps a lot because only 2 slow corners, the rest are right in the sweet spot. I think the gap there will be similar to the gap in Zandvoort. It's the front left that takes the biggest pounding. May need to think about asymmetric setup as there's only 4* left hand turns and only 2 of them put any significant load on the front right.
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 00:43
Qatar is going to play into RBR's hands from what I can tell, downforce helps a lot because only 2 slow corners, the rest are right in the sweet spot. I think the gap there will be similar to the gap in Zandvoort. It's the front left that takes the biggest pounding. May need to think about asymmetric setup as there's only 4* left hand turns and only 2 of them put any significant load on the front right.
I would say most corners are medium speed at most, not many high speed corners at all. I guess it comes down to how fast a high speed corner is?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

godlameroso

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 01:17
godlameroso wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 00:43
I would say most corners are medium speed at most, not many high speed corners at all. I guess it comes down to how fast a high speed corner is?
12-15 I would consider proper high speed corners, 12 is 8th-7th gear, 13 is just a lift, and 14 is a 6th or 5th gear corner depending on how much downforce you're carrying. 15 is nearly flat or may be flat in qualifying. None of those corners are easy flat either. The final corner is very much like a mirror version penultimate corner in Austin without the elevation.

Can the Red Bull carry more speed through 1,2 4-5, 7-9,12-16 to make up for the traction deficit?
Saishū kōnā