2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MtthsMlw

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Marty_Y wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 20:27
On the subject of inconsistent penalties and fines, did Charles Leclerc receive the same punishment as Hamilton for his seat belt infringement?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jolyon-pa ... -seatbelt/

Palmer blasts Leclerc for driving without seatbelt
Date published: August 18 2020 - Jamie Woodhouse
No this wasn't investigated but really should have been

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

MtthsMlw wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 21:57
Marty_Y wrote:
On the subject of inconsistent penalties and fines, did Charles Leclerc receive the same punishment as Hamilton for his seat belt infringement?

I know it happened last year and maybe it led to a tightening up of enforcement but this is a good example of how inconsistent they are with punishments.

Hamilton really had the book thrown at him last weekend, I'm glad he managed to battle through it and come out on top.

Jolle
Jolle

Marty_Y wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 23:39
MtthsMlw wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 21:57
Marty_Y wrote:

I know it happened last year and maybe it led to a tightening up of enforcement but this is a good example of how inconsistent they are with punishments.

Hamilton really had the book thrown at him last weekend, I'm glad he managed to battle through it and come out on top.
Hamilton and his belts have a bit of history. He was asked by the late Charley Whiting a couple of years ago (in a quite hilarious driver meeting) not to undo them again. I think it was Grosjean that asked for the clarification.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

ringo

Massi is being tricky here.
Even though the Max video was not on the live stream..
He could have requested a recording be downloaded during the race so that he would be able to investigate.
Alternatively.. if it cannot be downloaded right away.
The incidented should have remained noted, then investigated after the race until the video was made accessible.
And I am sure the broadcaster can share any video at any time in less than a few seconds once requested.
So as dirty as Max drove, the stewards were even dirtier and i think investigations need to be made into their poor conduct.
To note then dismiss without any cause.. Is very unusual. And it was done to prevent any kind of protest later down.
I hope something comes of this because it can repeat itself.
Clearly there is someone behind the scenes artificially rigging the sport to create adverisity for Mercedes at all costs. And its going to ramp up the closer we get to the end.
If Lewis wins in Qatar, expect to see Mario Kart like shenanigans in the last 2 races.
For Sure!!

e30ernest
e30ernest

If the video resurfaces, wouldn't that count as new evidence so they can re-open that case even if it was initially dismissed?

carisi2k

So many people are full of themselves here. Did the move cost Lewis a spot? Did he end up in the barrier and unconscious for a period of time? Did his car receive any damage? If the answer is no and Lewis was still able to go on and win the race then who now is trying to rig the result for their boy Lewis. Lewis now has an advantage with that nice new power unit and so the question will be if he doesn't now go on to win the world championship with this significant advantage then how good is he really.

rickybobbyf1
rickybobbyf1

Why do I feel like Masi’s tone toward the RB pit wall does not sound as sarcastic as I thought at first, after seeing how the RB’s pit wall was granted their wish on that pass…

I know Masi is not a steward, but he has to have some sort of leverage of some sort. I’m just so annoyed it wasn’t even investigated knowing full well they lacked vital info. Dream scenario is a Merc appeal, but I don’t think it will happen, since there was not even an investigation.

ringo

carisi2k wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 04:52
So many people are full of themselves here. Did the move cost Lewis a spot? Did he end up in the barrier and unconscious for a period of time? Did his car receive any damage? If the answer is no and Lewis was still able to go on and win the race then who now is trying to rig the result for their boy Lewis. Lewis now has an advantage with that nice new power unit and so the question will be if he doesn't now go on to win the world championship with this significant advantage then how good is he really.
No it's not enough. Bottas deserves P-2. And those 3 points can be the difference between championship or not.
It would be a lesson to Max in how to drive with respect if he loses the championship by 3.
For Sure!!

dans79

carisi2k wrote:
Rules and laws don't work that way! Just because nothing bad happened doesn't mean someone should be allowed to violate them!
197 104 103 7

Phil

IMO, that ship has sailed. I cant remember any such incident being re-opened. In the end, it will be deemed in favor of the defendant because intent cant be proven. Plausible deniability. He opened the steering to counter oversteer. And the bonus on top: no direct damage resulted from that maneuver.

It is what it is. It also wont net Mercedes any sympathies. Better they move on and focus on winning the last 3 GPs, maybe even with giving Bottas a new ICU, as statistically, he has rarely finished ahead of Max this season and Hamilton needs all the help he can get.

One more Max win and the balance shifts all over to him in any of the next 3 races, assuming he at least finished 2nd behind Hamilton.

In my view; i think it’s all Max’s to lose this yeat and RB/Max have been driving at a too high level with little to no mistakes. Statistically, they are more likely to succeed than Mercedes to suddenly dominate.

JM2C
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Stormblessed
Stormblessed

carisi2k wrote:
Rules are to penalize a violation when it occurs. It shouldn't depend upon the outcome of a particular move as you are suggesting here.

It is like Masi saying we will fix the concrete barrier once somebody gets injured.

erudite450
erudite450

Stormblessed wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 08:00
carisi2k wrote:
Rules are to penalize a violation when it occurs. It shouldn't depend upon the outcome of a particular move as you are suggesting here.

It is like Masi saying we will fix the concrete barrier once somebody gets injured.
My goodness! I couldn't have come up with a better analogy even if I tried! =D> :D

AeroDynamic

All onboard footage from the lap 48 incident

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

carisi2k wrote:
LH nor Mercedes not complained about it in the race. They are calm and collective and brave to take the challenges on track with all odds.

Just think about if it was Max(instead of LH), how the RB will react to it? See the Horner's conversation with FIA, it should be racing indecent. If it is other way around, RB will cry for anything.