More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Ryar

Re: More Moderators Please

dans79 wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 15:56
Go into any major city where a "bad" neighborhood has an underfunded/inadequate/indifferent, or any other mitigating circumstance police force, and you will find the law is taken into their own hands regularly (on both sides).
That's called chaos, not order. Only "designated police force" is enitled for action by design, not the unauthorized civilians, who think "police is not doing enough, so let's take the gun".
If an anti social element comes to your neighborhood and provokes you, you don't take the gun and go after them. You report the matter to police for them to handle. No city and no country has enough security forces, so there can be delay in action or in some cases, inaction, that doesn't call for you to take the gun and go out. In all likelyhood, that is what is intended by those that are provoking.
Last edited by Ryar on 13 Nov 2021, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 16:06
dans79 wrote:
Go into any major city where a "bad" neighborhood has an underfunded/inadequate/indifferent, or any other mitigating circumstance police force, and you will find the law is taken into their own hands regularly (on both sides).
That's called chaos, not order. Only "designated police force" is enitled for action by design, not the unauthorized civilians, who think "police is not doing enough, so let's take the gun".
If an anti social element comes to your neighborhood and provokes you, you don't take the gun and go after them. You report the matter to police for them to handle. No city and no country has enough security forces, so there can be delay in action or in some cases, inaction, that doesn't call for you to take the gun and go out.
And we have seen a forum equivalent of that here on multiple occasions.
197 104 103 7

Ryar

dans79 wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 16:09
Ryar wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 16:06
dans79 wrote:
If an anti social element comes to your neighborhood and provokes you, you don't take the gun and go after them. You report the matter to police for them to handle. No city and no country has enough security forces, so there can be delay in action or in some cases, inaction, that doesn't call for you to take the gun and go out.
And we have seen a forum equivalent of that here on multiple occasions.
Agreed. I am advocating restraint and not falling for bait, which you didn't agree in a post before this.
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 16:10
Agreed. I am advocating restraint and not falling for bait, which you didn't agree in a post before this.

Are you not familiar with the other cheek reference? Its is about restraint and not responding to injury/injustices. However as I said, people will only do that for so long.
Last edited by dans79 on 13 Nov 2021, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

CMSMJ1

I've been here a long time.

The bickering is bloody annoying.

More moderating action if not more moderators is a good call.

Short posting bans would do the trick
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Scorpaguy

I think some of the "issues" can also be attributed to a large "generational gap" and "first language speakers". Regarding age, some words/phraseology can be quite the trigger. As for those with limited/new English skills, things can obviously happen.

More moderators, I think we have plenty and they do a good job. I think we can all do a better job of considering different viewpoints and having thicker skins. I KNOW we can all do a better job of using the "preview" button before posting :D

Wouter

Scorpaguy wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:34
More moderators, I think we have plenty and they do a good job. I think we can all do a better job of considering different viewpoints and having thicker skins. I KNOW we can all do a better job of using the "preview" button before posting :D
Well said! I agree to that.
The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

Do moderators do anything about malicious negging? I asked one moderator and he couldn’t help at all, apparently.

People need to grow up. This stuff is not that serious.. going after someone’s reputation is such a feminine and passive thing to do. Attack the argument or the post, not the poster :lol:

Big Tea

AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 15:22
Do moderators do anything about malicious negging? I asked one moderator and he couldn’t help at all, apparently.

People need to grow up. This stuff is not that serious.. going after someone’s reputation is such a feminine and passive thing to do. Attack the argument or the post, not the poster :lol:
Careful. Things like that can bite you
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AeroDynamic

Big Tea wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 15:34
AeroDynamic wrote:

I forgot, you cannot criticise anyone publicly. Only directly in their feedback page, and anonymously :? Which I could if I knew which members were maliciously sending me comments in my feedback :)

nzjrs

Deafening silence from the mods. Ciao Bella.

SiLo

AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 15:42
Big Tea wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

I forgot, you cannot criticise anyone publicly. Only directly in their feedback page, and anonymously :? Which I could if I knew which members were maliciously sending me comments in my feedback :)
I think it's more calling it feminine that's the issue here. And saying "grow up" really doesn't help things either. That's just an excuse to ignore derogatory or attacking comments that can turn people away from civil discussion and critical thinking. Both of which really help the forum be a great place to enjoy commentary and conversation about F1.

Are there some that get offended a bit too easily? Maybe, but being offended is subjective and entirely personal.

I see a lot of posts where people are just effectively insulting each other, and just ignore what the other person is trying to say. It's very easy to get sucked into these arguments when you believe something different and what they are saying contradicts your beliefs. Changing someone's beliefs are very difficult, as beliefs generally are grounded in experiences. At the moment my only play for a lot of it is to not get involved. But I can't help responding to certain people... :roll:
Felipe Baby!

AeroDynamic

SiLo wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:38
AeroDynamic wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

I think it's more calling it feminine that's the issue here. And saying "grow up" really doesn't help things either. That's just an excuse to ignore derogatory or attacking comments that can turn people away from civil discussion and critical thinking. Both of which really help the forum be a great place to enjoy commentary and conversation about F1.

Are there some that get offended a bit too easily? Maybe, but being offended is subjective and entirely personal.

I see a lot of posts where people are just effectively insulting each other, and just ignore what the other person is trying to say. It's very easy to get sucked into these arguments when you believe something different and what they are saying contradicts your beliefs. Changing someone's beliefs are very difficult, as beliefs generally are grounded in experiences. At the moment my only play for a lot of it is to not get involved. But I can't help responding to certain people... :roll:
The grow up and feminine thing is directed at people taking time to find post of someone they have a personal problem with, and neg them childishly. Over using emojis? :) It wasn’t directed at people in here addressing the issues you’re talking about.

And it is feminine to go after another’s reputation. Its not what I’m calling it, It’s been studied by the psychologists-about the traits and manifestations of aggression-it’s what the data says. And I love data. :lol:

notsofast

SiLo wrote:
...But I can't help responding to certain people...
Don't feed the trolls.
Don't feed the trolls.
Don't feed the trolls.

That's all it takes to stop the nonsense.

SiLo

AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:47
SiLo wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

The grow up and feminine thing is directed at people taking time to find post of someone they have a personal problem with, and neg them childishly. Over using emojis? :) It wasn’t directed at people in here addressing the issues you’re talking about.

And it is feminine to go after another’s reputation. Its not what I’m calling it, It’s been studied by the psychologists-about the traits and manifestations of aggression-it’s what the data says. And I love data. :lol:
Maybe it would have helped to clarify that first, rather than after the fact. Can you share the data please it sounds pretty interesting.
Felipe Baby!