2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Revs84
Revs84

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I'm sure you would have all caught up with the bendy mainplane saga by now.

If what is being said is true and the FIA do not take immediate action, I hope Red Bull show up with a wing that has a mainplane that flexes at least 5cm once under load. That surely will catch their attention wouldn't it?

Sieper

And then Mercedes turns up with a solid one for that particular race and you get thrown out.

No, it has to be made sure we are all on the same playing field. No 30kmh shenanigans anymore. Not for any team or driver.

Revs84
Revs84

That would make the entire year illegal for Mercedes wouldn't it, albeit with no way of going back to prove it.

Worst case scenario, if Mercedes use it in quali, change it under parc ferme for Perez (sorry Checo) only. Sure, start from the back, but drag both the Mercedes down with you :)

f1jcw
f1jcw

Revs84 wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 23:37
I'm sure you would have all caught up with the bendy mainplane saga by now.

If what is being said is true and the FIA do not take immediate action, I hope Red Bull show up with a wing that has a mainplane that flexes at least 5cm once under load. That surely will catch their attention wouldn't it?
Becareful what you ask for as it doesn't seem Redbull is seeming exactly innocent in wing department.

Revs84
Revs84

Surely if Red Bull had something to hide, they wouldn't put rear wings under the spotlight?

My biggest wonder is not that, but if what is being said is true and Mercedes are indeed cheating in plain sight, imagine what they could be doing under the hood...

zibby43
zibby43

Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 00:36
Surely if Red Bull had something to hide, they wouldn't put rear wings under the spotlight?
That’s actually exactly what I would do. Deflect suspicion away from my team and heap it upon the competitor.

That being said, I don’t think either team is doing untoward.

Red Bull have to do what they feel like is their due diligence. Wouldn’t expect anything less.
Last edited by zibby43 on 20 Nov 2021, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Revs84 wrote:

My biggest wonder is not that, but if what is being said is true and Mercedes are indeed cheating in plain sight, imagine what they could be doing under the hood...
and why does that same explanation not work for Mercedes, what if Redbull are cheating in plain sight, imagine what they could be doing under the hood.

Big Tea

f1jcw wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 00:50
Revs84 wrote:

and why does that same explanation not work for Mercedes, what if Redbull are cheating in plain sight, imagine what they could be doing under the hood.
Don't know about you guys, but I want Red Bull and Merc, and everyone else to be digging into these grey fringes, its what I love about it.
Not to the extent of being blatantly cheating or against the rule, but any rule should be bent until it almost breaks, that's why they are there.
Stretch a tolerance or read a word in another context, claim a slot is not a hole and make the others catch you is the game. It always has been.

They all Should be doing it even if they are not.
I also think the teams enjoy it, despite the 'gloves off' talk. That is frustration and 'playing to the camera' and sponsors love it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Gillian wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:28
politburo wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:16
Gillian wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 21:59

Thank you, I was wondering what happened between FP1 and FP2. Verstappen did not look comfortable in FP2 at all, understeering like you said. FP1 looked pretty good. Overtaking will be difficult and a bit risky so I feel like the race will be decided with strategy again. Might be better to go with the setup of FP1.
Even if the FP2 setup gives an extra 4-5 km/hr on the straight it is worth it. The DRS could powerful once more, 20+ km/hr overspeed I saw on Sainz onboard, 311 km/hr w/ drs vs 290 km/hr w/out drs. You would rather have more top speed in the race. As we see in races, the cars go through corners slower, and it is mostly corner exits that matter more than mid-corner speed especially for a track with many medium speed corners.
You could be right but I'm not so sure yet. There's only a single DRS zone, not two like in the last race. Faster in the twisty bits can get you out of DRS zone. Not to mention it's better on the tires. We'll see what RB and Mercedes will do in FP3.
I believe they will switch back to Max's FP1 spec on both cars. They tested different configuration in FP2 in order to confirm with Max and didn't even bother to do that many laps, not even a long run. Probably even to confuse Mercs. That car was on rails in FP1, no way they gonna ignore that. Let's see today.
And btw, the DRS is more effective when applied with the higher df wing. The speed delta is larger. That's why you see Mercs using the max df wing and why RB trying to contest it.

etusch

Revs84 wrote:

Ferrari had said that there is double standart, about questioning of the mercedes' air intake plenum . But it was as if someone pulled their ear and they fell silent. In fact, Leclerc's last statement seemed to support Mercedes.
Fia's conclusion on the Ferrari fuel flow limit thing is very encouraging for those who want to do the same. No point deletion or anything. They just fell behind the next year. doing same trick is much easier for a team like Mercedes that has a lot of support in fia. It's just that the inspectors need to close their eyes to a couple of little things. Is it anything but naive to expect guys who can't find anything in Ferrari to find something in Mercedes?
Yesterday I saw a news headline saying that the Mercedes wing passed the tests.
Let's think about what Mercedes, which used the das system last year, said about the first presentation of this system to the Fia. Fia had guided that this would not be legal for the first version of the system, but it would happen if you did it like this. Now, let's re-evaluate the Mercedes' flexible wing event by thinking about it. All teams are trying to build a flexible wing that is strong enough to pass the tests. But what if Mercedes flexed in an area where testing had never been done.
Toto said that there were 2 screws hadn't tightened at their brasil rear wing, he blamed Verstappen for braking their wing first. I expect everything from these guys. They say they didn't gain from this 1mm bigger opening, but isn't F1 a place where very little things can get you ahead by a tenth of a second? The more opened right side may have provided both speed and turning advantage in the Brazilian straight, which was entered by turning to the left.
Likewise, it is necessary to investigate the electricity usage of these men and whether they exceed 160 kW of power. But who will do this? Everyone should be able to see the test, how they applied and results of the test so that we can understand that it has been honestly examined.
I am pretty sure that if a competent group of engineers test mercedes except fia, mercedes will fail more than one area, on the chassis side and on the pu side.

zibby43
zibby43

etusch wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:10
They say they didn't gain from this 1mm bigger opening, but isn't F1 a place where very little things can get you ahead by a tenth of a second?
If you believe that to be true, explain Hamilton having even stronger pace in the sprint race and actual race with a different wing that passed all tests.

_cerber1

etusch wrote:
Toto said that there were 2 screws hadn't tightened at their brasil rear wing, he blamed Verstappen for braking their wing first. I expect everything from these guys. They say they didn't gain from this 1mm bigger opening, but isn't F1 a place where very little things can get you ahead by a tenth of a second? The more opened right side may have provided both speed and turning advantage in the Brazilian straight, which was entered by turning to the left.
Mark Hughes and Giorgio Piola: If the DRS is worth around 0.5s of lap time at 85mm, then at 85.2 (even if the 0.2mm was uniform across the width, which it wasn’t) it would theoretically be worth 0.501s, i.e. an extra 0.001s over a full legal lap.

Monstrous advantage #-o

etusch

_cerber1 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:37
etusch wrote:
Mark Hughes and Giorgio Piola: If the DRS is worth around 0.5s of lap time at 85mm, then at 85.2 (even if the 0.2mm was uniform across the width, which it wasn’t) it would theoretically be worth 0.501s, i.e. an extra 0.001s over a full legal lap.

Monstrous advantage #-o
First of all these guys are just talkers. Difference between them with us is they are making money with their comments. Second, if their claim is true then their conclusion is false because that 0.001 can give you pole

etusch

zibby43 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:24
etusch wrote:
They say they didn't gain from this 1mm bigger opening, but isn't F1 a place where very little things can get you ahead by a tenth of a second?
If you believe that to be true, explain Hamilton having even stronger pace in the sprint race and actual race with a different wing that passed all tests.
It looks like sticking a small part of my comment is only way to comment like you did for you. keep going.

_cerber1

etusch wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:49
First of all these guys are just talkers. Difference between them with us is they are making money with their comments. Second, if their claim is true then their conclusion is false because that 0.001 can give you pole
If choose between the opinion of F1 technical experts and you, I will take their side, they have the appropriate education and experience, you argue your opinion only with emotions.
0.001 is too little to build a system, a fair gust of wind or the fact that the pilot went to the toilet before the race will give you a greater advantage.