2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
siskue2005

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

etusch wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:10

Toto... he blamed Verstappen for braking their wing first. I expect everything from these guys.
Sorry, I might have missed it.. could you please provide link or source or quotes from Toto or Mercedes where they say Max broke their wing?
Thank you

siskue2005

etusch wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:49
_cerber1 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 09:37
etusch wrote:
Toto said that there were 2 screws hadn't tightened at their brasil rear wing, he blamed Verstappen for braking their wing first. I expect everything from these guys. They say they didn't gain from this 1mm bigger opening, but isn't F1 a place where very little things can get you ahead by a tenth of a second? The more opened right side may have provided both speed and turning advantage in the Brazilian straight, which was entered by turning to the left.
Mark Hughes and Giorgio Piola: If the DRS is worth around 0.5s of lap time at 85mm, then at 85.2 (even if the 0.2mm was uniform across the width, which it wasn’t) it would theoretically be worth 0.501s, i.e. an extra 0.001s over a full legal lap.

Monstrous advantage #-o
First of all these guys are just talkers. Difference between them with us is they are making money with their comments. Second, if their claim is true then their conclusion is false because that 0.001 can give you pole
It can give pole in a tight qualy
But in Brazil Lewis was already 0.4 sec faster than p2

adrianjordan

etusch wrote:
Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 00:36
Surely if Red Bull had something to hide, they wouldn't put rear wings under the spotlight?

My biggest wonder is not that, but if what is being said is true and Mercedes are indeed cheating in plain sight, imagine what they could be doing under the hood...
Ferrari had said that there is double standart, about questioning of the mercedes' air intake plenum . But it was as if someone pulled their ear and they fell silent. In fact, Leclerc's last statement seemed to support Mercedes.
Fia's conclusion on the Ferrari fuel flow limit thing is very encouraging for those who want to do the same. No point deletion or anything. They just fell behind the next year. doing same trick is much easier for a team like Mercedes that has a lot of support in fia. It's just that the inspectors need to close their eyes to a couple of little things. Is it anything but naive to expect guys who can't find anything in Ferrari to find something in Mercedes?
Yesterday I saw a news headline saying that the Mercedes wing passed the tests.
Let's think about what Mercedes, which used the das system last year, said about the first presentation of this system to the Fia. Fia had guided that this would not be legal for the first version of the system, but it would happen if you did it like this. Now, let's re-evaluate the Mercedes' flexible wing event by thinking about it. All teams are trying to build a flexible wing that is strong enough to pass the tests. But what if Mercedes flexed in an area where testing had never been done.
Toto said that there were 2 screws hadn't tightened at their brasil rear wing, he blamed Verstappen for braking their wing first. I expect everything from these guys. They say they didn't gain from this 1mm bigger opening, but isn't F1 a place where very little things can get you ahead by a tenth of a second? The more opened right side may have provided both speed and turning advantage in the Brazilian straight, which was entered by turning to the left.
Likewise, it is necessary to investigate the electricity usage of these men and whether they exceed 160 kW of power. But who will do this? Everyone should be able to see the test, how they applied and results of the test so that we can understand that it has been honestly examined.
I am pretty sure that if a competent group of engineers test mercedes except fia, mercedes will fail more than one area, on the chassis side and on the pu side.
And exactly the same could be said about Red Bull or indeed any team on the calendar.

I love (hate) how fans of Red Bull claim the FIA favours Mercedes and vice versa. Mind you there is the old political adage that if both side hate you, you must be doing something right.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

siskue2005 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:14
etusch wrote:

Toto... he blamed Verstappen for braking their wing first. I expect everything from these guys.
Sorry, I might have missed it.. could you please provide link or source or quotes from Toto or Mercedes where they say Max broke their wing?
Thank you
He can't, because they didn't. Red Bull fans claim Toto said that, but he didn't actually say it.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Revs84
Revs84

If I recall well, they never really said Max broke the wing. It was mainly Marko who said that Mercedes said so.

However, Mercedes DID say, after their arguments to the stewards, that they cannot exclude he didn't break it.

I'll try to dig the links for both.

siskue2005

Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:57
If I recall well, they never really said Max broke the wing. It was mainly Marko who said that Mercedes said so.

However, Mercedes DID say, after their arguments to the stewards, that they cannot exclude he didn't break it.

I'll try to dig the links for both.
Marko has said many things including Lewis told him to replace Gasly with Albon and he listened to him :wtf:

Merc never said anything that sort. If u could provide links will be good, otherwise nothing that sorts happened

etusch

_cerber1 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:42
etusch wrote:
First of all these guys are just talkers. Difference between them with us is they are making money with their comments. Second, if their claim is true then their conclusion is false because that 0.001 can give you pole
If choose between the opinion of F1 technical experts and you, I will take their side, they have the appropriate education and experience, you argue your opinion only with emotions.
0.001 is too little to build a system, a fair gust of wind or the fact that the pilot went to the toilet before the race will give you a greater advantage.
I see so much expert just talk around the things and never touch center point Iike football player that only pass backward or side then has very good correct pass statistic. I don't think they have brave to talk about like me because of their jobs. If I were there I also would speak more cautiously but I am sure I could say that if a car flies while other one not fia should investigate it and declare results as open as everybody feel it is ok.
And I don't think they are expert.

etusch

adrianjordan wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:16
siskue2005 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:14
etusch wrote:

Thank you
He can't, because they didn't. Red Bull fans claim Toto said that, but he didn't actually say it.
Not redbull fans but Marko said and I think he heard what liar Toto or his team said because he is inside the things. Everyone choose to believe Marko instead of Toto in these conditions.

etusch

adrianjordan wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:16

And exactly the same could be said about Red Bull or indeed any team on the calendar.

I love (hate) how fans of Red Bull claim the FIA favours Mercedes and vice versa. Mind you there is the old political adage that if both side hate you, you must be doing something right.
It is obvious and if you trust fia so much that is your problem. If Alsonso weren't there maybe my claims would be just a feeling. But Alonso also talks about these. By the way if it were only my feelings, that doen't make them wrong.
I don't understand how westerners trust their states and institutions so much. I guess most of them don't read history

etusch

siskue2005 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:15
etusch wrote:
_cerber1 wrote:

Mark Hughes and Giorgio Piola: If the DRS is worth around 0.5s of lap time at 85mm, then at 85.2 (even if the 0.2mm was uniform across the width, which it wasn’t) it would theoretically be worth 0.501s, i.e. an extra 0.001s over a full legal lap.

Monstrous advantage #-o
It can give pole in a tight qualy
But in Brazil Lewis was already 0.4 sec faster than p2
Yes I just said Ham get pole with 0.001 and you tell me the lesson. =D> =D> =D>

etusch

Jos (Verstappen ) said that they were particularly bothered by Mercedes' steering wheel forward and backward, and that it was not a wear-related issue as Mercedes claimed.

"I'm really curious what they're doing at Mercedes," Jos told De Telegraaf.

"I think the FIA ​​should look at the [steering wheel] just like the rear wing. Steering is there to turn left and right. Why would a steering wheel move forward and backward? It's not about wear and tear as Mercedes claims. . I can not believe this."

"You're not officially allowed to do such a thing. When you look at the footage, you can see that something is wrong and weird."

"In Brazil, Hamilton is holding something in his hand by his trainer, and Lewis [takes it] immediately gets back in the car and goes into the cockpit. That seems weird to me. Max didn't have a chance there. It sounds like they're doing something."
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/jos-v ... r/6801482/

NathanOlder

_cerber1 wrote:
etusch wrote:

Monstrous advantage #-o

Exactly, just think also

If the 0.2mm was worth even 0.100 in lap time, it would mean DRS (85mm) is probably worth about 42 seconds a lap
!!! :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

politburo
politburo

Since the Summer break it has been like this in Qualy.

Spa (Wet), Merc +0.334 down on RedBull
Zandvoort, Merc +0.038 down on RedBull
Monza, Merc +0.411 up on RedBull
Sochi (Wet), Mixed track cond, Merc +0.705 up on RedBull
Istanbul, Merc +0.328 up on RedBull
COTA, Merc +0.209 down on RedBull
Mexico, Merc +0.350 up on RedBull
Brazil, Merc +0.438 up on RedBull
Qatar (FP3), Merc +0.341 up on RedBull
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

They should stop this s*** wing flapping.
It could be not that difficult. FIA should do something. That Car is not running with regulated max DRS gap.
Red Bull just doesnt want to fix it and avoid additional weight where it is not desired.

Viper2789
Viper2789

Where is @Godlameroso with his predictions?