2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 14:29
They should stop this s*** wing flapping.
It could be not that difficult. FIA should do something. That Car is not running with regulated max DRS gap.
Red Bull just doesnt want to fix it and avoid additional weight where it is not desired.
What so mad? If the gap is too much mercedes will protest surely. Maybe maximum opening is when DRS is flapping and when it's not doing that it's less than 85 mm (which is the most allowed).

adrianjordan

etusch wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 13:04
adrianjordan wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:16

And exactly the same could be said about Red Bull or indeed any team on the calendar.

I love (hate) how fans of Red Bull claim the FIA favours Mercedes and vice versa. Mind you there is the old political adage that if both side hate you, you must be doing something right.
It is obvious and if you trust fia so much that is your problem. If Alsonso weren't there maybe my claims would be just a feeling. But Alonso also talks about these. By the way if it were only my feelings, that doen't make them wrong.
I don't understand how westerners trust their states and institutions so much. I guess most of them don't read history
Well I'm neither a fan of Red Bull nor Mercedes, so I'm able to see, in fact, they have been pretty even handed this year. Yes, they've made some mistakes, such as in Brazil, but they have not favoured one team or the other.

As a McLaren fan I remember years when they were accused of favouring Ferrari, but never really saw it either. (Aside from a certain vindictive ruling that was more Max Mosley than the FIA)
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

politburo

Juzh wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 14:38
Magicsenna_41 wrote:
It could be not that difficult. FIA should do something. That Car is not running with regulated max DRS gap.
Red Bull just doesnt want to fix it and avoid additional weight where it is not desired.
What so mad? If the gap is too much mercedes will protest surely. Maybe maximum opening is when DRS is flapping and when it's not doing that it's less than 85 mm (which is the most allowed).
They're a well known Hamilton fan just for context as to why they may be mad, which is strange given how far ahead Merc is this weekend, Hamilton is safe and sound at the front. Perhaps they want FIA to DSQ Verstappen?, that way Hamilton can have a larger chance of flipping the WDC lead?.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

selvam_e2002

politburo wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 14:49
Juzh wrote:
Magicsenna_41 wrote:
They're a well known Hamilton fan just for context as to why they may be mad, which is strange given how far ahead Merc is this weekend, Hamilton is safe and sound at the front. Perhaps they want FIA to DSQ Verstappen?, that way Hamilton can have a larger chance of flipping the WDC lead?.
rule says no flex it should be ridged when opening. It is as simple as that. Every one can see from live telecast. It does not matter who it is. Please don't bring RB and Mercedes politics here.

politburo

selvam_e2002 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 15:07
politburo wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 14:49
Juzh wrote:

rule says no flex it should be ridged when opening. It is as simple as that. Every one can see from live telecast. It does not matter who it is. Please don't bring RB and Mercedes politics here.
I never said it's not against any rules, I simply commented on why they are so mad. Simple as that.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

PlatinumZealot

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
Their actuator design is very unique. It is more like an aero-plane flap mechanism.

It has a collapsible double joint. Think of a quadrilateral shape.. and one corner moves inwards to collapse the shape.

The other teams use a simpler, single pivot point.

I think RedBull wants a "Flatter" DRS mechasim why they do this. Also I think the fluttering is also deliberate. Some fish use this effect to get forward thrust when they are swimming upstream.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Revs84

siskue2005 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 12:18
Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:57
If I recall well, they never really said Max broke the wing. It was mainly Marko who said that Mercedes said so.

However, Mercedes DID say, after their arguments to the stewards, that they cannot exclude he didn't break it.

I'll try to dig the links for both.
Marko has said many things including Lewis told him to replace Gasly with Albon and he listened to him :wtf:

Merc never said anything that sort. If u could provide links will be good, otherwise nothing that sorts happened
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 3fBB3.html

"Meanwhile, Verstappen was handed a €50,000 fine for touching and examining Hamilton's rear wing in Parc Ferme on Friday with the stewards giving a lengthy reasoning for the fine. However, they said in that statement issued after FP2 on Saturday: "no direct harm was caused in this case."

They added that "it was unlikely that Verstappen’s actions caused the fault, however [Mercedes] felt that it was an open question."

And link re. Marko;

https://racingnews365.com/marko-mercede ... ltons-wing

Magicsenna_41

Juzh wrote:
Magicsenna_41 wrote:
What makes you sure about this? The gap is maybe more in track. F1 engineers are clever guys. There is a reason why they could not fix this issue since 3 races.

Revs84

Let's not forget that the teams are operating under a strict budget, and given how many upgrades Red Bull brought and the amount of crash damage they incurred, I wouldn't be surprised if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with quick fixes rather than more expensive proper ones.

Magicsenna_41

Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 15:28
siskue2005 wrote:
Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 11:57
If I recall well, they never really said Max broke the wing. It was mainly Marko who said that Mercedes said so.

However, Mercedes DID say, after their arguments to the stewards, that they cannot exclude he didn't break it.

I'll try to dig the links for both.
Marko has said many things including Lewis told him to replace Gasly with Albon and he listened to him :wtf:

Merc never said anything that sort. If u could provide links will be good, otherwise nothing that sorts happened

"Meanwhile, Verstappen was handed a €50,000 fine for touching and examining Hamilton's rear wing in Parc Ferme on Friday with the stewards giving a lengthy reasoning for the fine. However, they said in that statement issued after FP2 on Saturday: "no direct harm was caused in this case."

They added that "it was unlikely that Verstappen’s actions caused the fault, however [Mercedes] felt that it was an open question."

And link re. Marko;

They never claimed this, they said its unlikely that was a result of Maxes contact but because he touches the area of an evidence the FIA has to look into it.

Magicsenna_41

Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 15:40
Let's not forget that the teams are operating under a strict budget, and given how many upgrades Red Bull brought and the amount of crash damage they incurred, I wouldn't be surprised if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with quick fixes rather than more expensive proper ones.
Agree but its since 3 races. They can go easily onto previous DRS actuator spec...
Weight is maybe another topic but not valid or an excuse.

Revs84

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 15:41
Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 15:28
siskue2005 wrote:

And link re. Marko;

They never claimed this, they said its unlikely that was a result of Maxes contact but because he touches the area of an evidence the FIA has to look into it.

That's exactly what I've been saying. They didn't claim it, but they didn't exclude it either.

Gillian

Ouch Perez...

Sieper

Perez, and Max again on his own.

Pany

As i said, perez can not help. They had to replace engine to him, with hope to get better results