2021 Qatar Grand Prix - Losail, Nov 19-21

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
El Scorchio

Re: 2021 Qatar Grand Prix - Losail, Nov 19-21

Incognito wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:21
GrizzleBoy wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:20
Incognito wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:17
I did really like what Verstappen said at the very end though. "Racing isn't very complicated. It has a brake pedal, a throttle pedal and a steering wheel. Everything else is just a show."
Well there's oh, just a liiiiiittle bit of politics and money involved too.
Ha! :D Very true!
And the rules :D

Sieper

ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:19
I think the penalties were okay. The Toror Rosso stepped aside for Max too. But the pace of the redbull even with Perez made it inevitable for those cars to podium. Perez moved up really nicely and Max moved up very easily.

I was very suspicious of the vritual safety car at the end. Hamilton's race engineer need to stop letting the cat out of the bag. I just new they were going to do something to prevent him from getting that fastest lap point.

But had Bottas pit earlier, Mercedes would have been able to neutralize it going to Max.

Anyhow it was a good race. Cars are still about equal. The gap held at around 8 seconds throughout and redbull race pace was mighty as expected. The next two races will be even more thrilling.
Bottas needs to perform! he cannot keep losing places in the first lap like usual.
Perez is doing a great job as wing man at redbull.
Fastest lap was impossible. Max had a mega gap behind and could always pit for reds. The only way Lewis would have gotten it was with a SC or VSC at a good time. And Max still had it before the VSC came too.

Great, great race by Max, super start and kept up with Lewis. I was expecting at least an 11 point gain but it was almost halve that.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Horner obviously told to go straight from the stewards room and apologise on SkyF1

ringo

Sieper wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:27
ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:19
I think the penalties were okay. The Toror Rosso stepped aside for Max too. But the pace of the redbull even with Perez made it inevitable for those cars to podium. Perez moved up really nicely and Max moved up very easily.

I was very suspicious of the vritual safety car at the end. Hamilton's race engineer need to stop letting the cat out of the bag. I just new they were going to do something to prevent him from getting that fastest lap point.

But had Bottas pit earlier, Mercedes would have been able to neutralize it going to Max.

Anyhow it was a good race. Cars are still about equal. The gap held at around 8 seconds throughout and redbull race pace was mighty as expected. The next two races will be even more thrilling.
Bottas needs to perform! he cannot keep losing places in the first lap like usual.
Perez is doing a great job as wing man at redbull.
Fastest lap was impossible. Max had a mega gap behind and could always pit for reds. The only way Lewis would have gotten it was with a SC or VSC at a good time. And Max still had it before the VSC came too.

Great, great race by Max, super start and kept up with Lewis. I was expecting at least an 11 point gain but it was almost halve that.
He was always going to finish in P-2. Bottas is just weak. Only if they switched wingmen would Max come P-3.
For Sure!!

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

Horner literally blamed a “rogue marshal”

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Sorry was it a worker at fault or the complete system? You seem to be flip flopping here. But ironic you are saying a rogue employee could cost lives in a situation when not following instructions can and has cost lives
Last edited by littlebigcat on 21 Nov 2021, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

The marshals was following procedure though so he hadn’t “gone rogue”

Chene_Mostert

yes, system failure, marshall did not follow work instruction. why was drs enabled? why lights not on? who failed to do their job and why?
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

NathanOlder

Chene_Mostert wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:15
Tvetovnato wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:10
And Horner to the stewards office… I’m not sure you can get any more embarassing than that man.
The youngest ever F1 team manager to win a WC and multiple WC's, Head of a top team, ex racer himself, fighting dodgy decisions on behalf of the team he is leading, as a leader should do, yes as per your expert judgment embarrassing! ("R" X2)
He looked red faced and embarrassed, especially when ted mentioned about comments from his team. Clearly embarrassed. Still, their driver leads the championship, just imagine how embarrassing it will be if they somehow manage to throw away that title, even with the stewards backing them wayore often than not.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

If you read the rules that many of us had posted yesterday, you would see that the individual marshals are the ones with power to decide when flags should be shown not the race director. The race director's job is to deal with red flags, and communicating information to the other marshals regarding flags in adjacent track sections.
197 104 103 7

Chene_Mostert

then why was their inconsistency between electronic and manual system?
There can only be 5 reasons for system failure.
1 WI not followed
2 WI not understood
3 WI not effective
4 Person don't want to follow WI (discipline)
5 Person not trained to be competent in following WI
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Chene_Mostert wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:32
exactly, if a "worker" does not follow a work instruction or procedure, they are considered "rogue",rogue employees can cost lives.

You: Only the system was blamed.

Fact: Christian literally blamed a "rogue marshal"

You: Exactly, that marshal was a rogue!

So to conclude, you think Christian Horner didn't blame any individual, but also agree with Christian he was right to blame the "rogue" marshal?

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

NathanOlder

Chene_Mostert wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:39
Starkblood80 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:34
Chene_Mostert wrote:

exactly, if a "worker" does not follow a work instruction or procedure, they are considered "rogue",rogue employees can cost lives.
clearly you have never been in a leadership position.
The marshals was following procedure though so he hadn’t “gone rogue”
then why was their inconsistency between electronic and manual system?
There can only be 5 reasons for system failure.
1 WI not followed
2 WI not understood
3 WI not effective
4 Person don't want to follow WI (discipline)
5 Person not trained to be competent in following WI
Well someone yesterday, Vettel I believe it was, your idol, said they cleared the track (electronic system) just as Max was coming through.
The marshals did their job properly, there was a car stopping on the race track.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

Chene_Mostert wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:40
dans79 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 18:37
Chene_Mostert wrote:

clearly you have never been in a leadership position.
If you read the rules that many of us had posted yesterday, you would see that the individual marshals are the ones with power to decide when flags should be shown not the race director. The race director's job is to deal with red flags, and communicating information to the other marshals regarding flags in adjacent track sections.
agree, but why was there inconsistency in the system? who failed? why?
Whoever ran the electronic system is the one that failed. They gave the all clear when it was blatantly obvious that the track wasn't.
197 104 103 7