2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Aesop wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:32
siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:17
ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:06
What happens if Max wins the next round?
That will almost guarantee him the championship
That won't happen, such is the paceadvantage of the Mercs. It's Hamiltons title to lose now. Somehow Mercedes have found another gear, be it the engine, the rearwing or some unknown and secret upgrade. (Secret since they were supposed to have stopped development on the W12 almost 6 months ago...)
I can't see Verstappen turn this around one more time without some incident on track.
Rope-a-dope. Merc have actually played this pretty well and should be commended. I don’t think Rb/Honda can respond in any meaningful way hence the increased noise. Where it matters, Merc appear to have gotten it right out-manoeuvring & playing the long game.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

aleks_ader

I must add that ICE move with penalties was stroke of genius. Its was apparently low hanging fruit. Bottleneck that got solved brilliantly. Nice lateral thinking. Also any device (or setup tweak) introduced so late in championship is huge advantage. Because its very unlikely for other team actually find resources and truly respond to that. Also it makes FIA job very ungrateful. So any late technical directives are very unlikely. Or those changes takes huge effort from coopetitors and steals theirs valuable productive time.

Seems Merc nailed out park whole power unit saga. Smoke and mirrors if u ask me. It works so good that RB PR (also Newey, Paul) team goes all frenzy. They did same in 2018 with Ferrari and 2019 with Red Bull. At end of season they introduced seemingly magic bullet to secure couple of wins. Or they started hiding their performance to make false sense of true scope of theirs capabilities. Practically Merc are doing same things whole hybrid era.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Jambier

aleks_ader wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:34
I must add that ICE move with penalties was stroke of genius. Its was apparently low hanging fruit. Bottleneck that got solved brilliantly. Nice lateral thinking. Also any device (or setup tweak) introduced so late in championship is huge advantage. Because its very unlikely for other team actually find resources and truly respond to that. Also it makes FIA job very ungrateful. So any late technical directives are very unlikely. Or those changes takes huge effort from coopetitors and steals theirs valuable productive time.

Seems Merc nailed out park whole power unit saga. Smoke and mirrors if u ask me. It works so good that RB PR (also Newey, Paul) team goes all frenzy. They did same in 2018 with Ferrari and 2019 with Red Bull. At end of season they introduced seemingly magic bullet to secure couple of wins. Or they started hiding their performance to make false sense of true scope of theirs capabilities. Practically Merc are doing same things whole hybrid era.
I agree, RB was the outsider all the year in truth, and now Mercedes is finishing the job dominating entirely and with large pace advantage will win both titles.

Hopefully for the last year... F1 will die of this ultra long domination

siskue2005

Dont count the chickens until its hatched
Its not over until the fat lady sings

siskue2005

Jambier wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:39

I agree, RB was the outsider all the year in truth, and now Mercedes is finishing the job dominating entirely and with large pace advantage will win both titles.

Funny really, since the hybrid era, except for 2015, 2019, 2020 were boring seasons, rest we had very good battles until the last race for the championship.
Maybe the one u wanted didn't win that doesn't mean F1 is going to die

This season I have heard everyone wanting someone different as the champion, including Massa and other f1 drivers...but ultimately this is a Motor sports and a team sports, hence the best team and driver should always win.

AeroDynamic

Where is that coming from that FIA cleared the cars? I know they tested them but I thought it was reported that the test wasn’t clear the cars, it was to ‘test’ the new test which they might bring in Jeddah or next season?

mstar

siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:46
He is just trying and hoping in saying so Merc (if they have something) wont use it.
What are they going to protest? scratch marks? :lol: FIA has cleared every car with their new tests this weekend.
They wont protest anything, coz they don't have anything to protest.
He said in Brazil that they will protest next race
I am not sure if anyone else is sick and tired of Moaners smirk face every-time he comes on TV, but if he has a big dossier (as he said on Sky sports F1) of pics/gps traces/engine details/car wing models of how the merc is cheating then show up on next race and protest.

I hope next race is like Brazil rather than Baku. As Baku RBs where comfortable and fast on the straights (if i am not mistaken)
Last edited by mstar on 21 Nov 2021, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

AeroDynamic wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:45
Where is that coming from that FIA cleared the cars? I know they tested them but I thought it was reported that the test wasn’t clear the cars, it was to ‘test’ the new test which they might bring in Jeddah or next season?
Those are rumours that I read in reddit that the FIA didn't find anything meaningful, but there is no official statements

As for technical directive, again its just the narrative by redbull, there is no official statements

dans79

AeroDynamic wrote:
it's in the post qualifying scrutineering document!
197 104 103 7

AeroDynamic

dans79 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:59
AeroDynamic wrote:
it's in the post qualifying scrutineering document!
I’d like confirmation but if it’s true the new test didn’t find anything that will be great for everyone, because there’s nothing like people bemoaning cheating, especially people who only feel that way when the shoe is on the other foot.

mstar

siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:59
AeroDynamic wrote:
Those are rumours that I read in reddit that the FIA didn't find anything meaningful, but there is no official statements

As for technical directive, again its just the narrative by redbull, there is no official statements
The tests where a prototype tests for next years proposed checks. If you failed it not be a issue they was only brought forward as RBR wanted some "indication/Clarification" of how much load Mercs wings flex. So, it was really for RB to put in FIA's mind, so they know if mercs wing flexs vs redbulls so it supports their argument should a protest come. The problem i think is that RB won't know who passed or failed as i don't think FIA told the teams if they passed or failed the new tests -as they was no penalty or reward for pass or fail.

El Scorchio

Jambier wrote:

I agree, RB was the outsider all the year in truth
Come on. That’s absolutely not true. As little as two races ago Verstappen was cruising to the title. It’s been absolutely back and forth almost race to race.

ringo

Aesop wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:06
What happens if Max wins the next round?
That won't happen, such is the paceadvantage of the Mercs. It's Hamiltons title to lose now. Somehow Mercedes have found another gear, be it the engine, the rearwing or some unknown and secret upgrade. (Secret since they were supposed to have stopped development on the W12 almost 6 months ago...)
I can't see Verstappen turn this around one more time without some incident on track.
How can you say its his to lose and he isn't even ahead, and has to be perfect to win?
While Max is a head and does not need to be perfect to win?
For Sure!!

mstar

ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:12
Aesop wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

How can you say its his to lose and he isn't even ahead, and has to be perfect to win?
While Max is a head and does not need to be perfect to win?
If max can get into the lead, Lewis needs a massive pace advantage to pass (like brazil). So if max gets into the lead first lap and can pull a gap, and lewis canot get close through last corners it be like BAKU close but cant quite pass.

Big Tea

Jambier wrote:
aleks_ader wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:34

Well that is up to the other teams. If they are able to catch Merc, good for us we want to see good close racing.
If they do not, they do not deserve to win. As long as there are races someone has to win and it should be the ones that do the best job.

Edit, That does not mean it has to be Merc winning all the time
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.