New Jeddah circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AeroDynamic

Re: New Jeddah circuit

SiLo wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:45
One thing I can say is that there are going to be some VERY big crashes at this circuit with the way the walls are set out on corner exit. I expect at least one red flag during the race. I think teams might be banking on a no stop strategy here.
It will be such a ish way for the championship to be decided by a unforgiving small mistake or a cheap pit stop vsc etc :(

ringo

Crazy track. Very fast. Looks rear limited to me for high speed swooping corners. It has enough straights for the Mercedes powered cars to make up time, but I suspect tyre warming issues like in Baku. Redbull may run really well here.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:11
Crazy track. Very fast. Looks rear limited to me for high speed swooping corners. It has enough straights for the Mercedes powered cars to make up time, but I suspect tyre warming issues like in Baku. Redbull may run really well here.
With the many fast corners tyre heat up shouldn't be an issue

ringo

siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:22
ringo wrote:
I was looking on the long straights that could maybe cool the tyres.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:30
siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:22
ringo wrote:
I was looking on the long straights that could maybe cool the tyres.
The long straights are mostly curved straights with constant G on the cars, so IMO that should not be a problem, unlike Baku where everything is low energy 90 degrees corners

Shrieker

I don't like the final sector in Baku with 300 km/h + sweeping long blind turns, and I don't like those sections here. It's even worse on this track. It's a fvcking deathtrap. I hope we don't lose anyone here :(
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

BlueCheetah66

Shrieker wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 00:58
I don't like the final sector in Baku with 300 km/h + sweeping long blind turns, and I don't like those sections here. It's even worse on this track. It's a fvcking deathtrap. I hope we don't lose anyone here :(
The marshalls and stewards are gonna have to be on point otherwise it could get very dangerous. A driver goes into the barriers and there will be someone coming in blind at high speed

Nathanael F1

Has construction of this track been completed yet?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Kingshark

siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:57
SiLo wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:45
One thing I can say is that there are going to be some VERY big crashes at this circuit with the way the walls are set out on corner exit. I expect at least one red flag during the race. I think teams might be banking on a no stop strategy here.
and lots of vsc and safety cars
We said the same thing about Baku before the 2016 race, and nothing happened.

Kingshark

I wonder how the ERS will last around this circuit when there is only 2-3 actual braking zones.

Rodak

Bandit1216 wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 12:48
Do we have any way to predict whether the not-so-straits are indeed straits (wide open throttle) with dirty air and drs? I think that will be essential for the overtaking. Like before turn 27, one must be able to follow close though 22 - 26 or it will be boring to watch. Or not boring at all, but outright dangerous.
I know you're not an English speaker and respect that you speak and write another language way better than I do, but it's 'straights' not 'straits'; straits are a confined passage connecting two bodies of water. And while I'm on the subject, for a bunch of you actual English people, when you stop the car you are using the 'brakes', not the 'breaks'. When the brakes break you break the car. Sorry, just get so tired of seeing bad usage......

djones

Rodak wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 07:21
Bandit1216 wrote:
Do we have any way to predict whether the not-so-straits are indeed straits (wide open throttle) with dirty air and drs? I think that will be essential for the overtaking. Like before turn 27, one must be able to follow close though 22 - 26 or it will be boring to watch. Or not boring at all, but outright dangerous.
I know you're not an English speaker and respect that you speak and write another language way better than I do, but it's 'straights' not 'straits'; straits are a confined passage connecting two bodies of water. And while I'm on the subject, for a bunch of you actual English people, when you stop the car you are using the 'brakes', not the 'breaks'. When the brakes break you break the car. Sorry, just get so tired of seeing bad usage......
I once worked with a physics professor (20 years ago). This guy was a genius and had done work for all sorts of companies from turbocharging projects at Jaguar to working in aero tunnels and was even offered a job at NASA. Now I think about it he was also one of the absolute top people in the UK when computer mainframes were around. Just super clever and a nice guy too.

He was dyslexic and once made an interesting point that has stayed with me since. He argues what does it matter how people write, as long as you get the point across.

Somewhat off-topic. But your post reminded me of it.

bonjon1979

The walls are so close, can't help feel like someone's going to have a big one. It'd be like having concrete walls around the edge of maggots and becketts. It's so god damn fast, it could well be a championship deciding track - either by one of the main protagonists hitting the wall themselves or a safety car at an opportune/inopportune moment screws someone's race. I'd be nervous about pushing the limit to get fastest lap too, huge penalty if it goes wrong.

Bandit1216

djones wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 11:09
Rodak wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 07:21
Bandit1216 wrote:
I once worked with a physics professor (20 years ago). This guy was a genius and had done work for all sorts of companies from turbocharging projects at Jaguar to working in aero tunnels and was even offered a job at NASA. Now I think about it he was also one of the absolute top people in the UK when computer mainframes were around. Just super clever and a nice guy too.

He was dyslexic and once made an interesting point that has stayed with me since. He argues what does it matter how people write, as long as you get the point across.

Somewhat off-topic. But your post reminded me of it.
Thanks. I work in the Shipping, so that's probably why I don't have my straights strait
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

PlatinumZealot

bonjon1979 wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 13:42
The walls are so close, can't help feel like someone's going to have a big one. It'd be like having concrete walls around the edge of maggots and becketts. It's so god damn fast, it could well be a championship deciding track - either by one of the main protagonists hitting the wall themselves or a safety car at an opportune/inopportune moment screws someone's race. I'd be nervous about pushing the limit to get fastest lap too, huge penalty if it goes wrong.
The walls look close but the track is very wide. Three or four cars wide in most places. As a street track the width would be like Sochi I think.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏