2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Kingshark

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

There is nothing Red Bull can do at this stage, any final boost of performance will have to come from Honda.

Especially considering that Jeddah circuit is so stupidly fast that it looks like Toto Wolff designed it.

Pany

max_speed wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 02:08
Redbull can not win from here. Baku and silverstone costed them championship. They somehow could not capitalize fully.
That seems the case. Only hope some safety car or accident

etusch

max_speed wrote:
Redbull can not win from here. Baku and silverstone costed them championship. They somehow could not capitalize fully.
If we have a conlusion in our mind then why we are watching races ? These up and downs are happening from start of season for both teams and can turn around again. Still everything is open

Gillian

etusch wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 09:20
max_speed wrote:
If we have a conlusion in our mind then why we are watching races ? These up and downs are happening from start of season for both teams and can turn around again. Still everything is open
Well I have watched every single race since I was about 6 years old and I'm not a teenager, nor in my twenties or... I remember multiple seasons where the conclusion was pretty clear before even half the season was done...

It was pretty close most of the season but it's evident the last few reasons the gap between Red Bull and Mercedes has increased. I know some will think things like it's about the track, setup, temperatures etc and if you want to believe that it's okay.

For me personally there is nothing Red Bull could have done to win any of Russia, Turkey, Brazil or Qatar. Well done by Hamilton for sure, he got everything out of it last few races.

But the gap has opened up. Mercedes has 3 to 5 tenths in the qualifying, depending on what engine/engine mode they opt to use. I think in the race it's a bit closer, but Mercedes is slightly faster and easier on the tires. Above all the Mercedes looks nicely balanced, where earlier this season it looked a bit off.

At this point I don't see Hamilton making any silly mistakes like he did earlier. He knows he has the better car now and he is focussed to get it done.

basti313

Gillian wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 11:30
etusch wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 09:20
max_speed wrote:
Well I have watched every single race since I was about 6 years old and I'm not a teenager, nor in my twenties or... I remember multiple seasons where the conclusion was pretty clear before even half the season was done...

It was pretty close most of the season but it's evident the last few reasons the gap between Red Bull and Mercedes has increased. I know some will think things like it's about the track, setup, temperatures etc and if you want to believe that it's okay.

For me personally there is nothing Red Bull could have done to win any of Russia, Turkey, Brazil or Qatar. Well done by Hamilton for sure, he got everything out of it last few races.

But the gap has opened up. Mercedes has 3 to 5 tenths in the qualifying, depending on what engine/engine mode they opt to use. I think in the race it's a bit closer, but Mercedes is slightly faster and easier on the tires. Above all the Mercedes looks nicely balanced, where earlier this season it looked a bit off.

At this point I don't see Hamilton making any silly mistakes like he did earlier. He knows he has the better car now and he is focussed to get it done.
Absolutely. It is like against Vettel. In the beginning Merc was taking it easy or struggling on the car adjustment...then they throw in some upgrade and need to consider how much they sandbag again.We now have a real performance gap.

With Qatar I disagree a bit. I am not sure why half of this forums is screaming for penalties yin yang all the time...here the penalties spoiled the race. With the very good start from P2, there would have been a realistic chance for Ver to be ahead with two Mercs beating him on strategy. The outcome would have been the same, but at least with some action. Instead we saw again the usual outcome with Bot being impotent in overtaking, some DRS action and Ham cruising ahead....
Don`t russel the hamster!

AeroDynamic

Can someone break down the reported analysis of the gap between red bull and the other teams (not MCS) having shrunk? When did that start, what is that based on? I find it confusing without more info. MCS hasn’t upgraded aero since Silverstone, but Red Bull has continued, so why does it appear Red Bull have not increased their pace advantage over the rest of the field? Is it only Mercedes going faster?

bosyber

AeroDynamic wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 11:51
Can someone break down the reported analysis of the gap between red bull and the other teams (not MCS) having shrunk? When did that start, what is that based on? I find it confusing without more info. MCS hasn’t upgraded aero since Silverstone, but Red Bull has continued, so why does it appear Red Bull have not increased their pace advantage over the rest of the field? Is it only Mercedes going faster?
The race did an article on that, to look into Horner's claim of Mercedes straight line speed having disappeared at Losail; they instead found that after Austin, Red Bull took a 0,13s step back relative to the rest of the grid (w/o Merc) - I quoted it in the race thread on Friday or Saturday.

Jambier

max_speed wrote:
Agreed, championship was lost there, even though there was some compensation (SPA)

And the last part is... at the factory: Mercedes pushing hard to improve the car and make a special engine for the end of the year, RB / Honda were to naive there

Wouter

Max took a moment yesterday to chat with the marshall waving the double yellow flag. :)

[ALIGN=center]Image
The Power of Dreams!

Jambier

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 23:03
Jambier wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:43
Only a crash from HAM could save hopes for the title.

Mercedes "killed" the championship with this car since Brazil, now it is almost impossible to win... shame, 8 years of domination, I can't imagine a world with 2022 continuing that, or F1 will die
So Mercedes can only win the WDC in the final round, no sooner! yet you say they killed the championship? Bit much don't you think?
I mean "killed" because I expected a close fight for the last 4 races, and this is not what is happening.

There is a huge gap in performance, has there was in previous years with Red Bull only grabing victories on Mercedes failures or weakness.

So I expect Mercedes to dominate all races, doesn't mean that a surprise can' t happen but I don't see any capability to match their pace

siskue2005

Wouter wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 14:12
Max took a moment yesterday to chat with the marshall waving the double yellow flag. :)

[ALIGN=center]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEygvKqaAAA ... name=small
That's a great gesture from him =D>

AeroDynamic

Jambier wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 14:14
NathanOlder wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 23:03
Jambier wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 21:43
Only a crash from HAM could save hopes for the title.

Mercedes "killed" the championship with this car since Brazil, now it is almost impossible to win... shame, 8 years of domination, I can't imagine a world with 2022 continuing that, or F1 will die
So Mercedes can only win the WDC in the final round, no sooner! yet you say they killed the championship? Bit much don't you think?
I mean "killed" because I expected a close fight for the last 4 races, and this is not what is happening.

There is a huge gap in performance, has there was in previous years with Red Bull only grabing victories on Mercedes failures or weakness.

So I expect Mercedes to dominate all races, doesn't mean that a surprise can' t happen but I don't see any capability to match their pace
I think it’s the complete opposite to what you claimed. I think it’s alive! they have revived the championship completely. I don’t know anybody who said it was “alive” after Mexico, especially the DSQ in Brazil. MCS and Lewis have kept it alivetill the end now. Everyone thought it was over and dead after Mexico and USA with the DSQ in Brazil. Why do I get the feeling you might not have declared it “dead” then?

If they had the points lead at this stage, it would be a different story, then I would agree, championship over slightly prematurely, still wouldn’t really be ‘dead’ though, there was a finale guaranteed in Abu Dhabi, down to the wire, without incidents . But right now it’s a points lead on one side, vs better performing package and team at the moment. It’s still open.

AeroDynamic

siskue2005 wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 14:24
Wouter wrote:

[ALIGN=center]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEygvKqaAAA ... name=small
That's a great gesture from him =D>
It really is, max setting a good example for his team superiors. =D>

Sieper

I amso glad that Max is mentally really strong, keeps at it all season. Sure he sometimes uttered a curse on the radio in the heat of a moment, but for the most part he has been so positive and on it.

If he would have said anything there would have been an army of haters (especially here in NL) that would have pushed for it (like Horner now experienced).

And indeed, very nice of him to visit the Marshall, he just waved double yellow when gasly stopped, like he was supposed to do.

Missing that might have caused max a chance at the win, but he missed it himself.

Wasnt helped by the FIA not lighting any panels, and saying “track clear” but thatbwas probably as they tried not to kill the qualy.

Gillian

Wouter wrote:
Just want to say thank you for posting a lot off stuff Wouter. I don't use any social media so I would not see these things otherwise.