2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:03
godlameroso wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 00:56

Win or lose doesn't matter, I just like how this team carries itself.
Such as blaming an unpaid volunteer for the mistake made by their multi-millionaire star driver?

Can't say it impresses me much. :wink:
Since Silverstone, Horner has just gone to another level. I know a few RedBull fans that mute the tv when he is about to start an interview.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

godlameroso

Just_a_fan wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Such as blaming an unpaid volunteer for the mistake made by their multi-millionaire star driver?

What's really impressive is how people spin things and take things out of character to get cheap shots. Horner and many others are simply perplexed by the procedures in place. Why would you have double waived yellows a sector away from the accident and single waived yellows at the scene of the accident? Is this logical to you?

It's like getting fined more for speeding outside of a school zone rather than in it, to the FIA this makes perfect logical sense, and anyone pointing it out should feel shame? :lol:
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:13
Just_a_fan wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

What's really impressive is how people spin things and take things out of character to get cheap shots. Horner and many others are simply perplexed by the procedures in place. Why would you have double waived yellows a sector away from the accident and single waived yellows at the scene of the accident? Is this logical to you?

It's like getting fined more for speeding outside of a school zone rather than in it, to the FIA this makes perfect logical sense, and anyone pointing it out should feel shame? :lol:
It doesn't matter - simple rule applies: obey the flags.

That's "Driver 101" for any driver that has progressed through the single seat system.
Last edited by Just_a_fan on 23 Nov 2021, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Was there a single waved yellow after the double waved yellows?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

godlameroso

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:18
godlameroso wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Was there a single waved yellow after the double waved yellows?
Yes
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:17
godlameroso wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

It doesn't matter - simple rule applies: obey the flags.

That's "Driver 101" for any driver that has progressed through the single seat system.

Edit: ooh, look, the RB massive has downvoted me. :lol:
If only rules were that simple. Things like track limits get modified, for reasons, rules get tweaked on a whim no need to play coy.

In any case, using hindsight, given where Bottas and Verstappen finished the race, none of it mattered in the end, just like nothing will happen to Horner in the end. This is just another box ticked regarding how politics are played in the background. No wonder I've had such an uneasy stomach lately.
Saishū kōnā

Revs84

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:05
Just_a_fan wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Since Silverstone, Horner has just gone to another level. I know a few RedBull fans that mute the tv when he is about to start an interview.
Seems to me like this is being blown out of proportions now.

Sure, Horner would have been better off keeping his mouth shut, but when the stakes are so high, emotions run higher.

Don't forget that Red Bull haven't won a championship since 2013. So much time, money, energy and effort goes into this and then getting a penalty in such a manner.

No one is contesting whether Max should have stopped or not. The problem is that the way the yellow flag situation was handled was unacceptable. At least Horner admitted he was wrong. FIA didn't.

Let's also not pretend to forget the 'f them all' comment and gesture to Masi after Brazil by Wolff. These people are human too and make mistakes like us mere humans. Regardless of how poshy they pretend to be.

Ultimately if you really feel that what they did is so unacceptable, then why are you all doing the same to them?

godlameroso

Revs84 wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:35
NathanOlder wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Sure, Horner would have been better off keeping his mouth shut, but when the stakes are so high, emotions run higher.

Don't forget that Red Bull haven't won a championship since 2013. So much time, money, energy and effort goes into this and then getting a penalty in such a manner.

No one is contesting whether Max should have stopped or not. The problem is that the way the yellow flag situation was handled was unacceptable. At least Horner admitted he was wrong. FIA didn't.

Let's also not pretend to forget the 'f them all' comment and gesture to Masi after Brazil by Wolff. These people are human too and make mistakes like us mere humans. Regardless of how poshy they pretend to be.

Ultimately if you really feel that what they did is so unacceptable, then why are you all doing the same to them?
It's ok when they do it. :wink:
Saishū kōnā

jellybone

Big Tea wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 21:15
Do Red Bull want supporters who are only there if they win? Red Bull supporters are supposed to support Red Bull, not the winner (As for all teams)
Frankly speaking, I doubt my opinion or anyone else's here fall into their awareness or interest. In other words they're not loosing sleep over if they have fair weather fans or not.

dans79

Watch this video starting at about the one minute mark for a good visual representation of what went on with the flags.

197 104 103 7

langedweil

All it shows is it was just insanely incoherent .. volunteering or not.
HuggaWugga !

Just_a_fan

jellybone wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 01:52
Big Tea wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 21:15
Do Red Bull want supporters who are only there if they win? Red Bull supporters are supposed to support Red Bull, not the winner (As for all teams)
Frankly speaking, I doubt my opinion or anyone else's here fall into their awareness or interest. In other words they're not loosing sleep over if they have fair weather fans or not.
So long as they sell the product, they won't care either way. No different to the other teams really.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

adrianjordan

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 10:11
Revs84 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

I find things like his reply to Andrew Benson in that interview sickening. As Benson pointed out Horner called the incident in silverstone "reckless and amatuerish" when the car on the inside was level going in to the braking zone and didn't run wide. If this was reckless and amatuerish what was the move in Brazil ? When the car on the inside was a car length behind going in to the braking zone and run massively wide! Horner called it "Hard but Fair".
He then went on to say its different because "in Silverstone you have gravel and a wall". I guess he forgot the run off area ? and I guess he forgot in Brazil you have a run off area, gravel and a wall down at turn The problem I see is so many people believe him and assume what he says is fact. Sky never question him on it, I think Damon did start to push back but Horner wouldn't listen when then were discussing the Brazil incident recently.
Agreed. He claims the two incidents were different because they were different corners on different tracks and then goes into his post-truth rant about massive accident, car destroyed, driver "in hospital" etc etc yet again.

I'm sorry, but the differences between the 2 incidents were that Max came from further behind in Brazil and Lewis didn't turn in on him.

If Max had been a bit more level headed in Silverstone, then he could have a much larger lead in the championship and maybe even be WDC already!! I hope that, behind closed doors, Horner and Helmut are pointing that out to him even if they continue their own narrative in public.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

DChemTech

adrianjordan wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 12:07

If Max had been a bit more level headed in Silverstone, then he could have a much larger lead in the championship and maybe even be WDC already!! I hope that, behind closed doors, Horner and Helmut are pointing that out to him even if they continue their own narrative in public.
Perhaps, but still it has a sense of victim blaming. He could have prevented the outcome perhaps, but the onus was not on him.

etusch

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 10:11
Revs84 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

I find things like his reply to Andrew Benson in that interview sickening. As Benson pointed out Horner called the incident in silverstone "reckless and amatuerish" when the car on the inside was level going in to the braking zone and didn't run wide. If this was reckless and amatuerish what was the move in Brazil ? When the car on the inside was a car length behind going in to the braking zone and run massively wide! Horner called it "Hard but Fair".
He then went on to say its different because "in Silverstone you have gravel and a wall". I guess he forgot the run off area ? and I guess he forgot in Brazil you have a run off area, gravel and a wall down at turn The problem I see is so many people believe him and assume what he says is fact. Sky never question him on it, I think Damon did start to push back but Horner wouldn't listen when then were discussing the Brazil incident recently.
you are blindly defending ham. leave making british racism and open your eyes. Ham was behind vers and hit his rear tyre at silverstone while vers was front of ham at brasil. that is why ham able to avoid crash.