New Abu Dhabi 2021 circuit laps - simulator

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AeroDynamic

New Abu Dhabi 2021 circuit laps - simulator

Hadn’t seen this before. Karun Chandhok drives the simulator around the new Abu Dhabi track where our season finale will be decided. What’s your thoughts for the championship contenders?

Last edited by AeroDynamic on 23 Nov 2021, 10:18, edited 2 times in total.

BlueCheetah66

Re: New Abu Dhabi 2021 circuit laps - simulator

I'm a bit worried for Red Bull here. Two of the places I would expect them to gain time are now eliminated.

PlatinumZealot

Looking on last year's qualifying comparison, the difference between the cars at the old track was small. I also agree with the wider community that the new track changes take away the premium on rear traction thus the advantage will swing to Mercedes.

Examining last year's qualifying:

The RedBull seems to have better low speed traction on corner exit as you see in old turns 5, 6 , 7. Then on old turn 8, the Mercedes seems like it catapults from the corner. This was not because it has gained a strong rear end all of a sudden, it was only because of the off-camber corner that helped to load up the Mercedes rear outer tyre. The story of strong rear end and traction repeats for the RedBull out of turn 17 where it pulls ahead once more. The rest of the lap is pretty even stevens. One thing I noticed was the RedBull seem to lose tyre grip later in the lap.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

The track is much much faster, and the setup does not have to be compromised too much by the tight section.
Now we can have more overtaking.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 15:36
The track is much much faster, and the setup does not have to be compromised too much by the tight section.
Now we can have more overtaking.
The new turn 9 looks like turn 1 of qatar (but inon the opposite side)