New Jeddah circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WaikeCU

Re: New Jeddah circuit

Feels like a lot of blind spots on the circuit. Like you don't know what's happening in front because of all the concrete walls alongside the track.

Don't want to see these kind of accidents happen:

These Indycars had those rear wheel arches and were fast, but F1 cars are faster and don't even have these arches... :?

dans79

This came out last monday but it doesn't seem like anyone posted it!

197 104 103 7

El Scorchio

dans79 wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 23:55

I'm pretty sure there's going to be an incident on the very first corner of the first lap.

PlatinumZealot

Now the qeustion is... Will a Monza-like setup work here?

We have a big hair pin and a small hair-pin just like Monza.

We have, what are not exacltly chicanes, but quick lane zig-zags similar to the ascari and lesmos turns where quick steering and agility is required.

This should be a Mercedes track.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

siskue2005

dans79 wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 23:55

https://www.f1technical.net/forum/view ... 3#p1011793

siskue2005

looks like it will be finished

Stu

I thought that it was being planned as a rallycross event 😂😂😂
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

AeroDynamic

it looks way closer to being finished than I thought it would 2 weeks ago. I guess it is gonna make it fine

AeroDynamic

west52keep64

I feel like the WDC is going to be decided here. It's almost certainly not going to be a normal race, there will be an accident and I imagine that is going to impact the WDC somehow.

godlameroso

From what I can tell, you need a Spa like setup, or something along those line, medium downforce, COTA lite maybe. It's all about hugging the walls, two traction sensitive zones, everything else is all about carrying speed through the corners. The corners are worth a lot of time much more than the straights, but you also can't ignore the straights. At least since you don't need a ton of rear wing RBR will have a more favorable balance. It's a lot tighter in real life, still don't know what the real kerbs are like. It's definitely a two stopper, it will be incredibly hard to keep the pace up and preserve the tires. This was 18 laps in and 3 laps into the second medium stint. I imagine the push strategy will be 15M 15M 20H or some variation thereof.
Saishū kōnā

Pany

west52keep64 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 01:01
I feel like the WDC is going to be decided here. It's almost certainly not going to be a normal race, there will be an accident and I imagine that is going to impact the WDC somehow.
I totally agree with you. SAFETY car will probably appear on track. Therefore max and lewis will pit the later possible, puttin focus on high puncture rosk. Unless lewis, if positioned behind after start, will try a very anticipated strategy for undercat, because he can not afford max to win here. SO Most probable WINNER is the one advantaged by safery car or the loser will be the one with broken tire. In case max after start is leader, will surely try a very long stint, so my idea i guess they will set up car mainly for tire preservation

PlatinumZealot

The terms Safety car and undercut should be kept at arms length for fear of a team reviving the unscrupulous tactic used by Flavio Briatore in 2008. 🙂

I don't think Toto or Horner would stoop so low to win though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SiLo

godlameroso wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 02:20

From what I can tell, you need a Spa like setup, or something along those line, medium downforce, COTA lite maybe. It's all about hugging the walls, two traction sensitive zones, everything else is all about carrying speed through the corners. The corners are worth a lot of time much more than the straights, but you also can't ignore the straights. At least since you don't need a ton of rear wing RBR will have a more favorable balance. It's a lot tighter in real life, still don't know what the real kerbs are like. It's definitely a two stopper, it will be incredibly hard to keep the pace up and preserve the tires. This was 18 laps in and 3 laps into the second medium stint. I imagine the push strategy will be 15M 15M 20H or some variation thereof.
This isn't even close to be how fast they will drive this track.
Last edited by SiLo on 25 Nov 2021, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Felipe Baby!

Just_a_fan

SiLo wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 19:29
godlameroso wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 02:20
This is even close to be how fast they will drive this track.
It might Mazepin at the beginning of FP1, but Max et al won't be driving it like, that's for sure! :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.