Red Bull RB16B

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

b2bL44

Re: Red Bull RB16B

More repair work on the medium downforce rear wing.
I like headbuttin’ journos an´ I can not lie.
You otha brothas can´t deny.
That when a journo walks in wit´ some bait an´
A hook right in yo´ face. You get SMACKED.

Stu

b2bL44 wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:44
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... win-1.webp

More repair work on the medium downforce rear wing.
Already!!? I just wonder if they are using up old parts (that have been repaired) during the FP sessions. FP3 should see them commit to what will be used in the race.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

SiLo

I think there is a genuine issue with the lower downforce DRS actuator so it's likely to be taken apart and checked regularly throughout the weekend. Was it confirmed this was for repairs or are they just checking it?
Felipe Baby!

aleks_ader

Yeah that's the problem. It's engineering failure. I think. But because design is frozen they cannot redesign part. It's a bit tricky situation. I would argue it's not safe and you cannot race it. Or Fia could allow emergency redesign of said parts.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

bigblue

Is there no change allowed for reliability reasons ?

Edit : I meant for a redesign, i.e. is the DRS actuator design frozen even if they fail ? Seems like if you made a mistake at the start of the season, say, you'd be DQ'd from every race !
Last edited by bigblue on 03 Dec 2021, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

godlameroso

They had to use the same parts for 3 races in a row with no real way to get spares in time. It shouldn't be an issue with a little time to prepare.
Saishū kōnā

Thunder

guys why post RB18 Pictures in the RB16B Thread? At least you could've used the RB18 Speculation Thread......
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum