2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
e30ernest

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Holy cow that track looks mighty narrow, and fast! Can't wait for the race itself!

Marty_Y

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59468663

Verstappen has the points, Hamilton the faster car - F1 title set for thrilling finale

Max Verstappen & Lewis Hamilton set for thrilling Formula 1 finale

By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer

A good read, summarizing what's going on for the last two races.

pursue_one's

Ever the complete competitor, Hamilton confirmed he was still charging as hard as he could to make the difference. Never a fan of working on the simulator, he explained he had spent seven hours in one day last week on the Mercedes simulator at their Brackley HQ and a further four on Monday as he prepared to head to the Jeddah circuit in Saudi Arabia, which is hosting its first race.

The track, which features long straights and almost 80% of a lap at full throttle, should on paper favour Mercedes but Hamilton was taking nothing for granted, noting how conditions at the venue and the track surface would play a role in whether his team could find the sweet spot for their car which has been notoriously hard to nail down this season.

Most recently Horner has been blunt in stating his belief that the Mercedes rear wing is flexing illegally, delivering a straightline speed advantage. Red Bull are likely to protest about the wing in Saudi Arabia.

Mercedes are confident their wing is completely legal. Hamilton, who confirmed he has checked with his team that is the case, took exception to a claim he believes is unfounded and, he implied, unsportsmanlike.

“If it is egos fighting each other there is defence, there is respect,” he said. “But what is important, I did see someone say something about cheating and that’s the worst claim to ever make. We have done all these tests and this is where it is. I don’t like it when people put that out there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... chievement

dans79

pursue_one's wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 07:11
Mercedes are confident their wing is completely legal. Hamilton, who confirmed he has checked with his team that is the case, took exception to a claim he believes is unfounded and, he implied, unsportsmanlike.

“But what is important, I did see someone say something about cheating and that’s the worst claim to ever make. We have done all these tests and this is where it is. I don’t like it when people put that out there.”
Shots fired, shots fired....

I don't think i've ever heard Lewis take a shot at an opposing team principal!
197 104 103 7

AeroDynamic

AeroDynamic

ringo

Looks like people are targeting a driver that has no say about which sponsors go on his car.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... rship-deal
For Sure!!

proteus

ringo wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:55
Looks like people are targeting a driver that has no say about which sponsors go on his car.

He exposed himself too much and now this kind of backlash happens because people automatically connect him with everything in the team.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

El Scorchio

Poor thought out move on behalf of the commercial team, but to link any of it to Hamilton is ridiculous. As is to suggest it’s somehow his own fault for being too prominent.

NathanOlder

how sad are some people. Its absolutely pathetic!

I guess these people have issues with everything VW related ? considering VW was created by the Nazi party wasn't it ? Didn't Max drive with a VW badge on his chest for a year ? I guess this was an issue too ? Or its just idiots being pathetic as usual
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

proteus

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 12:01
how sad are some people. Its absolutely pathetic!

I guess these people have issues with everything VW related ? considering VW was created by the Nazi party wasn't it ? Didn't Max drive with a VW badge on his chest for a year ? I guess this was an issue too ? Or its just idiots being pathetic as usual
You can take a look what is happening in the US for example. How are things from 100, 200 years ago exploited and used for agenda of certain organisations and individuals. It is a clown world and we are all caught in this circus.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Tvetovnato

Do we know if Hamilton is using the spicy engine already now, or will they wait to put it in tomorrow?

bosyber

Usually they put the race-PU in on Saturday before FP3.

edit: on that Letter about Grenfell, that's a solid PR letter, esp. the part where it assures the team actually pre-checked about the role of the company in the disaster. I cannot judge that part, but as a response that's decent and good, esp. with the offer/accepting of a personal meet added in as well.

Fairplay

ringo wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:55

Unfair. Absolutely. Am I surprised. No.