2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

politburo wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 20:14
I do not mean to jinx him, just want to point out how good Honda+RedBull have been this season reliability-wise. Sad to see Honda leave when they're only just peaking...
Surely that means RBR for the 2022 title then? 😉
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ryar

It seems like Perez is struggling really badly. He is nowhere near Max.

Hakuna Matata!

politburo

adrianjordan wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 11:21
politburo wrote:
I do not mean to jinx him, just want to point out how good Honda+RedBull have been this season reliability-wise. Sad to see Honda leave when they're only just peaking...
I'm not good at predictions. But I did do some analysis, and without Max 5 DNF last season he'd have been far ahead of Bottas in WDC. He finished on average 1.5 positions ahead of Bottas. Verstappen certainly makes the most of the machinery given.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

godlameroso

Ryar wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 17:58

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFsbUaQXwAM ... =4096x4096
Verstappen has the right idea, just rolling off the throttle in the chickens.
Saishū kōnā

Marty_Y

politburo wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 19:56
adrianjordan wrote:
politburo wrote:
I'm not good at predictions. But I did do some analysis, and without Max 5 DNF last season he'd have been far ahead of Bottas in WDC. He finished on average 1.5 positions ahead of Bottas. Verstappen certainly makes the most of the machinery given.
That's unfair in my opinion because Bottas had several DNF's that were out of his control last season, Max was also very unlucky with mechanical failures. I haven't added it all up but I think if they both finished every race Bottas would be ahead.

Not that I'm saying Bottas is the better driver, just he was driving the W11 which was a faster, easier car to drive.

I agree Max did well last season, he won races and consistently scored good points, but he was up against the W11 which was a far superior car than he was driving.

politburo

Marty_Y wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 23:03
politburo wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 19:56
adrianjordan wrote:

That's unfair in my opinion because Bottas had several DNF's that were out of his control last season, Max was also very unlucky with mechanical failures. I haven't added it all up but I think if they both finished every race Bottas would be ahead.

Not that I'm saying Bottas is the better driver, just he was driving the W11 which was a faster, easier car to drive.

I agree Max did well last season, he won races and consistently scored good points, but he was up against the W11 which was a far superior car than he was driving.
No, I looked into it, in the races they both finished, Max (2.42) finished on average >1.5 positions ahead of Bottas (4.31). Perhaps Bottas was just unlucky, or perhaps he just lacks the aggression of Hamilton despite being just as fast as him in Qualifying. I do rate Bottas, but how can someone as talented as him have zero championships to this point being in the best car for 5 years one has to wonder. I fear George Russell will suffer a similar fate there

politburo

It's not looking good for the RBR team this weekend man. Mercedes just have more pace again, on every tire compound and even on race pace.

Kingshark

I do not see Max beating Lewis around either Jeddah or the revised Abu Dhabi on pure pace. These circuits simply suit Mercedes far too much. They are power sensitive, smooth and grippy tarmac, etc…

He needs luck to go his way, but he’s up against the most blessed driver himself :wink: so that doesn’t seem very likely.

e30ernest

godlameroso wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 20:13
Ryar wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 17:58

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFsbUaQXwAM ... =4096x4096
Verstappen has the right idea, just rolling off the throttle in the chickens.
That's not very humane.... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Seriously though, Max is driving the wheels off the car. Hopefully we get a close fight come qualifying and race to keep the season spicy.

politburo

Kingshark wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 06:12
I do not see Max beating Lewis around either Jeddah or the revised Abu Dhabi on pure pace. These circuits simply suit Mercedes far too much. They are power sensitive, smooth and grippy tarmac, etc…

He needs luck to go his way, but he’s up against the most blessed driver himself :wink: so that doesn’t seem very likely.
The problem is that he's fighting alone, whilst Perez is languishing with the upper midfield. The best luck they can get is Perez starting 4th. Perez can then go into T1 a bit more aggressively and gain track position on maybe Bottas, thus when Hamilton wants to pit, they can place Perez as a legal roadblock and ask him to defend aggressively or use more aggressive deployment to try and defend.

This is literally the only chance. Otherwise, Hamilton will win this race just as easily as the Qatar race, and with exception of a miracle in Abu Dhabi, it would be the same there. All this plus the fact they must as score more points than Merc if they wish to stay realistically competitive in the WCC going into Abu Dhabi next weekend as well.

Aesop

Did Max drive with the friday engine?

search

yeah. Same as basically everyone else (apart from Ferrari)

politburo

Is there such a thing as a Friday engine, isn't it Friday gearbox?

bosyber

politburo wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 11:49
Kingshark wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 06:12

The problem is that he's fighting alone, whilst Perez is languishing with the upper midfield. The best luck they can get is Perez starting 4th. Perez can then go into T1 a bit more aggressively and gain track position on maybe Bottas, thus when Hamilton wants to pit, they can place Perez as a legal roadblock and ask him to defend aggressively or use more aggressive deployment to try and defend.

This is literally the only chance. Otherwise, Hamilton will win this race just as easily as the Qatar race, and with exception of a miracle in Abu Dhabi, it would be the same there. All this plus the fact they must as score more points than Merc if they wish to stay realistically competitive in the WCC going into Abu Dhabi next weekend as well.
But when the Mercedes in Hamilton's hands is faster all around that doesn't actually buy them too much, especially if they are also equal or better on tyres (look for Zandvoort for that scenario, but switched around).

Wouter

"That's just pure talent, that's Max at his best"
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner thoroughly enjoyed himself when his pupil Max Verstappen went to explore
the new Jeddah circuit in the first free practice session.

The Power of Dreams!