2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TNTHead

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wow, that was a big moment and a seldomly seen small error of Max on a lap that really counted. Starting on a back foot, Max needs to stay out of the mayhem and have some luck, (or call it blessings) on his hard work.

TNTHead

Gillian wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 23:03
Mansell89 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 23:00
Didn’t look to be a big shunt to me- I’d be really surprised if any issues with the gearbox?

As people have said, safety car timings will dictate everything tomorrow.
I don't think so either but you never know.
Remember LEC in monaco? But that was a bigger impact (and the drive shaft on the other side).

Gillian

TNTHead wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 23:08
Gillian wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 23:03
Mansell89 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 23:00
Didn’t look to be a big shunt to me- I’d be really surprised if any issues with the gearbox?

As people have said, safety car timings will dictate everything tomorrow.
I don't think so either but you never know.
Remember LEC in monaco? But that was a bigger impact (and the drive shaft on the other side).
Not really comparable I think. Leclerc crashed harder and at a different angle. I'm not sure how to say this in English but the speed was lineair where Leclerc crash it was a full stop. Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I don't know how to translate...

Gillian

TNTHead wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 23:06
Wow, that was a big moment and a seldomly seen small error of Max on a lap that really counted. Starting on a back foot, Max needs to stay out of the mayhem and have some luck, (or call it blessings) on his hard work.
If he had made it, it was probably one of the most stunning laps in a long time, for me at least. It was a weird mistake, not sure what happened. It's maybe too easy to say he should have taken it a little easier, knowing how much margin there was but alas. I'm surprised about the pace.

Have to give credit to etusch! You might have been right all along. =D>

1m0bius1

They shouldnt chance it. The rear tail whipped into the wall. so Despit him hitting at 105 km/h on the speed tracker it was more than likely alot more on the rear due to the added velocity.

PlatinumZealot

After this qualifying, I can say three things: i think the RedBull is good everywhere and the Honda engine is just as good as Mercedes and what distorted that was Mercedes getting the floor to stall. They chose not to stall it here for obvious reasons, but they will be back at it for Abu Dhabi.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

godlameroso

Verstappen has a few tenths in hand so 3rd place start is not the end of the world. There are a few upsides as well, Verstappen's tires are in better shape than Hamilton's and given that the mediums can't do more than 16 laps, and his already have 8 laps in low fuel I'd say he'd have to pit round lap 11-12 while Verstappen can overcut a bit. The important thing will be to get past Bottas and hopefully starting behind Hamilton Verstappen can steal a tow into turn 1/2. Safety car is guaranteed.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

Verstappen gearbox does not need to be replaced

Gearbox tested

A source in the Austrian team told GPToday.net: "We have examined and looked at the car's performance after qualifying tonight. Max's car was tested with the gearbox just before midnight [local time] and it appears to be OK."

It can be concluded from this that Verstappen will simply start third, behind Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas who are together on the front row.
https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1/26 ... -te-worden
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:10

Gearbox tested

A source in the Austrian team told GPToday.net: "We have examined and looked at the car's performance after qualifying tonight. Max's car was tested with the gearbox just before midnight [local time] and it appears to be OK."

It can be concluded from this that Verstappen will simply start third, behind Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas who are together on the front row.
Good news, all to play for tomorrow, hopefully he doesn't have an issue like LeClerc in Monaco.
Saishū kōnā

BlueCheetah66

Wouter wrote:

Gearbox tested

I hope that test is very thorough and we don't get a repeat of Leclerc in Monaco. If it is true then we will be in for a hell of a race provided that Max can clear Bottas early

Jolle

They are taking quite a risk I think. Worst case scenario: gearbox has its gear sync problems but they are able to finish somewhere around place 3-6 but have to take a penalty next week. Best case: gearbox holds up, they finish second tomorrow. Scenario with a gearbox replacement: second or third tomorrow and no worries going into the final race.

BlueCheetah66

Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:57
They are taking quite a risk I think. Worst case scenario: gearbox has its gear sync problems but they are able to finish somewhere around place 3-6 but have to take a penalty next week. Best case: gearbox holds up, they finish second tomorrow. Scenario with a gearbox replacement: second or third tomorrow and no worries going into the final race.
To be fair, best case scenario would be they win the race which is still a possibility. If they do that then it will be easy to take the penalty next race

Jolle

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 01:18
Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:57
To be fair, best case scenario would be they win the race which is still a possibility. If they do that then it will be easy to take the penalty next race
Of course that’s best case, but more likely, based on race pace, Mercedes will creep away in front this race.

1m0bius1

They can run the tests all they want on the dyno. Its not going to replicate real world conditions. Bumps on kerbs and G forces etc. It was quite a nasty hit. Plus they are unable to open it to full examine if there is damage or not. They can simply test it to see if its ok. If it fails during the race its goodbye to the WDC WCC

Tvetovnato

godlameroso wrote:
Verstappen has a few tenths in hand so 3rd place start is not the end of the world. There are a few upsides as well, Verstappen's tires are in better shape than Hamilton's and given that the mediums can't do more than 16 laps, and his already have 8 laps in low fuel I'd say he'd have to pit round lap 11-12 while Verstappen can overcut a bit. The important thing will be to get past Bottas and hopefully starting behind Hamilton Verstappen can steal a tow into turn 1/2. Safety car is guaranteed.
16 laps, how do you come to that conclusion?