2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

I am dissapointed again with Daniel. Slower than Giovinazzi with a faster car? How? Is he so out of sync with the car that he is in the level of Alfa Romeo and Williams?

Seerix

Ah, I was expecting Lando to go through on mediums. I think the car had it, maybe he did not feel confident enough.

Darth-Piekus

Didn't Lando put a new set for another run? I noticed he went to the pits. Could he not have gone faster? Leclerc did it.

I don't get it. Pace seems to be dissapearing in Q3 sometimes.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 04 Dec 2021, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Emag

Daniel had floor damage after his 2nd q2 lap according to the team. So he had very little chances of making it through.

Darth-Piekus

Emag wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:04
Daniel had floor damage after his 2nd q2 lap according to the team. So he had very little chances of making it through.
What about Lando? Was he held up or something? He abandoned his lap.

1m0bius1

Can't wait to turn thr page on this season. At least we secured a win. The car simply had too many weaknesses. Hopefully they nail the design and we can get the wind tunnel up and running by mid next year.

CjC
CjC

diffuser wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:31
CjC wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 17:48
Emag wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 17:25

There is nothing to be enthusiastic about McLaren at this point. We were close to P3, we got fuked, and now we can no longer get P3 bar any miracles.

It doesn't really matter how well McLaren does right now tbh. Even if Ferrari is right behind them, they wont get third.

I am just focusing on the title fight now.
Yea totally agree.

It’s just funny how there isn’t any ‘chat’ anymore (nothing from me either) it’s almost like the winter off season
There is still lots of chatter here about other things McLaren. Maybe just not stuff you're interested in.

It's been a non traditional year from technical chatter point of view, it tailed off early cause the reg changes.

40 is a big chunk of points to overcome in 2 races but we can still cheer on McLaren. Still brings satisfaction the Higher up they finish.
Nah I mean car performance/ results chat.
If wind tunnel chat is your thing then this is the thread to be in😂
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:04
It’s just frustrating.
There’s too much going against Mclaren whether it’s self inflicted or not this last quarter of a season.
Dan looked very decent today and once again a little niggle holds him back.

Darth-Piekus

I have to take back what I said about Daniel before. Damage was what was hampering his progress before. This year the team was very unlucky. Hopefully we will bounce back next year. In any case good job to the team for leading 3rd place for at least 3/4 of the championship, securing a win and a pole and losing two more poles in details and another victory be sheer badluck. Good job for surpassing the points of last year showing another step in the right direction. Good job from the technical aero department for showing innovations after so many years and producing a good car despite the huge restrictions that the FIA forced on the team due to the engine change. Finally good job to Lando for showing us that he is indeed championship material. Good job to Zak Brown for filling the car with so many sponsors and the team for starting building the new wind tunnel. I am confident for next year.

1m0bius1

Yep the classic Ricciardo luck came back from 2018. Hes been horribly unlucky in the second half. Was looking faster than Norris this quali until the floor damage.

djos

SmallSoldier wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 19:42
Daniel once again disappointing not getting into Q3… He will start ahead of Carlos though, but it’s a shame that he couldn’t get the car in… It was a ridiculous small margin though
At first I thought he’d been held up, but he suffered Floor damage from the curbs to the point where it was dragging on the ground.
"In downforce we trust"

diffuser

CjC wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:06
diffuser wrote:
CjC wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 17:48

Yea totally agree.

It’s just funny how there isn’t any ‘chat’ anymore (nothing from me either) it’s almost like the winter off season
There is still lots of chatter here about other things McLaren. Maybe just not stuff you're interested in.

It's been a non traditional year from technical chatter point of view, it tailed off early cause the reg changes.

40 is a big chunk of points to overcome in 2 races but we can still cheer on McLaren. Still brings satisfaction the Higher up they finish.
I presume you mean technical talk by performance. I agree with you on that but most of that talk happens in the car forum. On that front the year ended Julyish. More than half of the teams haven't upgraded any parts since July. If you exclude replacement rear wings for that rule change, you could probably say June. New parts generate performance talk. The car forums have been very quiet for a long time.

mwillems

Lando did a very honest interview and said the car had the pace for P4, but that the issue was that the driver didn't.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

CjC
CjC

mwillems wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 08:46
Lando did a very honest interview and said the car had the pace for P4, but that the issue was that the driver didn't.
We’ve heard this too many times this season too #-o 😫

CjC
CjC

diffuser wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 04:00
CjC wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:06
diffuser wrote:

I presume you mean technical talk by performance. I agree with you on that but most of that talk happens in the car forum. On that front the year ended Julyish. More than half of the teams haven't upgraded any parts since July. If you exclude replacement rear wings for that rule change, you could probably say June. New parts generate performance talk. The car forums have been very quiet for a long time.
Yea the car thread died of death ages ago.
I should I’ve said competitiveness I meant performance as in track performance.

Usually there is chat from Thursday to Monday morning on a race weekend about the sessions and race- just this weekend there still wasn't any track related chat till after FP2 and my point was it seems the buzz for this season seems to have died other than lamenting more poor performances😂