2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

codetower wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 01:10
The Ferraris have some decent speed, it seems. Even the Alfas posted some eye opening speeds this past weekend. It seems to me that the Ferrari PU is not as bad as we've thought. Looks like the issues lie with the SF21 itself, not the PU. With the new ES, aside from better energy recovery, Ferrari (The Alfas or the Haas' haven't gotten the new hybrid elements) have been able to run more downforce and tweak a few things so it helps with overall performance, but looks like the issues are more in the aero, chassis, tyre management, etc. Am I missing something, or are we really not that far behind in the PU?
Decent? I think its more than decent considering the SF21 is not a low drag design.

The PU hasn't been bad all season and is close if not on par with Honda after the ERS update(the ICE side is where its lacking to Honda and Merc).

Everything else is why the car isn't as quick as Merc/RB.

codetower

JPower wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 01:44
codetower wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 01:10
The Ferraris have some decent speed, it seems. Even the Alfas posted some eye opening speeds this past weekend. It seems to me that the Ferrari PU is not as bad as we've thought. Looks like the issues lie with the SF21 itself, not the PU. With the new ES, aside from better energy recovery, Ferrari (The Alfas or the Haas' haven't gotten the new hybrid elements) have been able to run more downforce and tweak a few things so it helps with overall performance, but looks like the issues are more in the aero, chassis, tyre management, etc. Am I missing something, or are we really not that far behind in the PU?
Decent? I think its more than decent considering the SF21 is not a low drag design.

The PU hasn't been bad all season and is close if not on par with Honda after the ERS update(the ICE side is where its lacking to Honda and Merc).

Everything else is why the car isn't as quick as Merc/RB.
Haha, yes I said “decent”. I was trying to hide some of my enthusiasm for 2022 and beyond.

But in all seriousness, I would agree that it’s probably on par with the Honda, and closer to the Mercedes than we think. Hopefully they get the rest of the car right.

JPower

Good quali session.

Had Leclerc hit his ideal lap, he'd be in P3 instead of Lando. That's the way the cookie crumbles though.

Just need to finish the race in the points, wrap up P3, and get on to 2022.

jumpingfish

JPower wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:26
Good quali session.

Had Leclerc hit his ideal lap, he'd be in P3 instead of Lando. That's the way the cookie crumbles though.

Just need to finish the race in the points, wrap up P3, and get on to 2022.
Probably they focused on the race pace and will calmly finish with good points to celebrate P3 in WCC tomorrow 8)

codetower

Interesting that they chose to start on the softs. Do they feel they can get good life out or the c5's? I think they surely could have made it into q3 on mediums.

LM10

Good performance overall. Especially considering that Ferrari did some testing for next year.

On a different note, I ask myself if Ferrari might have gambled and not manufactured more of the parts which got destroyed in Leclerc's crash last week to avoid further costs. If yes, the crash didn't have any financial impact. Does that make sense?

JPower

That's P3 in the WCC and a P5 and podium for Sainz!!!

jumpingfish

Well done for Sainz :) Remember when everybody said: Oh, poor Sainz, he made a mistake when agreed to join Ferrari

Pany

jumpingfish wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 17:09
Well done for Sainz :) Remember when everybody said: Oh, poor Sainz, he made a mistake when agreed to join Ferrari
Sure i agree. I was never convinced leclerq as golden boy. Lot of talent but mentally....... not a t lewis, alonso, verstappen level. Sainz demonostrate you must use your head first and then grow in the team with humble and team oriented attitude

Pany

jumpingfish wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 17:09
Sure i agree. I was never convinced leclerq as golden boy. Lot of talent but mentally....... not a t lewis, alonso, verstappen level. Sainz demonostrate you must use your head first and then grow in the team with humble and team oriented attitude

JPBD1990

This has been an interesting sideshow between Ferrari championships. I hope next year the warm glow of Ferrari winning leads us to forget this quickly.

JPower

Over the radio post-race...

Leclerc: "not my best race. Thank you anyway."
Binotto: "we're going to have fun next year - you too, you'll see. You were very unlucky this season."

Horner said this pre-race:

LM10

A well deserved P3 in constructors with minimal effort. I'm really happy with how the season went for Ferrari. They've shown an improvement in all aspects of racing. They've kept a cool and serious head and quietly done their homework while the other two big teams fought it out.

Now it's Ferrari's time to step up and I'm confident that we'll see a pretty strong car and performance starting the new era. :)

jumpingfish

Yeah next season Ferrari should have a big advantage with their car to peremptory crush Mercedes, RB, McLaren and other teams so there is not even a thought to challenge the results of the race in the stewards room.

Andres125sx

Impressive Sainz, I´d have never say he´ll beat Lecrerc, let alone in first season in red. Best of the rest with tough contenders, congratulations!