More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
hollus

Re: More Moderators Please

For the record, I count 264 posts in total today Thursday since midnight. That is the last 21h30m for my clock. One post every 4-5 minutes.
Rivals, not enemies.

dans79

hollus wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 22:40
For the record, I count 264 posts in total today Thursday since midnight. That is the last 21h30m for my clock. One post every 4-5 minutes.
Then as has been mentioned several times their should be more of you!
197 104 103 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 22:51
hollus wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 22:40
Then as has been mentioned several times their should be more of you!
It could be seen that several moderators were online in the past 22 hours.
Sometimes several moderators at the same time in different threads. 👍
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

DChemTech wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 22:20
El Scorchio wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 21:35
I must be missing something. Can a mod tell me why my reply to DChemTech on the AD race thread is deleted please? We were having a very civil discourse which surely can’t have offended anyone. And if only my post(s) is deleted shouldn’t his be as well, for obvious reasons?

This deleting of half a perfectly inoffensive, rational and civil ( especially considering a lot of other posts on the same and surrounding pages) conversations is absolutely baffling.
I support you here, was a bit surprised that of all messages, that part got deleted 😅
Cheers! I mean they are practically love notes compared to some stuff that has been flying around in there.

west52keep64

flynfrog wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 04:27
Id say the spread of deleted posts is pretty even among a select 10 or who like one team or another we don't really care what team or driver you like. Maybe if you think your posts are being targeted ask yourself why Ill give you a hint it's not down to what driver you like.
If it really is down to a select 10 or so (I believe you on this!), why are they still here? Surely it's a case of warning them and after a fixed amount of warnings, progressing to banning them for fixed periods of time.

Just_a_fan

I see the Red Bull and Mercedes team threads are full of respective fans discussing the race and strategy. It's all off topic. Surely some steath deleting is in order...?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Stu

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 02:02
I see the Red Bull and Mercedes team threads are full of respective fans discussing the race and strategy. It's all off topic. Surely some steath deleting is in order...?
On several forums Stealth is/has been my user-name in the past, I would gladly resurrect it as a ‘mod’ name and filter some of the irrelevant noise from various threads 😉
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

hollus

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 02:02
Plenty of it going on. But this weekend, with tensions high, there is only one outcome: mods finish the race several laps down.
This whirlwind is the exception rather than the norm.

P.S. I might come up as defensive in this thread, but I agree with its basic premise. More could be helpful.
Rivals, not enemies.

Just_a_fan

Apparently this sort of post is now ok with the mods, well one of them anyway.

viewtopic.php?p=1020790#p1020790

Apparently such nastiness is ok.

Well, just so you know aral et al, if you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind (a very famous chap once said that). If that is ok then similar will also be considered ok. Which is exactly what this thread is trying to prevent, amongst other things.

And the mods wonder why they are accused of bias. :roll:

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 20:11
Apparently this sort of post is now ok with the mods, well one of them anyway.

viewtopic.php?p=1020790#p1020790

Apparently such nastiness is ok.

Well, just so you know aral et al, if you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind (a very famous chap once said that). If that is ok then similar will also be considered ok. Which is exactly what this thread is trying to prevent, amongst other things.

And the mods wonder why they are accused of bias. :roll:
Of course the mods leave it. the mods (some of them) are performing on a level that rivals Michael Masi. It makes it hard to bother coming here when there are such double standards. Like Masi they should be removed from their position immediately. And before anyone mentions its a voluntary position etc etc we have valenteer police officers, yet they still have to perform to a standard and can't let some things go when its against the rules/law. So being a volunteer is no excuse or reason to be crap at your job.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

lets not forget about the constant trolling about "British", "English" bias, that is nothing more antagonistic trolling thats is constantly allowed to stand!
197 104 103 7

hollus

Just a reminder: Normal users do not get to see (to notice) most of what is removed, they do not get to see PMs sent to other people, they do not get to see who gets or doesnt' get a warning and what for, you might even fail to notice who gets a temporary warning. There is Fog of War at play here. Not saying that all is perfect either, but you are watching the soccer match without seeing who gets a yellow or a red card, or goals which were in offside or after a handball. Which is tricky and frustrating, I get that.
Rivals, not enemies.

Just_a_fan

hollus wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 23:01
Just a reminder: Normal users do not get to see (to notice) most of what is removed, they do not get to see PMs sent to other people, they do not get to see who gets or doesnt' get a warning and what for, you might even fail to notice who gets a temporary warning. There is Fog of War at play here. Not saying that all is perfect either, but you are watching the soccer match without seeing who gets a yellow or a red card, or goals which were in offside or after a handball. Which is tricky and frustrating, I get that.
No, but normal users get to see what is being left in place even though it is entirely inappropriate. If such a post is being left, it's reasonable to assume that the associated user is also not being spoken to about such posts.

To continue with your analogy, if you're watching a soccer match and see the ref watch a blatant foul and then not show a card, you have to question the motive of the referee. If the ref missed seeing the foul committed but was shown it immediately afterwards several times from various angles and said "no problem, play on", you have to question the motive of the referee.

The post linked above is simply an off topic, vitriol-filled, hater rant. It should have no place on this forum. Or if it is to be allowed, then expect to deal with very many similar such posts from other users empowered by the mods' decision to allow it to stand. Your choice. Don't moan about being busy if you allow such posts to become normalised.

Big Tea

hollus wrote:
Dont go thinking you are not apricated guys. We know this would not work without you
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dans79

hollus wrote:
Of course we don't see everything, but we can infer some stuff through reasoning. If I report a post for containing racist, xenophobic, or homophonic content and it gets removed I know the moderator acted upon it. However if the user is back posting similar content a few hours to a few days later its safe to assume they didn't get a temporary or long-term ban, nor did they get placed in the moderation queue. We can also assume they didn't get a 3rd board warning!

The Fog of War at goes both ways as well. On many occasions I've seen or heard what a problematic user posted because I was told about it or sent a copy of it (even though it was removed before I could personally read it). In short some users know more than I think the moderators think we do!
197 104 103 7