More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Manoah2u

Re: More Moderators Please

Wouter wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 20:52
Over the past 15-20 years, I have been active on various worldwide forums, including non-F1 related forums.
There was no mention of the moderators at all, let alone any criticism of the moderators!
If someone did it once, that post was removed, because one should PM a moderator if you don't like something.

I myself have occasionally been a bit "angry" with a moderator and then I sent a PM to discuss it together, without the interference of the other members.
What I read about criticism here goes beyond all limits. It's always the same people who do that, probably in the hopes that their fellow fans will join in and start posting too, which is indeed happening here. "Together we are stronger."
Always the same people here complaining and whining. Why not just PM the moderators what's bothering you?
it's also always the same people praising and worshipping #33, and keep spamming certain threads. =D>

also, if moderating is done properly, nobody would bat an eye or note it. if the police stand next to a burglar, and the victim of that burglar shows he has been robbed by that one, and the police act accordingly, you'd never read or hear about it. if the police however stand there, see it, get adressed, 'investigate', see the stolen goods, and then do nothing about it - perhaps because they're even friends - then you will read all about that, rightfully so.

would you accept it as nothing if your car gets vandalized in front of a police station, and the police state they have investigated the matter and then they destroy all evidence and tell you to shut up about it?

and it's funny about 'together we stand' as there are members with dual accounts doing just that.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 14 Dec 2021, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

A while back i reported a user for having an animated avatar of two stick figures having sex, and nothing was ever done about it.
197 104 103 7

dans79

Wouter wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 20:52
Why not just PM the moderators what's bothering you?
Because i can tell you on numerous occasions I have reported something that's was a blatant violation of the forum rules and nothing was done about it, until I Contacted Steven directly, or made a public stink about it!
197 104 103 7

proteus

dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 20:57
A while back i reported a user for having an animated avatar of two stick figures having sex, and nothing was ever done about it.
Do you really get offended so easily? Two stick figures...having sex...dear sir forget about moderators, you should have called the police :lol:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Manoah2u

proteus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 21:11
dans79 wrote:
Do you really get offended so easily? Two stick figures...having sex...dear sir we should have called the police :lol:
in a board where many times in the past using certain words gets moderated, i agree on his stance.
Sky for example apologies to the viewers many times for words that drivers and teams use during the race or directly post-race celebrating for example, or ranting.

this has been the case many times where many words have been moderated or standard get filtered/need moderator approval.

so he has a point. otherwise, again, it shows bias, and above all - do you think thats appropriate in a technical forum, where perhaps minors also come to read and learn?

or is this board supposed to be just as loathsome as the general reddit crowd? if that is the case, then why bother here and not stay at reddit? where stuff like that 'belongs'
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

dans79

proteus wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Do you really get offended so easily? Two stick figures...having sex...dear sir forget about moderators, you should have called the police :lol:
its against the forum rules pure and simple!
197 104 103 7

Manoah2u

dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 21:17
proteus wrote:
dans79 wrote:
its against the forum rules pure and simple!
* Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.
* Spam is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes posting abusive text, images or links.

dans79

xenophobic comments such as this, (that I just reported), are good example of how i think the moderators are failing.

"That lawyer is from the UK he is clearly biased. "

The user in question had made comments like this all season long. Most of them have been removed, but since he continuous to make them, he either isn't punished in any way, or doesn't care about the punishment (so it should probably be stronger).
197 104 103 7

hollus

Dans:

If we look at a report and remove it without explanation, we get bashed for not giving explanations.

Now I just sent you a PM with an explanation of why I was not removing that particular post (UK vs Holland, not xenophobia in my opinion), and you come in public bashing us.

So which one is it? Are explanations welcome or not? (Same applies to deleted posts, can you imagine the amount of fight back one gets if one explains the deletion?)
BTW, huuuuge thanks to the 50% or so of users that respond positively (agreeing or not, but civil) to such feedback when we bother (have time!) to explain when removing posts.
Rivals, not enemies.

dans79

hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:01
Now I just sent you a PM with an explanation of why I was not removing that particular post (UK vs Holland, not xenophobia in my opinion), and you come in public bashing us.

So which one is it? Are explanations welcome or not? (Same applies to deleted posts, can you imagine the amount of fight back one gets if one explains the deletion?)
I have no issue with with explanations, but simply put i believe your explanation/justification is wrong, hence why i have cced Steven in my response.

xenophobia - dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

The forum rule in question:
Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster.
197 104 103 7

hollus

He called the lawyer biased, not ugly. And used nationality as a likely source of bias. That's how I see it.
Rivals, not enemies.

101FlyingDutchman

Same Hollus. I think you got that spot on.

dans79

hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:08
He called the lawyer biased, not ugly. And used nationality as a likely source of bias. That's how I see it.
So to be clear, You are perfectly fine with using a person's nationally as justification for invalidating said individuals personal or professional opinion because they must be biased because of their nationality?
197 104 103 7

101FlyingDutchman

dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:34
hollus wrote:
So to be clear, You are perfectly fine with using a person's nationally as justification for invalidating said individuals personal or professional opinion because they must be biased because of their nationality?
Why not? Just someone’s opinion isn’t it. Doesn’t make it the right opinion most likely. As its suitably narrow minded but stranger things have happened?
It’s like people assume I’m a Max fan just because I’m Dutch and tailor their responses accordingly on here. Should I take offence, because obviously its wrong? I don’t think so, Just another persons “blinkered” view.

dans79

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:38
dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:34
hollus wrote:
Why not? Just someone’s opinion isn’t it. Doesn’t make it the right opinion most likely. As its suitably narrow minded but stranger things have happened?
It’s like people assume I’m a Max fan just because I’m Dutch and tailor their responses accordingly on here. Should I take offence, because obviously its wrong? I don’t think so, Just another persons “blinkered” view.
The question is should they be allowed to do it! If yes then the forum rules need amended, because "British" is used to justify lots of posts now!

Am I allowed to slag off the vast majority of the forum members because they are form the EU, and face no repercussions, for doing so?
197 104 103 7