Co-founder of Lotus Hazel Chapman dies aged 94

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Marty_Y

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/co-fo ... 4/6885056/

Gary Watkins 1 hour ago

bigblue

Re: Co-founder of Lotus Hazel Chapman dies aged 94

Oh no ! The cars that got me into cars ("What is that !!!??? Hmm, says 'Lotus Esprit' on the back"). Then F1 (That guy in the black car seems really good. Wait, that's a Lotus as well ! I'm hooked."). But they had a lot of trouble with those damn Williams cars. Probably because of those Japanese Honda engines. "God those guys are good at engines !". So a couple of years later the holy trinity was together : Lotus, Senna, Honda. I couldn't be happier !

So, no more Hazel Chapman, Frank Williams, Murray Walker ... it's sad, but they contributed so much. Senna, Colin Chapman and Soichiro Honda went some time ago. But thanks all for intriguing, enthralling, and entertaining me. I'm a lifelong fan, and now follow every twist and turn, technical innovation (as far as I can understand it), and, of course, scandal ! Good lives lived.

Just_a_fan

Re: Co-founder of Lotus Hazel Chapman dies aged 94

The very essence of the saying that behind every successful man is a strong woman. What a team they were and what a team and legacy they created.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.