Abu Dhabi young driver test

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
fritticaldi

Abu Dhabi young driver test

Today Dutchman, Nyck de Vries posted the quickest time and his lap times were identical to Valterri Bottas and very close to Hamilton's. Its a shame the Dutchman isnt a full time Mercedes driver because he definately has the talent to be there. Hamilton will be 37 years old in a few weeks and the end of the road is nearing.

IshF1Guy

Re: Abu Dhabi young driver test

I didn't know who was driving the #21 car until I read this post. I took pictures of all the cars that were testing on both Tuesday & Wednesday. Lots of unfamiliar numbers & helmet designs to research now.

maximusfuadius

fritticaldi wrote:Today Dutchman, Nyck de Vries posted the quickest time and his lap times were identical to Valterri Bottas and very close to Hamilton's. Its a shame the Dutchman isnt a full time Mercedes driver because he definately has the talent to be there. Hamilton will be 37 years old in a few weeks and the end of the road is nearing.
Hamilton is 37 years old but he's still at the top tier of F1 lots of other young drivers are not making the grade as they get their chance so maybe Nick could replace one of those

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Just_a_fan

fritticaldi wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 21:22
Today Dutchman, Nyck de Vries posted the quickest time and his lap times were identical to Valterri Bottas and very close to Hamilton's. Its a shame the Dutchman isnt a full time Mercedes driver because he definately has the talent to be there. Hamilton will be 37 years old in a few weeks and the end of the road is nearing.
Perhaps Red Bull could take him on. He and Max would be the "Dutch Duo" which Liberty et al would love from a marketing perspective. Imagine the possibilities...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 18:22
fritticaldi wrote:
Perhaps Red Bull could take him on. He and Max would be the "Dutch Duo" which Liberty et al would love from a marketing perspective. Imagine the possibilities...
Not sure being the RBR second driver is a good seat for anyone young with aspirations of making it long term in the sport. Much better seat for someone on the back end of their career.

I’m sure Mercedes would quite like to split the Dutch fan base a little as well.

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
fritticaldi wrote:
They may need an AlphaTauri replacement for Gasley when he moves to Williams RedBull in 2023...🤣

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 19:11
Just_a_fan wrote:
fritticaldi wrote:
They may need an AlphaTauri replacement for Gasley when he moves to Williams RedBull in 2023...🤣
:lol:

Just_a_fan

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 19:10
Just_a_fan wrote:
fritticaldi wrote:
Not sure being the RBR second driver is a good seat for anyone young with aspirations of making it long term in the sport. Much better seat for someone on the back end of their career.

I’m sure Mercedes would quite like to split the Dutch fan base a little as well.
Yeah, any driver wanting to progress needs to be in a team that supports both drivers. So maybe Mercedes would be a good call when Hamilton retires.

adrianjordan

Surely the obvious place for a Dutch driver would be in an orange car.... 😉
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 19:55
El Scorchio wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 19:10
Just_a_fan wrote:

Yeah, any driver wanting to progress needs to be in a team that supports both drivers. So maybe Mercedes would be a good call when Hamilton retires.
( I was surprised when I just looked up, but) The population of Netherlands is less than 18 million, and they ALL follow Max. It would not seem profitable to try to muscle in there :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.