2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I dont think the information is very useful. And even if it were. It may take a whole department to decipher and correlate it to the 2022. Which is resources that f1 teams dont have the luxury of with budget cuts and time limitations.
The ground effects cars will still follow the same design principles of today's cars, just more downforce. There may be more impact on the mechanical design as well. I think the mechanicals; suspension etc can be a perfornance differentiator with next years cars.
Keeping that ground effect platform in the sweet spot consistently will be key.
For Sure!!

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 22:54
If I were RBR, having Honda as a partner, I'd be getting setup data from all the Honda powered Indy car teams. Current gen Indy cars are ground effect cars and from their introduction, until now, they've developed the car's setup quite a bit. There has to be some useful information there seeing as next year's cars are also ground effect cars. GM's partnership with Honda could possibly make it even easier to get setup data from different teams. The only other team with an Indy car program is McLaren, but they only have the one squad vs how many GM and Honda powered cars.
There was some talk of McLaren rotating in some of their setup guys from Indy into F1. I just blew it off as being exaggerated. That the overlap between an Indy car and any F1 car would be narrow. It like taking the Merc team(including drivers) and giving them the RBR 2021car (or Visa versa)and going out racing. It's gonna take months for the merc team to get the most out of the car.

ispano6

diffuser wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 18:21
Juzh wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 12:33
diffuser wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 07:59

Nope beginning of the year.

https://racer.com/2021/07/02/honda-exp ... pu-gains/
No. #-o

Honda introduced new energy store after summer break.

Officially confirmed by honda themselves, along with a bunch of other articles from other publications
https://honda.racing/f1/post/new-energy-store-f1

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/the- ... een-using/
Guess you are right. They did release a new battery version. Technicly that is part of the PU.

Doudt that made any differance on the straights though. It probably allowed for more ballast to be used. MIGHT have helped with balance at some tracks.
Yes I am right and it did make a difference. It upgraded the battery cell technology to replace what was used since 2015.

On a separate note, I recall Honda were not allowed to use a certain means of energy recovery after it having been approved earlier. Was in Austria 2019 I believe?

ispano6

godlameroso wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 22:54
If I were RBR, having Honda as a partner, I'd be getting setup data from all the Honda powered Indy car teams. Current gen Indy cars are ground effect cars and from their introduction, until now, they've developed the car's setup quite a bit. There has to be some useful information there seeing as next year's cars are also ground effect cars. GM's partnership with Honda could possibly make it even easier to get setup data from different teams. The only other team with an Indy car program is McLaren, but they only have the one squad vs how many GM and Honda powered cars.
It certainly could help with cooling and exhaust gazes. RedBull probably have their own philosophy they want to go with. Maybe even bring two different philosophies to the test and of course not show their hand until later in the tests. Might get to see some new test liveries too.

hkbruin

A small clip of post Abu Dhabi festivities. Cool to see the entire Red Bull and Alpha Tauri teams interact with each other.

Ryar

To whomsoever it may concern.... :lol:

https://racingnews365.com/norris-versta ... e-best-car

Norris: Verstappen won the title without the best car
"I congratulate him [Verstappen] for what he's done this season because I don't believe he's had the better car this season," Norris told media, including RacingNews365.com.

"I think the Mercedes has been the better car throughout the majority of the season and Max has been more unlucky and I think made less mistakes as a driver.
Hakuna Matata!

diffuser

ispano6 wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 09:07
diffuser wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 18:21
Juzh wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 12:33

No. #-o

Honda introduced new energy store after summer break.

Officially confirmed by honda themselves, along with a bunch of other articles from other publications
https://honda.racing/f1/post/new-energy-store-f1

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/the- ... een-using/
Guess you are right. They did release a new battery version. Technicly that is part of the PU.

Doudt that made any differance on the straights though. It probably allowed for more ballast to be used. MIGHT have helped with balance at some tracks.
Yes I am right and it did make a difference. It upgraded the battery cell technology to replace what was used since 2015.

On a separate note, I recall Honda were not allowed to use a certain means of energy recovery after it having been approved earlier. Was in Austria 2019 I believe?
Not the kind of difference you'd associate with a PU upgrade.

PlatinumZealot

I get the sense that this is not the situation that Honda wanted to win under, you know the whole honour thing, but they will take it never the less.

The Bushido way of achieving victory was only through upholding honour. This is not just a samuraithing, organizations still use it as a guide. I can imagine Honda may contemplate saying next year to maks things right in their concience.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Ryar wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 12:32

"I congratulate him [Verstappen] for what he's done this season because I don't believe he's had the better car this season," Norris told media, including RacingNews365.com.

"I think the Mercedes has been the better car throughout the majority of the season and Max has been more unlucky and I think made less mistakes as a driver.
Oh a comment from his friend who has no clue and was just focusing on his job. How sweet. :|
The stats says otherwise Ryar.
You can count the race wins yourself. Max did not win a race he was not supposed to.
He has led the most laps and that literally tells you which car was fastest over all the laps in the season. And then the matter on if he won the chamionship on his own is still debated.
athe FIA has put up his 5 best wins of the season. I tend to agree with their selection.
And those wins i think were pretty much par for the course. His best drive for me is Zandvoort because the car was better but it was still a close race.
The rest were all expected wins.
Most dominant wins were in Austria.
Dont think he had any wins driving the "slower" car according to you.
For Sure!!

Ryar

ringo wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 14:44
Ryar wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 12:32

Oh a comment from his friend who has no clue and was just focusing on his job. How sweet. :|
The stats says otherwise Ryar.
You can count the race wins yourself. Max did not win a race he was not supposed to.
He has led the most laps and that literally tells you which car was fastest over all the laps in the season. And then the matter on if he won the chamionship on his own is still debated.
athe FIA has put up his 5 best wins of the season. I tend to agree with their selection.
And those wins i think were pretty much par for the course. His best drive for me is Zandvoort because the car was better but it was still a close race.
The rest were all expected wins.
Most dominant wins were in Austria.
Dont think he had any wins driving the "slower" car according to you.
10 poles to Red Bull Vs 9 Poles to Mercedes
11 Wins to Red Bull Vs 9 Wins to Mercedes

Lewis hasn't been the same qualifier that he used to be, which is evident with him losing qualifying so many times to Bottas. In some places, it has been argued that, Lewis sets up car more for races, which is probably true with the kind of pace the car generally has in races. So, qualifying is not a true representation of the car's pace, atleast in Lewis' hands. Max obviously, at this stage of his career, a better qualifier than Lewis.

In races, obviously, a lot of things were messed up by Lewis and the team. Imola (poor start despite pole and beaching), Baku (opportunity missed), Monaco (poor weekend for Lewis, despite Bottas being less than half a tenth behind Max), Hungary (poor strategy and stuck behind Alonso), Italy (poor quali for Lewis, strategy + pit stop blunder). With that as a context, stats could have looked very different. I guess that is why, Norris thinks Mercedes had the faster car.
Hakuna Matata!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

LionKing

Verstappen was too fast and too good for Hamilton this year. This season was one of the best I have seen from a driver for a long time.

Wouter

Max was on Servus TV last night, but it is geoblockt. @Tami posted this:

Max, you said let's do this for the next 15 years. Has Helmut already prepared the contract?

Helmut Marko: "Max's words haven't quite reached his management yet." "We are discussing that right now."

Max, you said you wouldn't get into a Mercedes, you'd rather call a cab.

Max: "I didn't say that, no no no .

Helmut how much have aged in the last lap?

Max: "He has become younger now!"
Helmut Marko (laughs): "Yeah now but the laps before..."
Helmut Marko: Sorry, what was that slide in the last turn for?
Max: "That was for you!"
Marko: "Thanks"

Max said on ServusTV that he partied hard on Sunday and then again on Tuesday! When they displayed his videos, he shook his head.

ServusTV: You don't recognize yourself?

Max: "Yeah, exactly."

They also showed the Toto party videos to Max and Helmut Marko but they didn't comment on that.

Max when he saw the video of his first time at ServusTV: "Baby face!"

You said you will use car number 1 next year!

Max: "It is the best number."
Even if the marketing team says that 33 is better?
Max: "It is better for marketing."
Then you have to defend the title.
Max: "Yes, I will try. But number 1 also looks nicer on the car."

What will the title do to you? Does it have any influence on next year? Will you be more relaxed?

Max: "It's always difficult to say now. Of course after the title I was already calmed down. My dream was always to become worldchampion, everything that comes now is a bonus."
Max: "But I think when l'm back in the first race, l'd like to win again. If I have a fast car, I will do that."
Marko: But it doesn't have to be this intense again...
Max: "No, no, with two/three races remaining."

The Power of Dreams!

mstar

LionKing wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 16:29
Verstappen was too fast and too good for Hamilton this year. This season was one of the best I have seen from a driver for a long time.
Well as Newey said RB should of wrapped up the title before Jeddah, as he thinks overall they had the best package. Lewis TBH kept the title fight alive and lets be honest was winning in abu dhabi on pure pace. So we can't really say Max was too fast, too good can we, as lewis came on so strong in the last 4 races?

Ryar

mstar wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 19:10
LionKing wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 16:29
Well as Newey said RB should of wrapped up the title before Jeddah, as he thinks overall they had the best package. Lewis TBH kept the title fight alive and lets be honest was winning in abu dhabi on pure pace. So we can't really say Max was too fast, too good can we, as lewis came on so strong in the last 4 races?
I wonder why Lewis couldn't be that strong earlier than last 4 races?
I wonder if Abu Dhabi was 11th race of the season and Hungary would have been the last? How would the emotions looked?
People have short memory to forget the misfortunes and misery piled on Max by Mercedes drivers, which gave the opportunity in the first place for Lewis to have a chance till the last race. People say, Lewis was robbed in Abu Dhabi. Well, it was robbed twice from Max, just that it was mid season, people forgot.
Hakuna Matata!