2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sainrishab

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Great! this is helpful, thanks for sharing.

JPower

Joe Saward is saying we should have an announcement concerning Jean Todt sooner rather than later.

Good news IMO.

Macklaren

Ferrari seems to be in the best position off-track in decades and on-track momentum is strong as well. They should stop tinkering with mgmt. and just keep doing what they are doing for a change.

Schippke

Macklaren wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 17:09
Ferrari seems to be in the best position off-track in decades and on-track momentum is strong as well. They should stop tinkering with mgmt. and just keep doing what they are doing for a change.
If this is regarding the potentials signing of Jean Tobt, then I fail to see how this can be anything other than a good thing. He wouldn't be replacing Binotto or anything along those lines it would seem... mainly an advisory type of role, which maybe able to further bolster the team even more so.

Don't forget that he has come from, what is essentially head of the FIA... so any insider knowledge about the inner workings of that, plus what they can/cannot do and potentially get away with, should not be underestimated.

I'm actually surprised none of the teams have seemingly raised an alarm over it... though if it ends up happening, I'm sure they'll speak up sooner rather than later!

Zynerji

Ferrari CEO wouldn't be of the table, I feel.

PlatinumZealot

There has been a huge political vacuum above the teams that Wolff has tried to fill but unsuccessfully. If Todt returns it would put Ferrari straight to the top of the food chain again - direct influence on the FIA again. Is this where we want to go,?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Ryar

Jean Todt is probably a replacement for Louis Camilleri's position, which is the top most position at Ferrari, once held by Luca di Montezemolo, encompassing both Racing and Road car business. Potentially reporting to John Elkann, chairman of FIAT.
Hakuna Matata!

Ced
Ced

Ryar wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 04:53
Jean Todt is probably a replacement for Louis Camilleri's position, which is the top most position at Ferrari, once held by Luca di Montezemolo, encompassing both Racing and Road car business. Potentially reporting to John Elkann, chairman of FIAT.
Don't think so. Rather as technical advisor "à la" Niki Lauda with mercedes

thetruth

Ryar wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 04:53
I think that position has been covered by Benedetto Vigna recently.

IMHO, you need to consider that Vigna background has nothing to do with F1, but more with electrification challenge regarding the Ferrari Group.

Vigna’s poor F1 knowledge is where Jean Todt “super consultant” role may step in.

Big Tea

Todt is 77, he must be near his 'feet up time' so probably more likely to be in a consulting or lobbying role. More an influencer than an actual full time position I would think.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

jumpingfish

Joe Saward about Jean Todt :(
when Ferrari announced management changes yesterday, without mentioning Todt, it got me thinking. If they haven’t announced anything now, is the story right? I asked around but no-one knew for sure. The original story still looked OK. Eventually, I spoke to a source deep inside Ferrari, or rather the source spoke to me. It was a friendly warning. “Go easy on the JT stories,” the source said. “I don’t think it is going to happen. If you’d ask me before the Christmas break, I’d have said 100 percent, it’s happening, but things have changed. I don’t know why – and I don’t think the deal is going to happen.”
We’ll see what happens next but I think Jean may have concluded that he wants to play at the UN level rather than revisiting old haunts – and old achievements. Was there talk? No question. Was a deal close? I suspect it may have been. Will it happen? No, probably not…
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2022/01 ... -on-we-go/

CMSMJ1

I cannot see what value he would add. Ferrari need to go forwards and use new ideas, new people to do it.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Andres125sx

With these jumps from a private team to FIA, and then to the private team again all from one season to the next without any dead time inbetween, I can see people using the term Fiarrari again

None with inside knowledge of the governing statement should be allowed to change to a private team without a minimal time lapse in between. Caesar's wife must not just be honourable, but must appear to be

But if none care or protest, then great for Ferrari, surely someone with friends inside FIA and reliable knowledge about what they know and they don´t will be good for the team

Jolle

Maybe the announced FIA investigation has scared some people off for the time being.