Post rating system changes

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
AeroDynamic

Re: Post rating system changes

:lol: this is excellent. This is How it should have always been.

Now, people can actually freely roam more threads and share their perspectives without being punished by the dogmatic fans in the form of downvotes.

See you all in the team threads! :mrgreen:

siskue2005

AeroDynamic wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 20:36

Now, people can actually freely roam more threads and share their perspectives without being punished by the dogmatic fans in the form of downvotes.

agree :D

AeroDynamic

siskue2005 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:31
This is great news
I have been pestering mods for a long time to take a look at all kinds of agreement up votes which happens in particular groups where they agree which each other and keep on upcoming to inflate their rating and then downvoting anyone who dares to have a different opinion...... and I too then started doing the same, but to not that extent.. but now this is great news... look at some of the ratings it's gone from 700, 800 to just 100 :P

Mine came down from 200 to low 100s which is about the right for me i would imagine.
Great work mods
Congrats, this change has impacted your experience here going way further back than mine as my history is mostly a lurker until this season.

I have checked two members I’m curious about and their ratings have dropped between 70-80% now.

I lost a similar percent but I have only been active here for 2 months, after most development had ended in a season where cars were mostly froze. :? Yet some peoples ratings is now lower than my own. Seems strange.

siskue2005

Wouter wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 14:49
SiLo wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 13:13
Wouter wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 11:04
The "General Honda F1 Topic" doesn't appear to be a technical topic, but quite a lot of technically valuable stuff has been posted there in recent years by Japanese members, but especially by Honda's @Wazari, who updated us on the situation/upgrades, etc of the Honda PU in both General and Technical Honda topics. This topic should be part of the technical section, because there are really a lot of technical posts in it. Is this possible to move this to a technical section?
If people care so much about their rating, maybe they can care a little bit about where they are posting technical content.
My point is that @Wazari has posted a lot of important technical stuff about the Honda PU in the General Honda topic, when people were asking him to do so. He got a lot of upvotes for that, so other members can see that he posted reliable technical information, because that's the intention of this new system, isn't it?
If that General topic is not placed in a technical section, a lot of his upvotes will expire and people will take his posts less seriously. It's not about MY votes btw, it's about @Wazari's votes.

I just had a look in General Honda Topic , it has like 775 votes :shock: :shock: ánd 250 pages with 90% agreement upvotes. I guess mods have not reached in that section yet to delete every votes... i hope they do delete them aswell, otherwise it wouldn't be fair as other similar topics have been deleted

Marty_Y

siskue2005 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 22:26
Wouter wrote:
SiLo wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 13:13

If people care so much about their rating, maybe they can care a little bit about where they are posting technical content.
My point is that @Wazari has posted a lot of important technical stuff about the Honda PU in the General Honda topic, when people were asking him to do so. He got a lot of upvotes for that, so other members can see that he posted reliable technical information, because that's the intention of this new system, isn't it?
If that General topic is not placed in a technical section, a lot of his upvotes will expire and people will take his posts less seriously. It's not about MY votes btw, it's about @Wazari's votes.

I just had a look in General Honda Topic , it has like 775 votes :shock: :shock: ánd 250 pages with 90% agreement upvotes. I guess mods have not reached in that section yet to delete every votes... i hope they do delete them aswell, otherwise it wouldn't be fair as other similar topics have been deleted
Agreed, also from reading the first post in that thread, is the thread still relevant? Honda have left F1 now.

siskue2005

Marty_Y wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 22:39
siskue2005 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Agreed, also from reading the first post in that thread, is the thread still relevant? Honda have left F1 now.
The thread is still relevant as Honda has not completely left F1, their engine is still used by redbull for 2022 to 2025. It is fully funded by Honda and their engineers are still working in F1.. so the thread is relevant

dans79

siskue2005 wrote:
I just finished scrolling through the voting history of the thread, and i have to agree it has a lot of rah-rah, and lets pat each other on the back posts that got multiple upvotes. And i'm seeing many posts that aren't even related to F1, like conversations involving civic's. In general few posts got upvoted because of technical merit!

I won't link to any here, but it the modes want some examples i can share them privately with them.
197 104 103 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 23:24
siskue2005 wrote:
I just finished scrolling through the voting history of the thread, and i have to agree it has a lot of rah-rah, and lets pat each other on the back posts that got multiple upvotes. And i'm seeing many posts that aren't even related to F1, like conversations involving civic's. In general few posts got upvoted because of technical merit!

I won't link to any here, but it the modes want some examples i can share them privately with them.
And here we go again! It's winter break, let's make the General Honda F1 topic look bad!
That you have/take the time to "just" watch 750 votes and the corresponding messages to make things look bad. Wow!

I have really enjoyed the years Honda has been in F1 and I am very sad that they are no longer in it,
but I can imagine Mercedes fans think differently. :)
The Power of Dreams!

siskue2005

Wouter wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 00:04
dans79 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 23:24
siskue2005 wrote:

And here we go again! It's winter break, let's make the General Honda F1 topic look bad!
That you have/take the time to "just" watch 750 votes and the corresponding messages to make things look bad. Wow!

I have really enjoyed the years Honda has been in F1 and I am very sad that they are no longer in it,
but I can imagine Mercedes fans think differently. :)
The general honda topic as I have seen is not a technical post, there are like very few posts like that...and most of the upvotes are not even f1 related.. Yes I have gone through every page since yesterday.
if that thread's upvote is maintained then I think every team thread's upvotes should be reinstated as there are also many many technical posts in the team threads aswell.

AeroDynamic

Wouter wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 00:04
What are you trying to say about him with this comment?

turbof1

While we appreciate the feedback, in the case of deciding which topics are technical or not, the council group are the sole ones deciding on this. It is clear deciding one way or another is always going to leave some people unhappy. So in this case, to avoid anyone making accusations of bias, the moderators have to decide on their own and we are very likely to avoid commenting any further on the matter until we have round up the work.

Note this reply is not an indication what we will actually do. We will take our time with the more grey areas to decide. We will do what is best for the boards.
#AeroFrodo

Zynerji

AeroDynamic wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 20:36

Nah. I still get downvoted for being "hostile and primitive" for promoting a superfuel in F1... 🙄

Nothing here changed...😪

AeroDynamic

turbof1 wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 01:09
While we appreciate the feedback, in the case of deciding which topics are technical or not, the council group are the sole ones deciding on this. It is clear deciding one way or another is always going to leave some people unhappy. So in this case, to avoid anyone making accusations of bias, the moderators have to decide on their own and we are very likely to avoid commenting any further on the matter until we have round up the work.

Note this reply is not an indication what we will actually do. We will take our time with the more grey areas to decide. We will do what is best for the boards.

Honda topic is mostly made up of less technical posts. There will be exceptions (like the team and race threads) but that doesn’t make it any different when you quantify how much collateral damage there is against the smaller amount of technical posts within these threads. Honda one should be no exception on that basis.

If some one can quantify factually that there is more technically valued posts in there by a sizeable margin than the other threads, then maybe there’s a leg to stand on to not apply the new measures against fan voting

Steven
Owner

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 01:15
Nah. I still get downvoted for being "hostile and primitive" for promoting a superfuel in F1... 🙄
Nothing here changed...😪
So you're complaining you got a downvote for this:??
Zynerji wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 04:45
Meh. It's car racing.
Nitromethane and stfu.
Ok, nothing to see here. Moving on :roll:

Also, the Honda General topic... the only person who could really come complain about vote removal there is ispano, who shared and translated some very valuable Japanese articles. The rest pretty much falls into the back tapping and agreement category (just like what was happening in the team threads btw).
Stunning how some people find the need to make this an argument here again...

NathanE

Sounds like a very sensible approach, thank you for the time it must take to sort out the implementation.