Book idea.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
coaster

Book idea.

So often it comes to mind, whatever happened to 'so and so' driver?
Seb Buemi?
Tarso Marquez?
Zsolt Baumgartner?
Jarno Trulli?
And on the list goes, could somebody please compile a book with a chapter devoted to each of the lost drivers?
Their early hopes?
Their challenges?
Their new lives post f1?
Maybe some forum members could chime in with a lost driver suggestion?

Maybe a mix of interviews, biographical and auto biographical.

adrianjordan

Re: Book idea.

In the age of Google and Wikipedia, do you really think this would make for a successful book??

A vlog on The Race or similar maybe, but a book???
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

El Scorchio

It depends if any of them are interesting enough to be able to fill a book with stories and memories. For instance I read the one about Tommy Byrne (Crashed and Byrned) which was pretty interesting although a good deal of the book is taken up by him rubbishing Senna and claiming he’s the greatest driver who ever lived and that he was only held back by luck and circumstance from being a 20x WDC. It smacks of bitterness.

While I think I would quite suit a blog format, a book with the stories of 20 or so such drivers would probably be a good read and I’d probably buy it. Especially if it were written and woven together cleverly by the likes of Michael Lewis who is a quite brilliant writer- of ‘the big short’ ‘the blindside’ and ‘moneyball’ fame. He has a superb talent for weaving small seemingly unconnected personal stories all together to contribute to an overlying theme or narrative. I’d encourage everyone to read some of his stuff.

Jolle

I think a book like that would be aimed at motorsport fans and those follow more than just F1. Most of the "lost" drivers are followed in the other racing series by these fans.

Stu

It has got Motorsport Podcast written all over!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.