2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stan_french

2022 Alpine F1 Team

Hey everyone,

Just launched this thread to talk about the Alpine 2022 f1 team. From driver line up to organisational changes, critique and hype, bring it on!

Gilles27Kimi7

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Budkowski leaves the team with immediate effect

MV8
MV8

Not good news to be honest
Just posting

wogx

Budkowski going to Aston Martin/FIA?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

SmallSoldier

This would open the door for Otmar to join Alpine as rumored, nevertheless so many leadership changes in such a short period of time doesn’t bring stability to the Team

BassVirolla

I start to suspect that Renault board doesn't give enough freedom / decision capability to the F1 team, and nobody's able (nor want) to direct an F1 team properly under such control.

I don't have any facts to support that, but it's my gut feeling.

peewon

The initial reports about Otmar mentioned Budkowski could be moving to AM. AM probably offered a lot more money as that seems to be Stroll's modus operandi. Not thrilled about this to be honest.

wogx

Team photo from Abu Dhabi, interesting...
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:50
The initial reports about Otmar mentioned Budkowski could be moving to AM. AM probably offered a lot more money as that seems to be Stroll's modus operandi. Not thrilled about this to be honest.
AM did hire young Stroll and Vettel as drivers. I hope Otmar had nothing to do with that. For me Budkowski for Otmar is a straight up. Budkowski is better with the media though. At the end of the day they're both Managers. I would like to have Fallows though. IF you look at what Otmar did prior to to Stroll, you'd have thought he was pretty good at what he did.

diffuser

BassVirolla wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 20:10
I start to suspect that Renault board doesn't give enough freedom / decision capability to the F1 team, and nobody's able (nor want) to direct an F1 team properly under such control.

I don't have any facts to support that, but it's my gut feeling.
Everyone at Alpine answer to Laurent Rossi chief executive officer at Automobiles Alpine and Alpine F1 Team. .

peewon

UNSUBSTANTIAED murmurs from around the team suggest this was a Rossi hatchet job. What reason? No idea. But word is that Rossi is in over his head at this role and a major liability. Will eventually get found out. Could be just from people sympathetic to Budkowski.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:19
UNSUBSTANTIAED murmurs from around the team suggest this was a Rossi hatchet job. What reason? No idea. But word is that Rossi is in over his head at this role and a major liability. Will eventually get found out. Could be just from people sympathetic to Budkowski.
Hiring Otmar wouldn't be a outrageous move.

Scalexf1

Safe pair of hands springs to mind.

diffuser

Plus Alpine is ahead of alot of these midfield folks in many areas (except on the track).

Their infrastructure(wind Tunnel, etc) is all ready. They're kind of waiting for all the kids they've hired to mature. I Presume we'll continue to see promotion from within. We'll see though.

peewon

diffuser wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 15:15
peewon wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:19
Hiring Otmar wouldn't be a outrageous move.
Disclaimer: this could very well prove to be complete hearsay but since the rumor about Budkowski and Otmar(probably) was proven to be true, I thought this tidbit was also worth throwing out. It may but something to watch out for as a possible reason if Alpine doesn't progress.

Nothing to do with Otmar in particular. This is from piecing together some rumblings from someone possibly from Piastri's camp (but definitely plugged in with junior series) about how Rossi impulsively gave Ocon that contract extension and in general lacks accountability. Then there was similar stuff about Budkowski being unceremoniously let go which also gets credence from the picture.

Definitely could be coming from massively biased sources (hopefully), but something to keep an eye on and revisit if things dont go well.