2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

WCC: 🏆 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013

Team: 🇦🇹 Red Bull Racing
Base: 🇬🇧 Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

Team principal: Christian Horner
Technical director(s): Pierre Waché, Adrian Newey (Chief Technical Officer)

Race drivers:
🇳🇱 Max VERSTAPPEN 1
🇲🇽 Sergio PÉREZ 11

Chassis: RB18
Engine: *Red Bull Powertrains (Honda V6 Turbo)

This thread is to discuss the 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 TEAM

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Table of Contents
Use the following hyperlinks as a convenient shortcut to specific discussions as they happened

● Livery and Sponsor Launch of the RB18 [February 9th, 2022]
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 10 Feb 2022, 01:19, edited 23 times in total.

Wouter

Re: 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AeroDynamic wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:05
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 1_logo.png

WCC: 🏆 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
Team: 🇦🇹 Red Bull Racing
Base: 🇬🇧 Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

Team principal: Christian Horner
Technical director(s): Pierre Waché, Adrian Newey (Chief Technical Officer)

Race drivers:
1 🇳🇱 Max Verstappen
11 🇲🇽 Sergio Pérez

Chassis: RB__
Engine: Honda V6 Turbo

This thread is to discuss the 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 TEAM
The car is the RB18 and the engine isn't called Honda.

Why do you write this below the RBR thread?

cause
When we rhyme–we shine,
showing no weak signs
Each time you peep,
rewind these deep lines
I know I’m,
in a zone of my own kind
so I just get down,
and I go for mines.
The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

Wouter wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 15:07

Please advise; should we wait for a new thread under the new engine branding or will they rename that thread? What is the official name going to be for the Red Bull engine? Unless we have updated information to update it to, it is pending. Is RB18 official?

Wouter wrote:

cause
When we rhyme–we shine,
showing no weak signs
Each time you peep,
rewind these deep lines
I know I’m,
in a zone of my own kind
so I just get down,
and I go for mines.
‘Cause I’m bad to the bone
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 10 Feb 2022, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

lio007

Wouter wrote:

cause
When we rhyme–we shine,
showing no weak signs
Each time you peep,
rewind these deep lines
I know I’m,
in a zone of my own kind
so I just get down,
and I go for mines.
I think it's not specific to the RBR thread, but just his signature.

Wouter

AeroDynamic wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 15:20
Wouter wrote:

Please advise; should we wait for a new thread under the new engine branding or will they rename that thread? What is the official name going to be for the Red Bull engine? Unless we have updated information to update it to, it is pending. Is RB18 official?

Wouter wrote:

cause
When we rhyme–we shine,
showing no weak signs
Each time you peep,
rewind these deep lines
I know I’m,
in a zone of my own kind
so I just get down,
and I go for mines.
Yes, Horner has officially announced that the 2022 car will be called the RB18.

It will be a few more weeks before it is officially announced what the engine will be called.
It has already been said by Horner that the engine will not be called a Honda.
The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

Wouter wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 16:02
AeroDynamic wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 15:20
Wouter wrote:

Wouter wrote:

Yes, Horner has officially announced that the 2022 car will be called the RB18.

It will be a few more weeks before it is officially announced what the engine will be called.
It has already been said by Horner that the engine will not be called a Honda.
RB18 updated. 👍🏽

Engine details pending announcement.

Wouter

Just a gossip/rumour?

Translated from the Japanese Auto Sport Web.

It was announced that Abiteboul would leave the Renault / Alpine F1 team in early 2021
and become a Mecachrome motorsport advisor in May.

However, it became clear that Abiteboul was invited as a guest of Red Bull at the 2021 F1 final round Abu Dhabi GP,
which surprised many people. Abiteboul spent a long time with Horner over the weekend.
As a result of the negotiations, Abiteboul has basically agreed
to represent the Red Bull Powertrains and manage non-technical aspects, according to a Red Bull source.
https://www.as-web.jp/f1/776733?all
The Power of Dreams!

lio007

Wouter wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 22:24
Just a gossip/rumour?

It was announced that Abiteboul would leave the Renault / Alpine F1 team in early 2021

However, it became clear that Abiteboul was invited as a guest of Red Bull at the 2021 F1 final round Abu Dhabi GP,
which surprised many people. Abiteboul spent a long time with Horner over the weekend.
to represent the Red Bull Powertrains and manage non-technical aspects, according to a Red Bull source.
There rumours are there for a while now, but personally I can't imagine Abiteboul and Horner to work together, at least based on the weird RIC DTS situation. But on the other hand, things and minds can change.

Jolle

lio007 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 22:43
Wouter wrote:
Just a gossip/rumour?

There rumours are there for a while now, but personally I can't imagine Abiteboul and Horner to work together, at least based on the weird RIC DTS situation. But on the other hand, things and minds can change.
Well, he has a tattoo now, so he might be RedBull cool enough :P

I think DTS is very well in enlarging the relationships between the players (and of course, Horner himself is also not clean of some two-face behaviour to gain support among the fans). Publicly a lot of managers are hated or discarded in F1, but behind the scenes, most of the time, they are excellent managers.

Ryar

Jolle wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 16:44
lio007 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 22:43
Wouter wrote:
Just a gossip/rumour?

Well, he has a tattoo now, so he might be RedBull cool enough :P

I think DTS is very well in enlarging the relationships between the players (and of course, Horner himself is also not clean of some two-face behaviour to gain support among the fans). Publicly a lot of managers are hated or discarded in F1, but behind the scenes, most of the time, they are excellent managers.
Based on what one can see from outside, Cyril was probably the reason for the sorry state of affairs at Renault power trains. Being bad enough in managing customer relationships, he let it spill over in public. Under his leadership, the power train reliability was at an all time low. It would be a poor choice to have him lead the Red Bull power trains. Why not have some senior figure from Honda who may probably want to come to UK.
Hakuna Matata!

Big Tea

Checo finding his feet?
'Max Would Have Struggled If He Had Gone To Mercedes Suggests Perez'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c6WW1n41pI

(not what it looks like :mrgreen: )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

aMessageToCharlie

Big Tea wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 16:37
Checo finding his feet?

So basically it's "Checo 2.0" this year! Where have I heard that before...? lol

AeroDynamic

Big Tea wrote:
Checo finding his feet?

I get where Perez is coming from, but sorry, Perez, you are very likely to be wrong on that one.

Max is quite adaptive, he went to the RB car and beat Ricciardo to a win in his debut event in the car. He never struggled to adapt to the RB that was built to Ricciardo’s liking at that time. Although Max was being beaten by Ricciardo, and still remains to be Max’s only team mate that max failed to beat in F1.

The reason why everyone struggles Checo, is because RB’s strategy has long since been to push Verstappen to a world title, Max’s feedback is prioritised and the car development is heavily skewed to him. So unless you drive with the same strengths as Max, you won’t adjust swiftly. That is why you and those before you struggled.

If Max had gone to Mercedes, like most drivers, he wouldn’t have struggled at all. The Mercedes is clearly employing a more balanced philosophy of developing the car to both drivers. It has a larger window of driving style input techniques that work with it, so it’s easier to adopt. I also think the team will more willingly build the car to you even if you aren’t the favourite driver.

Now, if Max went to another team that developed their car to 1 driver as much as RB likes to, then that’s a different story, there’s higher probability that he would go through a phase of adapting and getting comfortable with the car. I think he would adapt faster than you though Perez. I think Perez is a solid driver but I wouldn’t put it passed gasly or Albon to have done similar or better than him in the RB16B.

Big Tea

AeroDynamic wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 17:01
Big Tea wrote:
Checo finding his feet?

https://i.imgur.com/FtpVeQ9.png

I get where Perez is coming from, but sorry, Perez, you are very likely to be wrong on that one.

Max is quite adaptive, he went to the RB car and beat Ricciardo to a win in his debut event in the car. He never struggled to adapt to the RB that was built to Ricciardo’s liking at that time. Although Max was being beaten by Ricciardo, and still remains to be Max’s only team mate that max failed to beat in F1.

The reason why everyone struggles Checo, is because RB’s strategy has long since been to push Verstappen to a world title, Max’s feedback is prioritised and the car development is heavily skewed to him. So unless you drive with the same strengths as Max, you won’t adjust swiftly. That is why you and those before you struggled.

If Max had gone to Mercedes, like most drivers, he wouldn’t have struggled at all. The Mercedes is clearly employing a more balanced philosophy of developing the car to both drivers. It has a larger window of driving style input techniques that work with it, so it’s easier to adopt. I also think the team will more willingly build the car to you even if you aren’t the favourite driver.

Now, if Max went to another team that developed their car to 1 driver as much as RB likes to, then that’s a different story, there’s higher probability that he would go through a phase of adapting and getting comfortable with the car. I think he would adapt faster than you though Perez. I think Perez is a solid driver but I wouldn’t put it passed gasly or Albon to have done similar or better than him in the RB16B.
But, using your example of Ricciardo at Red Bull, look at what has happened to him since?
It may well be a very specific car to drive and you are good at it or not. Ricciardo seems to bear this out, as does Gasly
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle

AeroDynamic wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 17:01
Big Tea wrote:
Checo finding his feet?

https://i.imgur.com/FtpVeQ9.png

Yeah.. how could Perez know or even suggest that.