Will Covid 19 impact 2022 season?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nzjrs

Re: Will Covid 19 impact 2022 season?

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 14:37
Not according to their immigration minister:

“In particular, his behaviour may encourage or influence others to emulate his prior conduct and fail to comply with appropriate public health measures following a positive Covid-19 test result, which itself could lead to the transmission of the disease and serious risk to their health and others, ”

That, at least to me, suggests his behavior in Serbia after knowing his positive test result was also a key factor.
This is incorrect - your initial assumption about the (14 day thing recent past, for example) was incorrect and now you have moved to this weaker claim. I encourage you to watch the full trial for the rationale as it was given in context.
El Scorchio wrote:
I think with all things Covid, things are going to depend on where one gets one's news from.
Lol, you do you. I posted the summary link for you to consume from a new source.

FWIW not even the Australian prime minister gives the correct rationale for his deportation https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... rison-says

El Scorchio

nzjrs wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 15:31
El Scorchio wrote:
Not according to their immigration minister:

“In particular, his behaviour may encourage or influence others to emulate his prior conduct and fail to comply with appropriate public health measures following a positive Covid-19 test result, which itself could lead to the transmission of the disease and serious risk to their health and others, ”

That, at least to me, suggests his behavior in Serbia after knowing his positive test result was also a key factor.
This is incorrect - your initial assumption about the (14 day thing recent past, for example) was incorrect and now you have moved to this weaker claim. I encourage you to watch the full trial for the rationale as it was given in context.
El Scorchio wrote:
I think with all things Covid, things are going to depend on where one gets one's news from.
Lol, you do you. I posted the summary link for you to consume from a new source.

FWIW not even the Australian prime minister gives the correct rationale for his deportation https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... rison-says
So the immigration minister is lying in that direct quote, or didn't say it at all?

And there was an 'mistake' on his form where he didn't declare he'd travelled to Spain and Serbia in the 14 days leading up to Australia. I didn't say that was the reason he got deported, though.

Of course a news narrative is going to vary depending on the source it comes from. You happen to mention the Guardian. They may report things with a somewhat different narrative from other outlets. Particularly with coverage of things like Covid, or Brexit.

Anyway, we are veering somewhat off topic again.

nzjrs

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 15:41
Please watch the video I posted and get back to me. This has been a messy --- and bodes poorly for immigration and the rule of law in general.

And I posted the Guardian because they will be 100% on the other side of this to greenwald (for example). I was making a point by posting that source after you insinuated something about my earlier ones.

I've been flawless on this topic for the last 2 years and I am proud of it.

PlatinumZealot

mclaren111 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 14:47
Sadly, Covid is now only a polital issue... From what I'm reading the Vaxxed spreads it just like the Unvaxxed...
I still think it is a health issue, a science issue, a religious issue (for some), a human rights etc. etc. whoever wants to have an issue with it will find any reason to have issues with it, but the political issues are the loudest.

Being vaccinated does actually reduce the spread of the virus, even the new Omicron variant. If they make vaccine for this variant it will be even better at that, but for now vaccines based on alpha seem to be adequate at reducing hospitalizations.

I recently got a first hand experience of how different levels of vaccination protect from the virus actually. I and a group of friends were in Florida over the holidays, some fully vaxxed, some boosted, some un-vaxxed. An un-vaxxed guy got Covid symptoms first (obviously haha), started showing symptoms, then everybody else got the Covid, except the boosted people. Zero symptoms! (this is not the effect for everyone though). For me, vaccinated, I was sick for 2 days, infrequent cough for about a week. Stayed positive for little over a week too. Un-vaxxed guy had more severe symptoms and stayed positive for longer. So from what I saw, being vaccinated really does limit the spread because you get rid of the virus quicker if it does break through and your symptoms clear up faster, so less droplets to spread in the air.

Here is an interesting article on "super immunity" in a Covid endemic. Looks like most will end up with Covd at some point.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/herd-immun ... 1642448736
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stu

Double vaccination and booster for me and I’ve just come down with. Feel terrible, but not hospital terrible, getting exhausted and breathless without doing a great deal though.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

nzjrs

Stu wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 19:04
Double vaccination and booster for me and I’ve just come down with. Feel terrible, but not hospital terrible, getting exhausted and breathless without doing a great deal though.
Same but I seem completely unable to catch Omicron. At some point I have to accept maybe it just doesn't like me!

Stu

Not sure which variety I have, but had managed to avoid it up to now. I guess that my luck just ran out.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

hollus

hollus wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 12:35
Please, no medical advice, we don't want to have to judge which can stay and which can't, I don't own the truth.
Please, no veering into the politics of posters telling other posters what to do or what not to do.

Countries are acting like they are acting, mass vaccinations are very real and, so are masses of people that don't want to vaccinate. And this affects the sport, all sports, as made very obvious by the current Novak-gate.
So, in that country politics in this respect affects F1, it is totally on topic. What F1 people do, is on topic.

What average Joe in the street does or doesn't or should or shouldn't so, is off topic. (it just becomes politics! This quick!)

Rivals, not enemies.

nzjrs

BBC reporting that full vaccination will be mandatory for all in the F1 paddock. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60195524

They also state the local regulations will be enforced.

I can imagine there might be trouble later in the year with countries disagreeing what constitutes 'full vaccination'.

CMSMJ1

The decision will be one that all can agree with and that FOM/FIA states is acceptable for them. I doubt local elements will apply adn it amy well be that the harshest local regime will be the one that is accepted across the piece.

I can't see it as being anything other than a good idea
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Just_a_fan

nzjrs wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 13:29
BBC reporting that full vaccination will be mandatory for all in the F1 paddock. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60195524

I can imagine there might be trouble later in the year with countries disagreeing what constitutes 'full vaccination'.
I'd suggest that "fully vaccinated" is whatever the makers of the various vaccines say it is. If a vaccine needs two doses within a specified time frame then that will be "fully vaccinated". Some countries are giving booster shots too, and it will be interesting to see if the FIA demand boosters as proof of "full" vaccination.

Ultimately, the FIA can set whatever level it likes within the paddock - the FIA/FOM/Liberty control access to the paddock after all. What a particular country wants to do for spectators will be separate to that. But if a spectator wants to go on a paddock walk, they'll have to demonstrate whatever level of protection that the FIA demand, irrespective of the national requirements.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

nzjrs

Just_a_fan wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 16:13
nzjrs wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 13:29

I'd suggest that "fully vaccinated" is whatever the makers of the various vaccines say it is. If a vaccine needs two doses within a specified time frame then that will be "fully vaccinated". Some countries are giving booster shots too, and it will be interesting to see if the FIA demand boosters as proof of "full" vaccination.
Exactly, that's my point. Many countries define fully vaccinated as 3 doses (for the mRNA vaccines), and by mid this year, some could define it as 4 doses.