2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Henri

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

The new car will suit Lewis like a glove because these cars will be faster in corners

Just_a_fan

Henri wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 06:09
The new car will suit Lewis like a glove because these cars will be faster in corners
Lewis finds a lot of his lap time in braking zones. I remember an interview where he said that some circuits favoured Nico precisely because there was less hard braking. Nico was more about carrying speed through corners and on some flowing high speed sections/circuits he was therefore quicker than Lewis. So it's more about the circuits than the cars.

Of course, if the cars arrive at the corners faster, there's still time to be found getting them down to apex speed.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SiLo

Just_a_fan wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 13:27
Henri wrote:
Lewis finds a lot of his lap time in braking zones. I remember an interview where he said that some circuits favoured Nico precisely because there was less hard braking. Nico was more about carrying speed through corners and on some flowing high speed sections/circuits he was therefore quicker than Lewis. So it's more about the circuits than the cars.

Of course, if the cars arrive at the corners faster, there's still time to be found getting them down to apex speed.
Maybe in years prior, but I would say as the corners get faster and require more commitment, Hamilton has appeared to also get faster and further from his teammate.
Felipe Baby!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Henri

Morteza wrote:
    24 Jan 2022, 19:35
    https://youtu.be/A4c_0sM8P5U
    I can tell from james grinning they have built a beast of a car he can't even hide it 😁

Henri

Just_a_fan wrote:
    24 Jan 2022, 13:27
    Henri wrote:

Good observation ✔️

SmallSoldier

Morteza wrote:
    He’s so good at communicating!

Juzh

Henri wrote:
    24 Jan 2022, 19:53
      Morteza wrote:
      I can tell from james grinning they have built a beast of a car he can't even hide it 😁
      James is almost always like that, basically every interview that I remember he's smiling. That's not say they haven't built a good car, just that you really can't tell that just from this one face expression.

SmallSoldier

Henri wrote:
      25 Jan 2022, 02:52
      Juzh wrote:
      24 Jan 2022, 20:58
      Henri wrote:
        James is almost always like that, basically every interview that I remember he's smiling. That's not say they haven't built a good car, just that you really can't tell that just from this one face expression.
        You a redbull fan ?
        Does it matter?

Ryar

Henri wrote:
        Juzh wrote:
        24 Jan 2022, 20:58
        Henri wrote:
          You a redbull fan ?
          He is yes. So?
          Hakuna Matata!

Stu

Give the personal stuff a rest, guys.
          Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

wogx

ames is almost always like that, basically every interview that I remember he's smiling. That's not say they haven't built a good car, just that you really can't tell that just from this one face expression.
          He said the truth. People saying that Merc made a rocket, only because Allison is smiling, are heavily biased
          Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

SmallSoldier

Henri wrote:
          25 Jan 2022, 13:54
          SmallSoldier wrote:
          25 Jan 2022, 03:59
          Henri wrote:

You a redbull fan ?
          Does it matter?
          Ofcouse it does he's bias is showing clearly
          Bias towards what exactly? He didn’t say anything derogatory or negative… He had an opinion (a very harmless one), there is nothing wrong with that regardless of which team he roots for.

I tend to agree with him, James is not only a great communicator, he has a similar demeanor in most of these videos / interviews… The one line that caught my attention was “One or two cars on the grid will have got it really wrong, I would imagine. And they will have a painful year.”… Without having a single car hit the track yet, it’s impossible to know where anyone seats in the pecking order, the trickiest part this season for the teams is setting performance targets for the new cars… Is been one second faster than 2021’s cars a sign that you have a great car under you? What if the rest of the grid is 2 seconds faster?…

Henri

SmallSoldier wrote:
          25 Jan 2022, 16:59
          Henri wrote:
          25 Jan 2022, 13:54
          SmallSoldier wrote:
          25 Jan 2022, 03:59

Does it matter?
          Ofcouse it does he's bias is showing clearly
          Bias towards what exactly? He didn’t say anything derogatory or negative… He had an opinion (a very harmless one), there is nothing wrong with that regardless of which team he roots for.

I tend to agree with him, James is not only a great communicator, he has a similar demeanor in most of these videos / interviews… The one line that caught my attention was “One or two cars on the grid will have got it really wrong, I would imagine. And they will have a painful year.”… Without having a single car hit the track yet, it’s impossible to know where anyone seats in the pecking order, the trickiest part this season for the teams is setting performance targets for the new cars… Is been one second faster than 2021’s cars a sign that you have a great car under you? What if the rest of the grid is 2 seconds faster?…
          I trust allison more because he's one of the great car designers ever.. not that guy

basti313

SmallSoldier wrote:
          25 Jan 2022, 16:59
          The one line that caught my attention was “One or two cars on the grid will have got it really wrong, I would imagine. And they will have a painful year.”… Without having a single car hit the track yet, it’s impossible to know where anyone seats in the pecking order, the trickiest part this season for the teams is setting performance targets for the new cars… Is been one second faster than 2021’s cars a sign that you have a great car under you? What if the rest of the grid is 2 seconds faster?…
          I think it is wrong to assume they know nothing. The teams are sending rule questions to the FIA and the FIA is answering them. From these clarifications the teams can certainly see if another team took route A or route B in different concepts and a highly number driven development as at Merc has certainly looked into every detail to say route B is 0.x seconds slower than route A.
          So the comment of Allison is certainly not just hot air.
          Don`t russel the hamster!