2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cuky

2022 FIM MotoGP

Team Gresini is the first squad to show off their new colors for 2022. After so many years with Aprilia they are now with Ducati

Also on MotoE front, new Ducati bike that will be used from 2023 onward has already started testing:

Cuky

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP team has shown their colors for 2022

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Cuky

Red Bull KTM Factory Racing

Tech3 KTM Factory Racing

Saykas

Stefan Bradl testing the new Honda at Jerez today

AMG.Tzan

Saw that in the morning!

Can anyone explain how is that allowed and why other teams don't test??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cuky

Rules for MotoGP testing are kinda more relaxed than in F1. Riders that are contracted for racing can't test throughout the season other than on official test sessions (last year it was pre-season in Qatar, at Catalunya after the race weekend, in Misano and after the last race in Jerez). They can train though, but they have to use road going bikes with only allowed modifications being those to make it safer for the track (like removing mirrors, lights and license plates, slick tires etc.).

Test riders, on the other hand, can test race bikes throughout the season, but teams have to nominate up to 3 tracks before the season and they only can run on those 3 that they have nominated. This is the list of nominated tracks by manufacturers for this season:
KTM – Red Bull Ring, Jerez, Aragon
Ducati – Mugello, Jerez, Misano
Honda – Motegi, Jerez, Misano
Suzuki – Motegi, Jerez, Aragon
Yamaha – Motegi, Jerez, Aragon

Aprilia, due to its weak results, still has its concessions so they are allowed to test freely on any track with both test and race riders. There are still rules that limit how close to the race weekend they can be on the same track (I can't remember now if it is 2 weeks or a month)

Cuky

Lenovo Ducati

Pramac Ducati

Cuky

Team Suzuki Ecstar

Monster Energy Yamaha

etusch

motogp preseason test highlight from day 2

Saykas

Repsol Honda

LCR Honda

Aprilia

Saykas

Pol Espargaro fastest after day 1 in Mandalika. The track was super dirty, there was a red flag for 2 hours for cleaning.

Saykas

Day 2 final standings

Saykas

Pre-season testing is finished. Qatar race in 3 weeks !

etusch

Honda looks good at fast track as mandalika is such a track doesn't need so much power both from brakes and engine.
Pol talks good about the bike. I don't know if they had power issue at long straight tracks.
About yamaha and riders; I didn't like Quartararo's comments on Yamaha's situation. Dovi wait long years until he decide to leave but Quartararo is hurrying I think. You can not jump faster bike everytime. you should live process with the team and feel with them
Ducati also looks like yamaha. They are same. Fast at long straight and slower at turns.
While I am saying these are, I don't know about their long runs. Except Quartararo's comment on their good speed at long runs and speed with used tyres