F1 Liveries [Historical and Speculation]

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Simone Ferrari

Re: F1 Liveries [Historical and Speculation]

Amazing suggestion my Marc Antar on a Reed/Black Ferrari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnkbN4Pr7Zc

Jolle

Simone Ferrari wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 19:26
Amazing suggestion my Marc Antar on a Reed/Black Ferrari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnkbN4Pr7Zc
now Marlboro has buggered off, I'm so hoping for black wings and gold wheels again :-)

nokivasara

Are driver numbers included in the discussion about liveries?
I'd like to bring back a round or oval white spot where the driver # is written in an easy to read font in black.
Same design on every car.

ajprice

The Audi concept for their 2026 Sauber announcement

ajprice

The uncovered Audi concept

I think this livery looks great. It probably won't look like this in '26 as Audi are coming in with Sauber as a PU supplier, but it's still good.

I know the teams this year are cutting back on the paint to save weight, but I like the painted floor and barge boards on this. Maybe if the weight limit rules can be sorted out to put a hold on the bare carbon cars with a few vinyls and painted parts (McLaren) and allow the teams to paint cars properly again, the painted floor could happen.

GM7

Just thinking some minor changes to the Alpine livery could be a nice idea, by adding a little gradient of turquoise between pink and the rest of the livery. A little bit like their Miami merch

typhson_lee

nokivasara wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 17:12
Are driver numbers included in the discussion about liveries?
I'd like to bring back a round or oval white spot where the driver # is written in an easy to read font in black.
Same design on every car.
I'd always wanted them to be bigger and in a visible position. For example on the nose, the numbers are often so high up, that they are almost parallel to the ground and not visible from the front.
Bringing back a white spot, would be even better for visibility.
For most teams I can identify the driver by helmet or accent colour on the car, but still, would be easier with numbers. Even commentators sometimes don't know which driver of the team they are watching.