2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

That's a big surprise for me. Usually they are more on the late-side of car reveals, I expected it a week later. Wonder if it'll be the "real" RB18. Anyway, excitement is increasing 🙂

ME4ME

Makes a lot of sense to me to show and put the car on track as early as possible this year and load it up with updates later. Lots of fundamentals to verify before sorting out the details.

Ryar

I doubt it would be anything close to real car they would race in Bahrain or even test in a few weeks. Most likely the glorified version of FIA concept car with a 2022 Red Bull livery. I think of same for most teams.
Hakuna Matata!

lio007

Ryar wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 14:12
I doubt it would be anything close to real car they would race in Bahrain or even test in a few weeks. Most likely the glorified version of FIA concept car with a 2022 Red Bull livery. I think of same for most teams.
If we had not a budget cap, I'd say yes.
But with the cap can they afford a "launch spec", a "pre-season test spec" and a "first race spec" now, I'd say no!

I'm really curious how teams will handle that.
Red Bull had quite some damage last year, resulted in lots of $$$.

Ryar

lio007 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 15:14
Ryar wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 14:12
If we had not a budget cap, I'd say yes.
But with the cap can they afford a "launch spec", a "pre-season test spec" and a "first race spec" now, I'd say no!

I'm really curious how teams will handle that.
Red Bull had quite some damage last year, resulted in lots of $$$.
I didn't mean they would build different specs. Just like most teams, RB would probably have a FIA concept car and they would probably bolt a livery on it and present it at launch. Real car would come to testing and mostly, a slightly upgraded car for Race, which is probably what everyone would be doing.
Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

It says @tag-heuer so I think we know what the engine will be called, let’s see!

Neuron

lio007 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 12:35
Wonder if it'll be the "real" RB18.
I think no car will be "real" until first friday practise on Bahrain ;)

Revs84

Sieper wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 17:50
It says @tag-heuer so I think we know what the engine will be called, let’s see!
Maybe because it's a countdown or the event is partly sponsored by Tag Heuer?

The reason why I say this is that after Honda developed a new spec for 22 (to my knowledge not paid by RBR) and will continue to supply engines (maybe this part at a cost) I would expect the engine to be branded as Honda.

Maybe it's just my expectations based on wishful thinking. However if you notice, the Honda logo is still on their site and in the latest event at Zell am See, the car had the Honda logo at the front and on the engine cover. The Honda logo was removed from the rear wing though and replaced with the Red Bull logo.

I guess we'll know in a few days time.

Revs84

On a similar note, what was previously slated as a done deal on a few sites that Honda will supply engines till 2025, might not be a done deal at all. I've now seen this in a couple of site, with the latest one one the F1 site:
Meanwhile, it is understood there have been talks between Honda and Red Bull about the Japanese manufacturer supplying complete power units not just for this season but beyond until the new power unit regulations come into force in 2026.

However, the discussions are believed to be at a very early stage, with no agreement yet in place
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... kUvhd.html

Wouter

Max for thefirst time behind the wheel with his new helmet. No more HONDA on it for now. :)

Last edited by Wouter on 03 Feb 2022, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Revs84 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 20:29
On a similar note, what was previously slated as a done deal on a few sites that Honda will supply engines till 2025,
might not be a done deal at all. I've now seen this in a couple of site, with the latest one one the F1 site:

Meanwhile, it is understood there have been talks between Honda and Red Bull about the Japanese manufacturer supplying complete power units not just for this season but beyond until the new power unit regulations come into force in 2026.

However, the discussions are believed to be at a very early stage, with no agreement yet in place
They are clearly not well informed, because it is a done deal.
They are also not well informed about Yamamoto-san, because Yamamoto-san has already told himself what he is going to do from now on.
They are clearly behind the times.

Wazari wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 00:30
As I have answered some of you already several weeks ago, Honda will be involved in manufacturing the current PU's until 2025. The transition division has now become its own entity and has partnered with Red Bull. Moving forward, how transparent the information with regards to the PU will be up to Red Bull, not Honda.
"We have now also found a completely different solution to the one originally envisaged,"
Marko told Autorevue magazine.

"The engines will be manufactured in Japan until 2025, we will not touch them at all. That means that the rights and all these things will remain with the Japanese, which is important for 2026 because it makes us newcomers.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... 5/7677145/
The Power of Dreams!

Revs84

Wouter wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 20:43
Revs84 wrote:
On a similar note, what was previously slated as a done deal on a few sites that Honda will supply engines till 2025,
might not be a done deal at all. I've now seen this in a couple of site, with the latest one one the F1 site:

They are also not well informed about Yamamoto-san, because Yamamoto-san has already told himself what he is going to do from now on.

Wazari wrote:
As I have answered some of you already several weeks ago, Honda will be involved in manufacturing the current PU's until 2025. The transition division has now become its own entity and has partnered with Red Bull. Moving forward, how transparent the information with regards to the PU will be up to Red Bull, not Honda.
"We have now also found a completely different solution to the one originally envisaged,"

"The engines will be manufactured in Japan until 2025, we will not touch them at all. That means that the rights and all these things will remain with the Japanese, which is important for 2026 because it makes us newcomers.
This is the other article I was referring to.

https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/44 ... -past-2022

Wouter

Revs84 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 21:30
Wouter wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 20:43
Revs84 wrote:

Wazari wrote:

This is the other article I was referring to.

https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/44 ... -past-2022
Thanks for that article.
It's a bit strange but I think that Helmut Marko once again opened his mouth too early and was not allowed to tell it already.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... 022-41108/

Red Bull doesn't show everything at the presentation [RB18]

Motorsport boss Helmut Marko (78) makes it clear: "The presentation, which is important for fans and sponsors, does not show any special details on the car," says the Grazer to F1 insiders.
Marko continues: “The new car will only be ready shortly before the start of testing in Barcelona on February 23rd. From then on it will be further developed and will receive another update for the first race of the season on March 20th in Bahrain.”

Marko explains the reason with the radical new rules: “The rules stayed the same last year. So we decided to have the car ready very early for the 2021 season. At the time, this decision proved to be the right one. But now it's exactly the other way round: With the new rules, everyone wants to finish as late as possible – also so as not to show everything too early.”

Despite the uncertainty that every extreme rule change entails, Marko is self-confident: “I think we're on the right track and can fight for the title again. As usual, Mercedes should be our main competitor.”

Red Bull team manager Jonathan Wheatley sees Ferrari in particular as a threat. “Their new engine, which they used at the end of last season, proved to be extremely strong. And with Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz they have a very good driver pairing that also seems to harmonize well.”
The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 12:47
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... 022-41108/

Red Bull doesn't show everything at the presentation [RB18]

Motorsport boss Helmut Marko (78) makes it clear: "The presentation, which is important for fans and sponsors, does not show any special details on the car," says the Grazer to F1 insiders.
Marko continues: “The new car will only be ready shortly before the start of testing in Barcelona on February 23rd. From then on it will be further developed and will receive another update for the first race of the season on March 20th in Bahrain.” [...]
Does that suggest that they might just do what is, in effect, a livery reveal? Maybe the car they officially present will be just the FIA show car.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.