Haas VF-22 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Haas VF-22 Speculation Thread

A bodywork panel for the absent louvers - Rear brake outlet (FOM render dont have them). And it's rather classic.

peewon

AeroDynamic

I wasn't a huge fan of the original livery, but I much prefer the execution of this Russian-flag tricolour concept on this one. It's more elegant and minimal. It just has a cleaner look to it.

After this one, im genuinely getting amped up to see the remaining car liveries.. come March we will be going crazy over every car nuance and detail when the real cars come out :D

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Blackout

The sidepod and intake design kinda remind me of the 89 Ferrari  :p
And that extreme wideness suggest the radiators might be positioned in a similar upright/old school way...
Last edited by Blackout on 04 Feb 2022, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

No bargeboard and no Y250 vortex means the dirty air from the front tires is very difficult to manage now.

It seems to me like the sidepods have been pushed a lot further in the front, and the radiators have been intentionally placed diagonally to make them as wide as possible. Is Haas' goal here to create a "wall" that forcefully pushes the dirty air from the front tires away from the car?

The last car I remember to have a similar concept was the MCL-33 (which was absolutely horrid), but that was at a time when we had a lot more freedom on the bargeboards, so maybe now, seeing as the tools available are limited, this is going to perform relatively better.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Will there be any benefit from tilting the Engine position due to new diffuser design in 2022?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

JPower
JPower

Even if its not entirely finished, still very interesting as we haven’t seen anything other than the FIA concept.

I think the suspension specifically is just there for show.

The front wing/nose and side pods however, look like they could be representative. The rumor of Ferrari’s triangular intake also shows up here.

I’m not an aero expert by any means but I also wonder what the idea is behind the sidepods as I expected most to go extremely slim with these new regs.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Emag wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 14:31
No bargeboard and no Y250 vortex means the dirty air from the front tires is very difficult to manage now.

It seems to me like the sidepods have been pushed a lot further in the front, and the radiators have been intentionally placed diagonally to make them as wide as possible. Is Haas' goal here to create a "wall" that forcefully pushes the dirty air from the front tires away from the car?

The last car I remember to have a similar concept was the MCL-33 (which was absolutely horrid), but that was at a time when we had a lot more freedom on the bargeboards, so maybe now, seeing as the tools available are limited, this is going to perform relatively better.
And sacrifice airflow to the coke bottle and diffuser? Wouldn't that be hugely counterproductive? I don't understand why they're so wide at the front but vertically they were limited in where they could place the radiators by the regulations and the high mounted inlets no longer being possible

bauc

This render car looks so fat/wide its just does not ''feel right'' to me....

I will preserve my judgment till I see the actual car but this is just weird and obviously a mix of two different concepts.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

wowgr8
wowgr8

bauc wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 14:53

I will preserve my judgment till I see the actual car but this is just weird and obviously a mix of two different concepts.
It doesn't bode well for Haas or Ferrari if the sidepods have to be that wide, it's as though we've gone back 5 years packaging wise. I hope this is some sort of early version of the car, like the W10 in the first week of testing

bauc

wowgr8 wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 14:58
bauc wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 14:53

It doesn't bode well for Haas or Ferrari if the sidepods have to be that wide, it's as though we've gone back 5 years packaging wise. I hope this is some sort of early version of the car, like the W10 in the first week of testing
I agree, if the cooling solutions require the car to have this wide ''wall'' around the sidepods then this might hurt them, but again this is a new concept and we will need to see how this will look like from the real photos and what will be the philosophy behind it.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Giando

Render or not, there's something interesting in the front wing area.

The structural part of the front wing attached to the nose cone is the first flap, the red one (or maybe a combination of the first, second and third) which then sustains the side vertical rounded panels... so the first and bigger main profile of the front wing is kind of suspended between the side panels and never touches the nose cone.

Last edited by Giando on 04 Feb 2022, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

jjn9128 wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 13:57
Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 13:50
Interesting that the front wheel "mud guard" appears to have a slot in it. I assumed this was a standard FIA-mandated part with little in the way of wiggle room for the teams.

Interesting to see the outer most floor strake shape. Looking to promote a vortex that runs down the side the floor, presumably. I think the strake design is the area that will see differences between the teams initially but they'll converge over the season.
It always did since the silverstone model!

Agree - will be looking to create some down and outwash I believe.
Oh, I missed that detail on the model then. Oops! :oops: :lol:

They're going to try to keep the floor flow as clean as possible, no matter how much the FIA tried to limit their ability to do it. It's always a benefit to their car to do so, isn't it?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.