2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

WCC: 🏆 1980 | 1981 | 1986 | 1987 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1997

Team: 🇬🇧 Williams Racing
Base: 🇬🇧 Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Team principal: Jost Capito
Technical director(s): ?

Race drivers:
🇨🇦 Nicholas LATIFI 6
🇹🇭 Alexander ALBON 23

Chassis: FW44
Engine: Mercedes V6 Turbo

This thread is to discuss the 2022 Williams Racing F1 TEAM
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 10 Feb 2022, 14:17, edited 14 times in total.

proteus

Re: 2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

They also won 80, 81, 86, 87 WCCs.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

AeroDynamic

proteus wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 17:06
They also won 80, 81, 86, 87 WCCs.
Indeed. Do we want to list every WCC title for teams or just the most recent spells of success? The former will make it messy so I elected to do the latter. The Ferrari one will be particularly busy :lol:

But whatever the majority wants, we shall do.

Stu

Got to every year for WCC otherwise it is ALL skewed to make it look as though Mercedes are the ‘best-team-ever’, which they are not. Longest-consecutive-run-ever is factual, but best-team-ever is judged on the same criteria as goat; subjective.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

AeroDynamic

Stu wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 20:11
Got to every year for WCC otherwise it is ALL skewed to make it look as though Mercedes are the ‘best-team-ever’, which they are not. Longest-consecutive-run-ever is factual, but best-team-ever is judged on the same criteria as goat; subjective.

I mean that wasn’t the intention, and we did include 8 WCC for Ferrari - equal to Mercedes’

If several more people want every title, we shall do it. Do enough people care for this? :D

CMSMJ1

AeroDynamic wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 20:49
Stu wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 20:11

I mean that wasn’t the intention, and we did include 8 WCC for Ferrari - equal to Mercedes’

If several more people want every title, we shall do it. Do enough people care for this? :D
Of course :) If you are going to do it - get them all listed. it does matter.

(And thanks for taking the time to do these startup threads - They are great)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Mr Brooksy

I'm proud of the teams success, even though it came decades ago. Most fairly recent fans know we used to be a powerhouse, but have no idea how important and successful Williams was.

So +1 for me please.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Mr Brooksy

I'm keen to hear about people's logical opinions about Latifi vs Albon and who will become team leader this year.

Latifi seems to think he can become that... But what do others think?

Personally I think that with Albon's more experience, his likeable personality and his speed, Latifi will be firmly placed into the backup role very quickly. It's not like Alex will need to adapt to a car Williams have been working on for 3-4 years and Latifi had been essentially driving for the past 2 years (like the Norris/Ricciardo situation at McLaren to some degree).

With Albon's experience with the Red Bull stable, I can't expect anything other than Albon making Williams his own.

SmallSoldier

Mr Brooksy wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 02:52
I'm keen to hear about people's logical opinions about Latifi vs Albon and who will become team leader this year.

Personally I think that with Albon's more experience, his likeable personality and his speed, Latifi will be firmly placed into the backup role very quickly. It's not like Alex will need to adapt to a car Williams have been working on for 3-4 years and Latifi had been essentially driving for the past 2 years (like the Norris/Ricciardo situation at McLaren to some degree).

With Albon's experience with the Red Bull stable, I can't expect anything other than Albon making Williams his own.
It’s very hard to judge, both have had very strong team mates before that beat them handsomely, albeit one in a top team and the other one in a (as bad as it sounds) backmarker.

Alex has shown a lot of speed when he was at both AT and RBR, but when it comes down to experience, Nicolas may have the edge, specially inside the Williams Team and considering that Alex took a “sabáticas” from F1 last season… One of the more interesting pairings in the grid, 2022 will be very telling in regards to their futures in the sport, I’m afraid that if one is clearly behind the other, it may hinder their position… In this sense, Alex may have more to lose than Nicolas, since he had a lot of hype behind it when he joined RBR (a top Team), while Nicolas has always been considered a bit of a pay driver and people expected George to come out on top… Beating Alex will do wonders for Lattifi’s credibility and could erase that pay driver tag associated to him.

Stu

I think that this year is going to be interesting for Williams, the new management structure has already made a difference that has been visible during race weekends (through 2021), with some very aggressive qualifying strategies (knowing that race-pace was not a strongpoint for the car); hopefully that is carried through the factory and into the new car for this year. How it plays between Alex and Nicholas will be interesting and crucial to their futures in F1 (particularly if George does VERY WELL at Mercedes!!).
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

AeroDynamic

Mr Brooksy wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 02:52

Albon. I Think he can pull a similar gap to Latifi as Russell did. he wasn’t finding his potential pace in the red bull.

ScottR267

Mr Brooksy

Finally a launch date!

15th of Feb

Mr Brooksy

Mr Brooksy