2022 pecking order speculation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who comes out on top in the new regs?

Mercedes
26%
Red Bull
23%
Ferrari
28%
McLaren
13%
Aston Martin
2%
Williams
2%
Haas
2%
Alfa Romeo
0%
Alpine
4%
Alpha Tauri
0%

Total votes: 446

CMSMJ1

Re: 2022 pecking order speculation

Now then people.

This thread has become a cess pit of terrible posts and so fair warning to you - you'll see some of these being deleted.

Back on topic please.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

CMSMJ1

Right.. So.. I picked HAAS for my 2022 team to surprise. I reckon they've got the potential to beat Alfa...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

the EDGE

CMSMJ1 wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 18:35
Right.. So.. I picked HAAS for my 2022 team to surprise. I reckon they've got the potential to beat Alfa...
With 75% genuine ferrari parts, all-new aero regulations, & a team of ex-Ferrari Aerodynamicists working at Marenello, they don't really have anywhere to hide TBH

They should be in the thick-of it next year, well, at least Mick should be anyway

JPower

According to a recent talk, Zak expects McLaren to be closer to Mercedes and Red Bull but still off the pace of those teams and Ferrari to begin the season.

Jambier

JPower wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 21:49
According to a recent talk, Zak expects McLaren to be closer to Mercedes and Red Bull but still off the pace of those teams and Ferrari to begin the season.
That's a bit disappointing, same thing when Alpine target 2024 as well.

bauc

JPower wrote:
This is just typical publicity talk to lower expetations in case they miss the target with their car. I dont care if you are Zak or Toto ... you cant tell who will bring what in the first season of new regulations.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

F1Krof

bauc wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 12:11
JPower wrote:
This is just typical publicity talk to lower expetations in case they miss the target with their car. I dont care if you are Zak or Toto ... you cant tell who will bring what in the first season of new regulations.
One word: spies. Yep, I bet my life that top teams employ spies, and pretty much they know where everybody is relatively well.

But getting back on the topic, HAAS will annihilate everybody this year!
Wroom wroom

Jolle

F1Krof wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 00:45
bauc wrote:
JPower wrote:
One word: spies. Yep, I bet my life that top teams employ spies, and pretty much they know where everybody is relatively well.

…. When their brakes fail at the end of the warmup lap

bauc

F1Krof wrote:
bauc wrote:
JPower wrote:

If they had spies they will all be a a lot more competitive, however the fact is that everyone cheat in F1, the question is who will get caught.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SiLo

F1Krof wrote:
bauc wrote:
JPower wrote:

They don't employ spies, they just all talk to each other to they will all have an idea relatively of where they may be. But those discussed "figures" may be different when they get on track.
Felipe Baby!

FrukostScones

RedBull
Mercedes
McLaren
Ferrari
Alfa Romeo
Alpha Tauri
HAAS
Alpine
Williams
Aston Martin
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

AeroDynamic

right now, assuming Mercedes have shown what is the majority of their aero ideas,

1) RBR
2) Ferrari
3) Mercedes
4) McLaren

DChemTech

AeroDynamic wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 12:14
right now, assuming Mercedes have shown what is the majority of their aero ideas,

1) RBR
2) Ferrari
3) Mercedes
4) McLaren
It would be nice to see the more radical approaches pay off like this rather than the seemingly more conventional (albeit very properly executed) Mercedes. But radical is not always better... let's see how it turns out.

AeroDynamic

DChemTech wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 12:19
AeroDynamic wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 12:14

1) RBR
2) Ferrari
3) Mercedes
4) McLaren
It would be nice to see the more radical approaches pay off like this rather than the seemingly more conventional (albeit very properly executed) Mercedes. But radical is not always better... let's see how it turns out.
Agree. I really like the RBR though :D

DChemTech

I guess it's fair to take a gamble now based on limited data, rather than awaiting the full results. So, here we go.

1) Ferrari (no wishful thinking - I don't like Ferrari per se, still, they did something different and I'll gamble on it)
2) RBR (more wishful thinking, perhaps.)
3) AT (They seem to be doing some cool stuff, see how it pans out)
4) McLaren (would be nice, at least)
5) Mercedes (seems a bit vanilla, though the floor and packaging are impressive.)
6) Haas (They deserve a lucky break, but also, some interesting stuff - albeit somewhat conservative)
7) Alpine (I don't have a whole lot of faith in the car, but the drivers help)
8) Williams (Hard to judge the car, but Latifi doesn't help)
9) Alfa (well, we've not seen that much of it yet...)
10) Aston Martin (It just feels like the sharknado is gonna fade away)