Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

JPBD1990 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 11:15
Also McLaren adopting rear pushrod suspension layout, also rumoured to be true of redbull and alpha tauri, but we know this is not so for Ferrari because of the Haas rear suspension. Missed a trick? Only time will tell
Alpha you can forget it(Red Bull too?)

tpe
tpe

As long as we don't live again the "Acer ducts" saga, I will be happy with whatever they present.
I believe in the last 2 aero concept changes they got it right, in terms of the concept (High side pods, non-loaded front wind etc.
Let's see

Schippke
Schippke

It is going to be interesting to see what Ferrari do show the world, claiming their car is innovative... I guess that would go for the whole grid, being a new set of regulations. More so, we've seen that all the cars launched so far are showing quite different design philosophies, particularly around the middle/rear of the car so naturally we'll be surprised with each new launch.

So far, we know there might be a livery change... I'm sure that won't be the only innovative thing!

f1316
f1316

Apparently in Italy they’re reporting encouraging wind tunnel data:

https://scuderiafans.com/italian-media- ... couraging/

jumpingfish

f1316 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 06:46

I hope their encouraging data is to be 0.5-1s faster than the fastest car of 2021 (W12/RB16b). 8)

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

f1316 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 06:46

Any chance someone could post a translation? I can’t figure it out on my iPhone (sorry!)

wowgr8
wowgr8

JPBD1990 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 08:56
Any chance someone could post a translation? I can’t figure it out on my iPhone (sorry!)
The page isn't in Italian but
Italian daily newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport tried to evaluate the expectations and forecasts surrounding the new challenger of the team led by Mattia Binotto:

“[…] If you are wrong, you risk not seeing the ball for many more years. A scenario that in Maranello they do not even want to take into consideration, also because the results gathered in the simulator and in the wind tunnel give confidence. […] The F1-75 […] will have high sides and a zero volume rear pace […]. […] Respects what Mattia Binotto asked […]: dare and work without any prejudice. […] The rear suspension has been redesigned and the transmission has been downsized. […] We worked hard to recover the downforce that the new rules have cut […]. […] Engineers […] focused on Superfast ignition (“speeded up” in the pre-combustion chamber) with the aim of fully recovering the horsepower lost with bio gasoline (10%). The hybrid […] was tested in the last championship, and is therefore an enhanced evolution “. – the Italian daily newspaper reported.
The translation isn't very good on that site but this sounds like Ferrari might be going down the Aston route?

bosyber
bosyber

wowgr8 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 09:04
JPBD1990 wrote:
Italian daily newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport tried to evaluate the expectations and forecasts surrounding the new challenger of the team led by Mattia Binotto:

“[…] If you are wrong, you risk not seeing the ball for many more years. A scenario that in Maranello they do not even want to take into consideration, also because the results gathered in the simulator and in the wind tunnel give confidence. […] The F1-75 […] will have high sides and a zero volume rear pace […]. […] Respects what Mattia Binotto asked […]: dare and work without any prejudice. […] The rear suspension has been redesigned and the transmission has been downsized. […] We worked hard to recover the downforce that the new rules have cut […]. […] Engineers […] focused on Superfast ignition (“speeded up” in the pre-combustion chamber) with the aim of fully recovering the horsepower lost with bio gasoline (10%). The hybrid […] was tested in the last championship, and is therefore an enhanced evolution “. – the Italian daily newspaper reported.
The translation isn't very good on that site but this sounds like Ferrari might be going down the Aston route?
Thanks for that; from which site is that?

Reading it, yes does seem to indicate something like AMR.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

wowgr8 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 09:04
JPBD1990 wrote:

Thank you! Very interesting.

My reading of ‘high sides and a zero volume rear pace’ suggests something more aligned to Haas/McLaren - very slender engine cover rear of the sidepods. See Haas for ‘high sides’, which also lends itself more to ‘zero volume rear’.

My interpretation of Aston would be that it is the opposite of high sides. They’re more horizontal/flat than high/vertical. Also, their concept looks huge at the rear. Surely couldn’t be ‘zero volume’ rear space.

All imo tho. God I can’t waiiiit. It’s eating me up lol

wowgr8
wowgr8

bosyber wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 09:46
Thanks for that; from which site is that?

Reading it, yes does seem to indicate something like AMR.
https://scuderiafans.com/italian-media- ... couraging/ say they're quoting gazzetta but I can't find this article on gazzetta

f1rules
f1rules

Alfa with rear pushrod, do they buy the complete suspension and gearbox from ferrari

F1ern
F1ern

f1rules wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 13:27
Alfa with rear pushrod, do they buy the complete suspension and gearbox from ferrari
They buy the gearbox from them but not the gearbox casing. They made their suspensions themselves.

f1rules
f1rules

Ok, thank you

F1NAC

F1ern wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 13:32
f1rules wrote:
They buy the gearbox from them but not the gearbox casing. They made their suspensions themselves.
Wrong.

They are making gearbox inhouse because they have different philosophy than Ferrari.
Alfa Romeo has reportedly developed their own gearbox and suspension for the 2022 F1 season, further reducing their dependence on Ferrari. According to a report by Motorsport Italia, the team’s decision was reportedly influenced by their differing aero philosophy compared to the Scuderia.
Hence we can expect pull rod at Ferrari it seems
The Swiss’s 2022 car is reportedly incompatible with the Ferrari-designed suspension due to their differing design choices.

F1ern
F1ern

F1NAC wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 14:27
F1ern wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 13:32
f1rules wrote:
Wrong.

They are making gearbox inhouse because they have different philosophy than Ferrari.
Alfa Romeo has reportedly developed their own gearbox and suspension for the 2022 F1 season, further reducing their dependence on Ferrari. According to a report by Motorsport Italia, the team’s decision was reportedly influenced by their differing aero philosophy compared to the Scuderia.
Hence we can expect pull rod at Ferrari it seems
The Swiss’s 2022 car is reportedly incompatible with the Ferrari-designed suspension due to their differing design choices.
I read somewhere that they did not develope the whole gearbox, only the outer casing where the suspension connects.