2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

Jost Capito has strong ties with RedBull and is great friends with Dietrich Matechitz. That's the main reason why Albon got the role. And also why Capito sides with RedBull in the Masi situation. Can't blame him though. He is friends with Toto as well, but is more loyal to RedBull.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 01:48
Jost Capito has strong ties with RedBull and is great friends with Dietrich Matechitz. That's the main reason why Albon got the role. And also why Capito sides with RedBull in the Masi situation. Can't blame him though. He is friends with Toto as well, but is more loyal to RedBull.
I get a suttle feeling god couldn't save Masi's job.

__________ wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:16
Livery looks very lazy.
Definitely a show car.
We'll find out how it really looks next week.
The livery has grown on me since seeing it on track.
I'm surprised no one has commented on Williams running an updated spec nose, air box, and even side pod on track.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

Mr Brooksy

__________ wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 07:27
__________ wrote:
Livery looks very lazy.
Definitely a show car.
I'm surprised no one has commented on Williams running an updated spec nose, air box, and even side pod on track.
If I understand your comment on the 'updates', I think you'll find the first launch was using the F1 concept car, not a Williams, and the second that was on the track was the actual car they produced. Similar idea to Red Bull Racing except they did actually show their design on the same day.

Happy to be proven wrong though
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

NathanOlder

I dont rate Latifi at all in F1, the only occasions he got close to George was towards the end of last year. A time when they knew George was leaving and not the future of the team. Drivers get frozen out of briefings and not included in setup direction etc. So I put most of Latifis improvements at the end of 2021 down to Williams helping Nicholas as much as possible to help build his confidence for 2022. Time will tell.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

proteus

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 12:46
I dont rate Latifi at all in F1, the only occasions he got close to George was towards the end of last year. A time when they knew George was leaving and not the future of the team. Drivers get frozen out of briefings and not included in setup direction etc. So I put most of Latifis improvements at the end of 2021 down to Williams helping Nicholas as much as possible to help build his confidence for 2022. Time will tell.
I doubt Williams was able to afford to exclude George out of briefings. Also it was the end of current rules, so there was no reason for excluding him at all.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Herr_Koos

__________ wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 07:27
__________ wrote:
Livery looks very lazy.
Definitely a show car.
It's not an update, just the actual car.

NathanOlder

proteus wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 13:16
NathanOlder wrote:
I doubt Williams was able to afford to exclude George out of briefings. Also it was the end of current rules, so there was no reason for excluding him at all.
I disagree, with such a big rule change, Williams will believe they have the chance to jump well up the grid, or even find a silver bullet and challenge at the front, they wouldn't want George taking any info to Mercedes so he would have likely been cut out from everything they could. I could be well wrong of course :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SmallSoldier

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 13:48
proteus wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 13:16
NathanOlder wrote:
I disagree, with such a big rule change, Williams will believe they have the chance to jump well up the grid, or even find a silver bullet and challenge at the front, they wouldn't want George taking any info to Mercedes so he would have likely been cut out from everything they could. I could be well wrong of course :lol:
I’m afraid Williams problems to get back to the front are more than just a matter of regulations… The years of financial struggle not only cost them during those seasons, but in preparation for this year. With lack of investment, the tools they are using are potentially way behind the rest of the field (surely the teams at the front end of the grid), their CAD capabilities, production equipment, tooling, simulator, etc… If there is a big gap technology wise, that will have a big influence in their performance this year… That’s why Capito is talking of a long road back to the front… So I don’t think they were too concern about what George could take to Mercedes.

Furthermore, those briefings with the drivers aren’t in regards to the car “design”, they are more in terms of focus points or weaknesses to improve upon… The drivers don’t have any input in terms of the engineering / aero behind the car, maybe input into what’s important or what’s missing from a driving feeling… But from there to have a seat down with the Aero team to discuss their concept for next year? I don’t think so 😊

McMika98

Encoraging that Mercedes and Mclaren have similar aero philosophy with respect to sidepod design. The front wing does need more attention but rest of the body on the surface looks slippery. Hopefully they have gone for low drag concept. Early decent points haul on the cards.

ringo

AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 21:12
Alex will dominate Latifi
That's a bold statement. I do not think so. One has been off the grid for a year? These cars also drive different and so they could even play to Latifi's strengths, whatever those are.
Also Latifi is not garabage. He improved last year and may hold his own against Albon.
For Sure!!

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 16:13
AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 21:12
Alex will dominate Latifi
That's a bold statement. I do not think so. One has been off the grid for a year? These cars also drive different and so they could even play to Latifi's strengths, whatever those are.
Also Latifi is not garabage. He improved last year and may hold his own against Albon.
I think they will be a good team. With the extra funding and new management I really do think they will be, if not mid table, then the best of the tail end. But many a slip... as they say.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1doc

Big Tea wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 13:50
I think they will be a good team. With the extra funding and new management I really do think they will be, if not mid table, then the best of the tail end. But many a slip... as they say.
"The best of the tail end". Brilliant oxymoron! I have a sinking feeling this will be a pointless season for Dorilton. The sponsor deplete livery is matched only by Haas.

Big Tea

F1doc wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 19:11
Big Tea wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 13:50
"The best of the tail end". Brilliant oxymoron! I have a sinking feeling this will be a pointless season for Dorilton. The sponsor deplete livery is matched only by Haas.
The number of sponsors is not relevant, its the income from sponsors that keep the team afloat. That and the ability of the sponsor too pay up as promised.

Williams have earnings from other parts of the company too.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

the EDGE

Has anyone noticed just how ‘Blue’ the Williams looks on track… and after they made all that fuss about their new livery too