2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AeroDynamic

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

9:30

Max says it’s very wrong for people to talk to Michael while he tries to make a decision. Saying ‘it needed to be Michael making the decisions’

Surprising position for him to take publicly because his team was the most guilty of this behaviour from the clips I have seen all season in ‘21.

Of course as well, it was how his team secured victory, off the track in this fashion. I get why he supports Michael but it’s contradictory to me that he basically underlines the issue that played a decisive role in what broke the championship decider in his favour. Michael made an acknowledged error in his decision making and it was because he was not able to ‘take decisions peacefully’ with Jonathan Wheatley and Christin Horner pressuring him to make a decision that gives them a lap to attack for the victory.
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 24 Feb 2022, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Repeat after me: correlation is not causation.

You do not and will not know how masi would have acted were it not for wheatley on the radio. You cannot blame RB for being on the radio as everyone was that season. Calling it securing the victory this way is ludicrous. Be happy he acknowledges this sort of behavior should not be allowed.

AeroDynamic

DChemTech wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:31

You do not and will not know how masi would have acted were it not for wheatley on the radio. You cannot blame RB for being on the radio as everyone was that season. Calling it securing the victory this way is ludicrous. Be happy he acknowledges this sort of behavior should not be allowed.

The fia investigated it and changed the rules that stop what Wheatley and Horner did, and the race director is changed.. and you think it is too wide open that they did this for some other reason after the investigation? Well that is your position and conclusion you draw from everything but for me it is very, very clear.

Ryar

AeroDynamic wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:25

Max says it’s wrong for people to talk to Michael while he tries to make a decision. Saying ‘it needed to be Michael making the decisions’

Surprising position for him to take publicly because his team was the most guilty of this behaviour from the clips I have seen all season in ‘21.

Of course as well, it was how his team secured victory, off the track in this fashion. I get why he supports Michael but it’s contradictory to me that he basically underlines the issue that played a decisive role in what broke the championship decider in his favour. Michael made an acknowledged error in his decision making and it was because he was not able to ‘take decisions peacefully’ with Jonathan Wheatley and Christin Horner pressuring him to make a decision that gives them a lap to attack for the victory.
If a post can drift farthest away from truth and sit perfectly well in the elite category of conjecture, this is it.
Hakuna Matata!

DChemTech
DChemTech

AeroDynamic wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:36
DChemTech wrote:

The fia investigated it and changed the rules that stop what Wheatley and Horner did, and the race director is changed.. and you think it is too wide open that they did this for some other reason after the investigation? Well that is your position and conclusion you draw from everything but for me it is very, very clear.
The practice is undesirable regardless of the outcome. People were already complaining about it before last race. It would be banned regardless. So no, it proves absolutely nothing. Again. Cor re la tion is not cau sa tion
Last edited by DChemTech on 24 Feb 2022, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

AeroDynamic

Ryar wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:39
AeroDynamic wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:25

Max says it’s wrong for people to talk to Michael while he tries to make a decision. Saying ‘it needed to be Michael making the decisions’

If a post can drift farthest away from truth and sit perfectly well in the elite category of conjecture, this is it.
I think the one about Pirelli’s plot to make their tyres work for Mercedes is the golden example anyone needs.

AeroDynamic

DChemTech wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:41
AeroDynamic wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:36
DChemTech wrote:

The practice is undesirable regardless of the outcome. People were already complaining about it before last race. It would be banned regardless. So no, it proves absolutely nothing. Again. Cor re la tion is not cau sa tion
Let me just invite you to ponder one thing on this point despite already knowing we cannot agree.

In the course of their conversation where Horner and Wheatley did not allow Michael to take his own decisions in peace, Wheatley had said “… and then we’ve got a motor race on our hands” which Masi responded ‘Understood’ .. when later challenged by Toto about what this decision making was about, he took Jonathan Wheatley’s sentiments as his justification with ‘it’s called a motor race Toto’

I think it’s incredibly unlikely this dialogue plays out the same without JW and Horner talking to Michael into how to direct the race. It serves as a great example with just how much they successfully infiltrated his thought process and decision making, for me.

PlatinumZealot

DChemTech wrote:

Masi signalled no lapped cars to overtake then coincidentally flipped his decision after RedBull pressured him. It's obvious we would have had a restart with some obstacles for Max to clear on his super softs. Instead, Masi parted the sea for him like he (Masi) was God himself. Deus ex machina is what we witnessed.

Deus ex machina is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Dee
Dee

Max was exceptionally eloquent in that press conference, as he normally is

* Said that Masi should have been left in peace to be able to make a good decision on his own (correct)

* Said that it was wrong for the FIA to allow such contact between teams and Masi all year (correct)

* Says that Charlies died suddenly (a veteren with a lot of experience) and the new director (Masi) should have been given more support (correct)

* Says he shouldn't have been fired and been allowed to be co-race director this year. As Max had to learn from his first year, so should Masi

I'm 50/50 on the last one as I am glad that Masi is gone, his name is too tainted now but cannot but agree with everything that Max said here

f1jcw
f1jcw

Dee wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 21:32

* Said that Masi should have been left in peace to be able to make a good decision on his own (correct)

* Said that it was wrong for the FIA to allow such contact between teams and Masi all year (correct)

* Says that Charlies died suddenly (a veteren with a lot of experience) and the new director (Masi) should have been given more support (correct)

* Says he shouldn't have been fired and been allowed to be co-race director this year. As Max had to learn from his first year, so should Masi

I'm 50/50 on the last one as I am glad that Masi is gone, his name is too tainted now but cannot but agree with everything that Max said here
Well Max is going to defend the person that all but gifted him a WDC.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:09
Dee wrote:

Dude. Just no. Take your salt elsewhere

dans79

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:23
f1jcw wrote:
Dee wrote:

what about anti-salt?
197 104 103 7

Dee
Dee

dans79 wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:29
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

what about anti-salt?
I think an anti-salt button would be a good idea here lol

Enough votes and your comment is edited to just show a salt shaker :lol:

f1jcw
f1jcw

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
Dee wrote:

It’s not salt when it’s factual.
but trolling posts by Ryar are fine?

Oleo
Oleo

f1jcw wrote:
Dee wrote:

Nah I dont see Verstappen going to defend Hamilton. :wink: (baku gift was way more relevant, (and monaco and imola and hungary and... )